1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. hi, now I see 3 different colors in the name labels, white (or gray), yellow and red... Do you have to guess again what's the new feature called? I bet it has to do with ping but i'd like more hints :)
    no mention on the change logs, some devs are definitely lazy :p (we know you don't do it on purpose but it would be nice to communicate more with us, sorry if I posted it in 2 different threads)
    [​IMG]

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What's your point here?

3. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Read 2 posts above the one you quoted ;)

WallyM likes this.
  4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I don't have the first clue as to what Stefano did to improve the AI in this recent update, but they certainly seem to be more intelligent now. Not just aggressive, which we can adjust. In my experiences since the update, the AI seems to drive more realistically. The only complaint I have...and this drives me up a friggin' wall when I see it in videos...I wish it weren't so easy to shoot past 1/3 of the field when the starting lights signal "GO!". It would be great if the AI car this is just ahead of the AI driver the player is about to pass would just move over and block the player's ability to proceed, or just give them all turbo boost to that first corner. :D I know that's not a good solution. But, it does drive me nuts when I see people doing that in videos. "Look at me take on 23 AI drivers!!" After Turn One the player is in 10th place. :rolleyes:

mms, pigsy and Schnipp like this.
  5. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

I strongly agree.
    It's too easy to pass AI at the start.
    For me it's often like that:
    I struggle to qualify in the middle of the pack and when the lights turn green I'm able to pass a couple of cars (which were significantly faster in Qualifying).
    Sometimes I just don't overtake at the start but it's very difficult to withstand that temptation.

Despite of this I love the new AI - they race very authentically/realistically.
    They overtake very carefully in muticlass settings and seem to weigh their chances to pass others without causing any trouble (for themselves as well as for others). It seems very "human".
    I really enjoy their new behaviour.

ALB123 and Michele Papis like this.
  6. Alistair :eek:

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think unchecking auto save does this and reverts to the one large file as I did this when auto save didnt work and it went back to the single file.

I think for admin purposes using the new format is better just raise the auto save limits. This will save each session in its own file and should likely have correct names for people in server unless this has been fixed which I havent tested yet.

With auto save I think it just keeps the last 1-10 replays from each session depending on settings this means if you keep the number fairly high it should always have the replay from a recent session that you want.

Unlimited will chew up hd space so not a good option but I quite like the new solution. Not sure if a longer race with auto save it saves multiple replays or only the last one for the session.

Schnipp likes this.
  8. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Yes, just turn off the auto save replay option in settings and it will be the same as before.

edit:
    It was answered and i didn't see.
    I don't know what's with me lately. I also give people false information and i take wrong conclusions from posts.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    ALB123 and Schnipp like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I don't really like having multiple sessions; I mean replays.
    If something happened that leads to watching the replay until 1.14 I usually watched someone's behaviour in previous sessions too. Now I would need to load several session.

I do understand that most probably want each session in a single file since they don't actually do it for admin stuff, but TBH, I spent quite some time keeping servers clean and having one single replay file is much more convenient for my purposes.

Thanks guys for the solution, I'll try it later. :)

@WallyM:
    The question was how to read the wind indicator, which way shows wind from the front or the back.

WallyM and Gunja like this.
  10. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

What?
    He is right, isn't he?

Or is it another approach to drag me to the more "human" side of AC? :)

Cheers

Edit: As other people have already done I also did a short AI test in Assetto Corsa:
    (It's in German.)
    5 lap multiclass race @Reb Bull Ring including three series: Audi TT Cup, GT3 and LMP1

Watch from 18:40 to see how an AI driven LMP1 car handles traffic.

After_Midnight and MsportDAN like this.
  11. AI need some line correction, do a tatuus race at Red Bull ring.. At first turn a lot of cars hit the apex bouncing out of the road, massive stop ahead. How can be reported on forum?

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Correct, white is good ping, yellow is average ping, red is high ping (but this doesn't necessarily mean there will be an issue, I was racing last night with several guys who had red names and it was fine).

13. Yes, it gotta be something like >300ms

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Exactly, I saw guys having pings lower than 50 who were warping and regularly encounter ppl. with 200-250 ping that are ready but have a stable connection.

On the old version the only logic behind it I could see was:
    green: less than 100 ping (I guess this now is just white)
    yellow: 100 to 200 ping
    red: over 200 ping

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Anyone noticed standard P1 being much more enjoyable to drive now, or is it just me glitching ? It used to be way too stiff IMO, and now it is perfectly awesome.

Aristotelis likes this.
  16. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Did you not see the news? All the road cars were updated in 1.4.

:eek:

BrandonW77, daniel.13, Psit and 2 others like this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

No :/

And no again.

Nooope...

Nor in 1.4, neither in 1.14.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think you should read that thread, not only the name of that thread. And I'm pretty sure that P1 was touched. And I'm happy about it. I doubt that I have placebo on this one :D

20. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I think he's being sarcastic ;)

And btw, I love the wind, its really a game changer. Having to adapt your braking point makes the driving experience so more dynamic! I just completed an online race at Nurb GT with the 911 carrera S and I was gaining time on different part of the lap depending on the wind direction, very cool :)

Gunja, Schnipp and mantasisg 2 like this.