1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.21

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Bigger bug that i noted till now is the fact that the servers with no booking are all listed as full in the lobby and that it is impossible to understand how many people are inside them

LTC Mike (40plus) likes this.
  2. I think you have to highlight each one individually to see how many people are actually in it

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Known issue, but you can check how many of the available cars are taken, to get an idea

4. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

The server's badly need mismatch control, a system like we had in Rf1 would be sufficient.

5. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

+1 on this...It would be a shame if all that is required to boost your car is to change an .ini file!

I've also noticed some "blur" or "whiteness" (for lack of better words) but I just assume this can be fixed by individual settings in AC / your graphicscard / PC / monitor so I dont find it an issue as such...

6. gigelis

gigelis Gamer

restarted the pc,a minor update of AC and thinks are back to normal,i agree with the guys especialy at nurburgring gp all seems to white and ffb indicator at pedals app dont work

7. jd197

jd197 Gamer

Really disappointing that we don't have a Linux server, I have been hosting two instances on a Linux Ubuntu VPS 24/7 for the last while and it was very popular, always full. Worked very well. I cant afford to rent a decent Windows box and home connection cannot support a server. Please look at this for us.

LTC Mike (40plus) and mangal like this.
  8. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson Gamer

Seems to be way too much contrast now, environment looks dark, blurry, and subdued.
    have you tried unchecking Post Effects in the dispay options that is what HDR is called now.

Tucker73 likes this.
  9. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

I noticed in the controls menu that DRS and KERS are now mappable to buttons.

Are these features implemented yet, or is this just preparation?

Thanks again KS

10. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Thx Aris and Michael for the tip. Right now find a server will be nearly as bad as with the booking, but I imagine that the thing will be soon fixed. Also FFB's bar in pedal app doesn't work

spiritofsenna likes this.
  11. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

But still better than booking :D Btw...what's up with such a high contrast in game? Did you do anything related to contrast or whatsoever? It really looks to bright...

12. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

This is exactly the update we were all wanting/needing to hear. Thanks Kunos for keeping us in the loop with the vital information and layout of the future of this very important sim. I will be in the 98T all weekend once I get home today. Also the next thing that I'm am stoked about is the per-car FFB settings. I have been doing this the hard way since the beginning so this is both surprising and well received. I have a feeling this is the by far the biggest update since the beginning and love the open book policy with your passionate fans and clients. Forza Kunos!

Ricky Reject likes this.
  13. i tried with exos doesnt work

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't worry, it's on the to do list, it will be similar to the surface.ini of the circuits. You will have to upload to the server just the DATA folder of add on cars and the server will do mismatch controlling.

A little more of patience and it's on its way.

cooknn, Joao Alves, tabis and 11 others like this.
  15. Sean

Sean Simracer

Thank you very, very much for this update. I have not gotten to test it much, but I have set up our server with out prebooking, did a quick test and it looks like what we have been wanting. Thanks again!

Ricky Reject likes this.
  16. alex72

alex72 Alien

Monza vegetation looks soooo lush now. Deep green and deep blacks (contrast). The sim looking so juicy. Well done Kunos!

Also nice to see the ping and quality of connection. When its 100% and ping is low its definately better overall but still some jitters here and there. New netcode so im not worried that you get it eventually, Kunos. :)

Oh, please make people kicked when we close our servers (hosting). I have a guy now on my server since more than 30 minutes and i cant start it again lol. :D

And again, holy cow - the 98T! What a beast. So fun to use the turbo boost strategically to catch up and then use slipstream and pass. Had so many battles so far and its super super fun. Loving the FFB settings in the pit setup menues as well. So much stuff to be happy about. :)

Great work Kunos!

17. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

netcode seems really smooth, great work!

18. spiritofsenna

spiritofsenna Simracer

I just wanted to second what @Big Engine mentioned...

Via the "pedals" app.. The FFB bar is not functioning. All other pedal bars work except for FFB

Big Engine likes this.
  19. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Is it just me, or is it really hard to drive with 98T on clutchless wheel? For me it's very easy to break the engine..

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

AI looks weird now. The whole column of cars runs like a train with a locomotive pulling it at the top. I liked it better from 0.20.5

HDR cannot be switched off, and DOF is on, cannot be switched off either. While HSD is improve din contrasts, the DOF gimmick does not do it for me, never did. To be forced to use it, I do not like. Not one bit.

The Lotus is a beast, so much is certain.

The skin selection problem issue I reported in a separate threat, still exists.

The problems with the menu sidebar coming up and sending you out of the race, also interrupting replays, seems to have been solved, yes, via hotfix? I will check it later this evening.

I had the Lotus 98 with 25 others at Monza. In second lap, the AI cars all seem to got blown-up-engine-syndrome and came to a standstill at various parts of the track, then the sidebar issue also kicked in. I do not know if both issues are connected or not, so I need to look at it again after the hotfix, later this evening. It happened in two race attempts.

That's it from me after first half an hour of testing.