1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unrealistic sessions ends in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jempy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

I'm surprised that V3 shows a step backwards in the session ends when server dedicated time is out.
    And I didn't even notice any word about it.

V2 introduced the possibility for all drivers to finish their begun lap when the session time had come to an end.
    This was only for Free Practice and Qualifying session ...
    Else said, much more realistic than suddenly being teleported back to the pits.

With V3, new change ... that's only for Qualifying session with a % setting:

When I saw this change in V2 .... I was sure the system would be extended the same way .... to race ends.
    To be precise: all drivers would be able to finish their begun lap after the race winner passed the finish line... and of course might not begin a new lap if they had been overlapped by the race winner.
    Realistic way of finishing a race.

If this was possible for Practice and Qualifications ... I wonder why it shouldn't be also possible for ... race.
    ( Time or laps ... not an enormous difference )

Please, dear Kunos devs .... could you have a look at this realistic way of finishing a race session ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay TOP AI drivers are unrealisticly fast Dec 14, 2018
    ACC Gameplay AI crazy unrealistic ability to recover spins Nov 16, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Head movement unrealistic in VR Mar 1, 2017
    Suggestions Automatic Lift as Option (+ unrealistic powercuts) Dec 2, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues unrealistic AI lap times when skipping Q May 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room If you ever feel like public multiplayer is an unrealistic mess... May 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Weird and unrealistic FFB behavior Apr 7, 2016
    Suggestions Unrealistic wheel behaviour May 15, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Unrealistic tyre wear? Jan 3, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Damage seems unrealistic Jan 2, 2015
    Suggestions Kunos. finally , limit the unrealistic vertical head moving in "lock to horizon" cockpit view Nov 5, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Isn't grass unrealistically slippery? (mp and sp also) May 12, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Unrealistic Sliding Still There Apr 29, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues lost ffb bettween sessions when its raining Nov 3, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Bugged results in quali and race sessions in North America Competitive race Dec 27, 2021

3. If that teleportation is actually forced, that is horrible.

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I agree, once the first crosses the finish line, it becomes the last lap for everyone, and everyone should have the chance to finish it; of course with the 120% thing to avoid trolls :) Those who have been lapped by the winner and still haven't crossed into the same lap by the time the 1st wins, that should be their final lap. Unless that's how it isn't irl.
    So with this change, I think the game should enforce for everyone, like it is enforced for practice and qualify.

YardStick, Jempy and Horus like this.
  5. Horus

Horus Alien

That is a server side option. If it is set too low then that is what happens, tell the admin of your servers to sort it out and it will work as it should. :)

Sleeper Service and Jempy like this.
  6. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

In our servers, I always ( except for the latest race, hhhhmmmm I forgot for once ! :confused: ) add time enough for everyone to finish the begun lap ... a chance for everyone to finish their race.
    But !!!!!! ... it gives also time for the other drivers to begin another lap if they were overlapped in a less short race. ( Enduro races for example ) ... what should not be possible irl. ... except the lap to allow the cars to rejoin the pitlane of course. :D

NB: and I'm suspecting ticking the Esc key ... isn't too good for results in Stracker. ( DNF showing in such cases .... I found no other reason for such DNF of drivers who finished their race.)

NB2: besides this point, why not a race based on time with a choice: Time or laps ?
    And possible choice of weather sky for the different sessions in place of a random one.

YardStick likes this.
  7. YardStick

YardStick Gamer

I'm one of those guys who sometimes finish 1 or 2 laps behind others. Far as I know, the AC doesn't give you any hints about it, when the winner crossed the finish line.

I'm no expert, but here's how I think it should work...

I think the fairest option would be to let everybody finish their current lap, and then teleport all to pits after it.
    Even if you're 5 laps behind, you would get white flag, and let's say 1-3 minutes (depending on the car and a track) to cross the finish line.
    That way everybody knows when it ends, and everybody gets some time to chat about the race and save the awesome replay.
    I'm not sure how realistic that is compared to real life but I think this would be better than the current system.

Other option is to let everybody race to the bitter end no matter how long it takes, and then give 20 secs to say bye and save, but as mentioned above that would give great tools for trolling.
    Maybe as an option for club and league races?

Possibility to set only duration for the race would be good too.
    Give it 90 minutes and a chance to finish your last lap. The winner is the one who covered most laps, rest of the field gets the number of laps and minutes and seconds it took for them to finish it after the winner crossed the line. Messy explanation, but I hope you get what I mean. Sorry. English isn't my strongest language. ;)

Now what happens is that you may get some sorta hint about the race ending when you see there are cars parked at he pit line, but you have no idea how long you have to go before the server resets. And that sucks.

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Since we don't have timed races - they are only for a number of laps - it is daft at the moment how you can keep racing for several laps after the winner has crossed the finish line, if you were several laps down. Your race should be over when you cross the line after the winner, no matter what lap you are on. You shouldn't be able to just keep racing for several laps until you reach the final lap number!

Knowing when the race is over is a pretty basic feature of a racing simulator...

Here's a server log where people keep racing for a few laps after the winner is finished.

Boris, Max, Roman and Denis all complete two more laps after the winner is finished.

Line 23627: LAP Aleksandr Dryha 1:59:860 <= This is the winner crossing the line
    Line 23655: LAP Edward Nazarenko 1:57:194
    Line 23682: LAP Boris Verhov 2:03:206
    Line 23712: LAP Roman Balan 2:01:140
    Line 23739: LAP Max Turk 2:00:689

Line 23770: LAP Yury Fufaykin 1:57:998
    Line 23797: LAP Denis Dunaev 2:12:020
    Line 23825: LAP Evgen Artemenko 1:59:498
    Line 23865: LAP Alexandr Samoylov 2:00:672
    Line 23915: LAP Vladislav Yakovlev 2:00:419
    Line 23942: LAP Anton Makarenko 2:00:876
    Line 23986: LAP Vasiliy Alekseev 2:16:419
    Line 24021: LAP Levan Min 2:01:441
    Line 24100: LAP Aleksey Peunin 2:00:694

THIS SHOULD BE RACE OVER HERE, BUT THE RACE CONTINUES...

Line 24132: LAP Boris Verhov 2:01:790
    Line 24173: LAP Max Turk 2:02:376
    Line 24200: LAP Roman Balan 2:03:389
    Line 24253: LAP Denis Dunaev 2:14:237

Attached Files:

Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

YardStick likes this.
  10. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

I thought that was the case.. Annoys the hell out of me when I finish a race and the session ends and the chance to save a replay of a cracking race, or some idiotic moment, has gone before you can quit to save.

Christopher Low likes this.
  11. It would be nice to have the option to switch on an "automatic replay save" feature.