1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Trouble With Porsche GT3 R!! (FFB?)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Ethan Nichols, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Holy cow is this car impossible for me to drive! I can keep the 917/30 in better shape, and I'm not even kidding.

The rear overheats so SO fast and it's got a zero tolerance policy for even the slightest of bumps. The whole car feels like its not damped correctly. Hit a bump and just rocks violently back, forth, back, forth, back from axle to axle....and before its even done dealing with the bump behind you, you're running over the next 5 of them, with a car that's now all unbalanced and vulnerable for a classic widow maker. I lose the back of that car like 5 times in a SINGLE lap at RB Ring. Once you're sideways (the rear will certainly be in the red hot now), it's a hail mary to catch, even if you're within 5-10% of the required maintenence throttle.

I made a total arse of myself today trying to run the GT3R at the RB Ring as well as Brands Hatch, this car just can't take even the slightest bump on power, or off power, or you're DONE, son. I wound up taking out two drivers on separate occasions and not finishing a bloody 8 lap race.

I'm not sure why stock tire pressure values are set at 15 and 16 Psi, but I suspect that could be part of the overheating issue i'm having in addition to this.

Now, I also must mention that in my opinion, a few updates ago, Assetto's FFB feel was SPOT ON!!! Then something changed with update 1.10 or 1.11, and it's never been quite as good for me. It's never been that much of a problem, and I'm still very competetive online (that is....to say I'm at least a slow driver :) However, I think it's worth bringing up in this discussion because when ole girl steps her *** out, you know she ain't coming back to you.

I plan to do some tuning work with the car to see if making it softer will mitigate the issues. For now, there's no reason why this car should be slower than it's road car counterpart in my hands. W.T.F

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Anybody else having trouble with Steam's VR app? Jan 13, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Trouble with creating Hello World App May 11, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Crash server [Duplicate thread from Troubleshooting] Nov 25, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Cant post in troubleshooting forum Jun 5, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Trouble Connecting to US CP Server Feb 3, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec Csl Elite 1.1 trouble Dec 15, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Troubleshooting - Workarounds Oct 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Post Question in Troubleshooting May 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions iRacing is in a bit of trouble. Can Assetto Corsa Competizione rise to the challenge? May 6, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Trouble hosting server (linux) Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Career Pit Trouble Jan 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Wanted to say Hi, Permission to post on the troubleshooting forum? Dec 23, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Troubleshooting Track IR in ACC Dec 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions No access to ACC troubleshooting Oct 10, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Help please! Mouse troubles Sep 30, 2019

3. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

The pressure are that low now because the ideal pressures changed from 33psi hot to 26psi hot. Raise the car up to at least 70mm front and back, lower the rear springs to 90 as a starting point. I've made a setup video for it at Spa and she definitely isn't slow, it does need some setup work to make it more comfortable that is for sure.

paul_wev likes this.
  4. Hey man thanks for your setup advice, I'd love to watch your video! Where can I find it?

I'm also curious if you softened the springs and dampers up as well to go with the increased ride height.

Not sure I fully understand this part though. Did they patch the game and include a tire mod or something? So that the ideal hot pressures dropped?

5. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Psi for common slicks now is 26 with new v10 tyre model.

HavanaB0B likes this.
  6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Yes, they tyre pressures of some slicks have been altered to be more realistic.

As you are overheating the tyres, I presume you are using the soft compound, try the medium for racing...

HavanaB0B likes this.
  7. HavanaB0B

I'll link the video next time I'm on my laptop. As previously stated the pressure change was because of the updated tire model. You can do a full race 8/10 lap race on softs for every track except Barcelona from my experience. You need to do some setup work to make them work, but it is doable.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

ablout tyre pressure
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/v1-11-gt3-gt2-porsche-cup-tyre-pressure.41005/

9. HavanaB0B

There is the video. Setups are always in a state of work in progress for me, always something to tweak.