1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.14 and RTR DLC impressions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by pankykapus, May 18, 2017.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I'm almost sure that the Cobra had Street tyres option alongside Vintage but they were taken away many months (years?) ago. Almost sure though, not 100%.

I think it's worth a try with it set differently than what you have now and compare.
    Don't remember your pace, but I remember a lot of complaining. :p
    Well I wasn't happy with the setup too and I had to make a new one, but I did it back then (v1.12 IIRC) and I'm a happy Cobra driver again since then.

Andy-R likes this.
  2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I want to see it officially supported like Ai variation is now.

3. I have never used a setup for the Cobra other than the default one, so maybe any differences that the v10 tyre upgrade added were masked to some extent? I know how you guys like loose rear ends :D

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Wasn't that with the mod?

The Miura also has vintage (=V) tyres as opposed to street vintage (=SV). Never quite understood why though. Could be just the same labeled differently.

5. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Huh? He asked why you would want to stop using Content Manager? What does that have to do with AI variation being officially supported?

6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Here is what I mean about the GTA...

I set this lap time > http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=4778&car=1201
    the day before the new 1.14 version came out using RSR Pro settings. The guy in 1st was using 10c. Shortly after 1.14 came out I noticed the Pro stamp was missing from my time so I thought I might as well try at 10c as well as my P is missing anyway. Set the track to 10c, loaded the same setup from a few days before and was losing time down the straights vs my delta from 1.13.

So just now I recorded this, track temp 10c, flat shifting for max performance, delta is from the RSR time above using pro setting (26c) I managed to get a better exit out of the final corner and run down the straight than my delta but even though i'm pulling away, by the end of the straight the delta is catching me up again. When I tried in the past to improve my time at this track in the Lotus 25 at 10c vs 26c I gained over 0.5 seconds over the lap IIRC.

Not that any of this really matters, just interesting (to me) :D So either I guess there is a very minor wind in hotlap creating the difference or something has changed with the GTA. I've never seen a delta do that really, it is either gaining until a bad shift or braking zone or losing from bad exit. Never gaining and then switching to losing time down 1 straight... unless it was really borderline and I did a dodgy shift.

7. Cobra still feels fantastic to me.

liakjim likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Feels great to me now as well. The car can actually drive in a straight line without needing constant input to correct its direction. It felt initially like the tyre wall change you mentioned was to replace them with jelly :D I disliked it so much that Monday just gone was the next time I drove the car that I used to drive frequently. Im really glad I did try it again yesterday... for whatever reason (setup or config if nothing else I suppose) im enjoying it again :)

MsportDAN and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah had fun with the Ai at zandy in the cobra. Although i will be honest had to enable trc as I felt it was too much for me, and my cheap pedals. Lol. Still could get it sideways but I felt more balanced with Ai.

10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

simple I prefer kunos less "overcomplicated" version.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I guess we have a different understanding of what messy means. Overcomplicated because of having more functionality maybe and I have no problem with people disliking that, but messy it is not - rather the opposite, far more organised than the official launcher.

Btw., there is a suggestions subforum. Use it. :) https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/suggestions.29/

12. chalminho

chalminho Simracer

I haven't tried the cobra recently but I can definitely confirm that gyro sometimes changes itself somehow. It gets randomly deactivated so often for me that I just check if it's enabled at the beginning of every session now.

And obviously having it on or off makes a huge difference. On is much more realistic, at least on my setup.

I'm using content manager if that makes any difference.

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I cant remember if I had it on or off in 1.13 :p

14. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Oh. IMO Content Manager is far less complicated than the official launcher, like picking a track is a matter of a couple clicks instead of scrolling through pages and pages of tracks in order to find the one you want, for example. Same with picking a car, two clicks instead of scrolling through pages and pages of cars. Plus it launches and closes so much faster, every time I have to use the official launcher it feels so clumsy and inefficient.

15. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I still use official launcher sometimes, but Content Manager 8times out of 10, it saves a lot of time, and it is most valuable thing.

I preffer Kunos launcher for online racing for example.

Vel likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Why?

17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

why can't people like what they like?

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Couldn't really get used to CM UI for online yet, maybe should try a few more times, but the last time it was somehow uncomfortable to me, I couldn't find and see what I wanted, I also couldn't work out how to search servers lol

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I find CM a bit awkward. The buttons top left are very difficult to click (have to click below them) the graphics options use different terminology to the main game and if I switch from 1 to the other the different controller profiles I have in CM mess with the main game. When I tried to go online using CM it showed the server I help admin as having content I dont own, even though I set it up. RHM integration is nice, vanilla motion is extremely nauseating in some cars but having to set and use F6 as look back is more annoying than feeling sick the 1% of the time I drive the Cayman GT4 :p... I use CM almost exclusively to generate skin previews :p

MsportDAN likes this.
  20. BTW: I also use the Kunos launcher for the game. Its simple to use and I don't need most of the CM features.

Vel likes this.