1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tyre grip feedback via FFB - make it more informative

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WallyM, Nov 23, 2017.

1. not only that.. that gut feeling seems to go against the other prominent "general gut feeling" that aliens, actually, use very mundane hardware.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  2. chakko

chakko Alien

No gut feeling. I consider iRacing to have the most competetive simracers, and they more or less all drive DD wheels, Heusinkveld gear, or Fanatec. Just take a look around in their profiles, on their team websites, or in their forum "post your rig" posts. Really, i haven't seen many of the real aliens driving with a G27, or a Thrustmaster T500. Very rare. Also, Martin Krönke, which is one of the iR over aliens, mentioned on a german forum recently that the alien guy mostly drive good gear, and, if there's someone who knows, then it is him. As i mentioned, that doesn't mean that good gear necessarily makes you faster. I have no doubt though that it makes you siginificantly more consistent, because, obviously, especially with good pedals, you can act much better on the limit.

Anyway, i apologize for my post above, and to Mr. Hornbuckle. Was a bit over the edge there.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Good brew makes drinking more enjoyable, not necessarily you getting drunk faster.

4. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Competitive simracers are sponsored by those more expensive brands. What they really use is what ever is fastest around the track. I've heard some used G27 pedals even though he had much more expensive equipment in the shelf. :rolleyes:

5. chakko

chakko Alien

I don't think that's a good example. You can also drive with a keyboard, but, that's hardly recommendable, because the application of brake and gas pedal is not analog. I drove with a Logitech Driving Force GT for years, and, the switch to a G27 with the G27 pedal set surely made me apply the brakes finer, thus making me quicker, because i can brake much better on the limit. The next advance was through using the GTEye brake mod my used G27 came shipped with. I didn't nearly lock the brakes as frequently as i did without the mod, because, again, the application is finer, and you have more control on the brake. In iRacing, you surely have an advantage with a DD wheel, because the FFB is pretty... precarious, and meant to work better with wheels which allow higher forces, and have less "force lag".

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You will get the biggest performance increase by switching to better load cell pedals, better wheel will help with immersion and only to some degree with performance, do not expect miracles. But it will make driving much more enjoyable, almost real life like. Most people get into DD realm for that reason alone, not necessarily to get faster.
    At least that was my experience on journey from G27 to T300RS to OSW with G27 Ricmotech LC pedals, CSP v3, HE Pro.

7. chakko

chakko Alien

Again, though, i didn't really argue that it makes you faster (although i do think that "being more comfortable" directly results in faster lap times). I just said that most of the alien drive with a expensive setup. And that's not just something i pulled out of my a**, just do a little research yourself, and you will come to the same conclusion.

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Sigh, never seen avatar suiting his user so perfectly.

9. chakko

chakko Alien

If you say so. :) But, hey, let's talk about it next time, rather than resort to insults.