1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Cobra is downright annoying to drive now. Far too much play in the steering for my tastes. I'd rather have a Factor Five Cobra Roadster, hahaha.

Interestingly enough the GT40 got much better, feels a bit more composed and less tail happy. That Cobra though, snake bit everytime!!! hahah

2. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

The Cobra doesn't feel different to me in any way than it did with update 1.13 and its pace hasn't changed either. Maybe it's the FFB that makes it feel different?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know how many times Ive said this but its worth mentioning again. Sometimes after a patch I get weird ffb, its clipping at low forces and feels like ****. Now I always verify integrity before even going on track after a patch, big patch or hotfix. I think this have saved me a lot of headache and many times verifying have helped people here on the forum that ask for help with troubleshoot their issue. It takes a couple of minutes but in the end it can save you much more time than that. :)

chksix likes this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

can we get a random option on the time weather and temp thing please// :) So i can stop using the content manage thingy.

5. Why would you want to stop using CM? Its far superior than the standard launcher in almost every way.

DaveS78 likes this.
  6. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

liakjim and DaveS78 like this.
  7. There is no wind in hotlap mode. (unless you are using CM, in which case you have to turn it off manually)

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Or use the new "Ideal settings" checkbox :)

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Then something has changed with the GTA 100%. There is no way I should be slower on the straights at Monza 66 at 10C than at 26C. Same setup 100%.

The Cobra I could see being an ini or ffb setting change as it is steering feel thar is different. You were there last time we tried the Cobra Michael, perhaps you remember I was struggling quite a lot. Yesterday I was doing within 1 sec of my best lap of the evening straight away. Something else I noticed in the Cobra (probably a product of 1.13 as I havent really driven the car since that MP session) it is very nervous over curbs and if you dip a wheel in the sand at RIR, when you get back on track the car seems to pull to the side with the dirty wheels for a sec which feels quite nice :)

10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Is the CM ready for using the special events yet?
    I mean, can I play a special event, and will the result (winning of silver medal for example) be synchronised in both CM and original launcher, no matter from where I started the special event (CM or original launcher)?
    I tried it some time ago but as a noob concerning CM I didnˋt figure out how it could work and which of the many launcher-options in the CM-settings I would have to choose...:oops:

11. No idea if it syncs or not with the normal launcher, since I don't use the normal launcher... But the events themselves work fine.

Mike1304 likes this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Works fine for me.

Btw. Content Manager also has its own thread.

Mike1304 likes this.
  13. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

For me the Cobra was all over the place before 1.12 update, and I really like it since v1.12. Did not notice any difference between 1.12, 1.13, and 1.14 though

14. Orne

Orne Alien

I haven't liked the Cobra since the past few updates. I don't doubt the real life car was a handful to drive so I don't question the handling in AC. I prefer the 911s at this point any way so it works out I guess, ha !

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I also don't feel anything being different with the Cobra since it got updated to V10/inertia/brakes. There was a change in handling back then but it's rather the same since then for me.
    @andy-riches You mentioned gyro. If you changed it at some point, maybe change back to see if that's what makes the difference. If you haven't already.

16. I personally thought that the Cobra felt better after the v10 tyre update. I stuffed my Silverstone National lap time in the car, and it felt really nice to drive. However, this was using semislick tyres. Maybe I need to check out the street tyre option....

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think the Cobra only has one (vintage) tyre set.

liakjim likes this.
  18. Did it ever have more than one set of tyres, or is this another example of senility at work? :eek::oops:

19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think it was only Vintage tyres, at least I can't remember it having different tyres in the past.

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I dont remember if it was on or off before, maybe it changed itself though.

Do you remember how off pace I was that first session post 1.13? The car was literally weaving left and right down the straight. It felt like the adjusted tyre wall was about 5ft and it was oscillating back and forth on them. Pctm still complaining about the car pulling to the side though so could be setup related.