1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

V1.3.4. tyre model fine tuning on gt cars and more.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Cobra is still using v4 I think? only difference should be the suspension fix Stefano talked about a lot in one stream & consequent better FFB, which is possibly what you're noticing.

I'm convinced the Alfa is using the wrong tyres completely, at this point :p the GT40 gets rather slippery when you push it, the Alfa GTA... doesn't. Unless it's a 70s version using 70s slicks, but then it needs giant wheel arch extensions & rather larger wheels.

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yes cobra is still v4, i might have been comparing the competition cobra to the s/c, im not sure now, when i thought some more i have a feeling the cobra we raced just before 1.3 was the competition version and just after 1.3 it was the s/c on the same tyres :confused: if it wasnt that i assume its a "feel" or temperature thing. maybe i altered placebo.ini by accident

agree about the gta. they said that v5 vintage wasnt ready though hence most classic cars are v4 still so i assume/hope we will get an update to the gta's tyres when they add v5 for the other classic cars

i've put a lot of hours into that little car and it just isnt the same anymore :(

3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for this update Kunos.
    So much passion and so much attention to details (where Devil hides), you deserve all the best ;)

4. Why update any of the vintage tyres if the code isn't ready?

5. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

6. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I think it's just vintage slick/semislicks (or whatever you call the Lotus 49's sorta-treaded tires), the vintage road tyres are a different matter.

7. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

Thanks Aris.
    Finally a big step forward (1.3 was so bad I had to reinstall the 1.25).

I can't wait until all the cars are fixed (Alfa GTA was one of the best sim cars ever and now it feels like a train...).

Keep up with the good work!

TheBoss likes this.
  8. It's been more than a year now since ac release and it's a good path taken with the new tire model, ffb is amazingly smooth and they don't even take a break, a few weeks for Aris, the best sim racing streams from developers (let's count Luca's too hehe) what a year for AC. Now is kind of a new beginning with tm5. Cheers to kunos team

Sent using Tapatalk

9. Octane

Octane Simracer

Am I the only one tiptoeing around for a couple of laps just hoping to not wipeout. Its constant braking lockups and over-accel off corners (Nissan GT3-Imola). I am going slower and braking earlier so its not like I'm plowing into the first corner. Only after a couple of laps do I attempt a hotlap and hope that I hold it in the road...it never seems to give me the grip I expect. Dare I say it feels like 1.. ahhhhh, I won't go there.

The same goes for the same car at Nords. I'm looking at 2/3 lap to get the heat in the tires and even after that I can't get in a groove. Maybe its just the Nismo...not really in the mood to try anything else at the moment.

I know this is by design and many are happy with it. I am truly happy for them. Just giving you my viewpoint. I wish I had the time for multiplayer and most of all that you would have the patience :D

As a hotlapper this adds two extra laps onto every session just to have fun. <-this is my biggest grief. My time in AC has been reduced drastically for the coming months due to my job (travel) and re-learning to drive time and again is not what I hoped for. The same goes for setting up the car each time. I remember reading that the physics weren't changing again for a long time and that made me think I could concentrate on finally getting full-on practice with what we had.

I realize the tyre model is a different animal, but it has a similar effect. Any idea how much longer there will be major changes to driving? (this is a smart aleck/rhetorical question because I know it can't be answered with certainty) Subtle changes would be good, but I'd really like to get settled in for the most part. It just seems like every time I start to really grasp what to do with my driving the model changes.

Yes!!!!!...as many of you have figured out I am not happy with changes in my job so take all of this with a grain of salt. THANK YOU for being a caring dev team. Lovin' AC! Love the Devs! ...and I expect to be here for the duration.

10. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

When you are starting a new session you will find the option to have your tyres already warmed up (totally or partially). I can't remind in which menu but if I'm not wrong is the driving assistance's one

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

Check this out: tire blankets.

12. Do we get information on core tyre temps from apps or is it surface? if not can we expect to be able to see this available at some stage?

13. Octane

Octane Simracer

Yes, this works great! Thanks. I've always just clicked pro and went with default factory settings for most cars for RSR timing. Never took the time to look into other settings.

Here's where I'm embarrassed and wish I could hide under a rock. My previous post was unnecessary and I am admitting it was my mistake only. Before leaving town for my job four days ago I was driving the Glick and noticed in RSR the only way to get a pro time was to turn TC and ABS off. So I did. :rolleyes: I returned from my trip and hop in the Nismo where I've always had those settings turned on and lo and behold it won't brake or steer for crap. :oops::oops::oops: Now that I've got factory settings everything is balanced now and feels great. If only I could go back in time and not click "Post Reply". Oh well, live and learn. Forgive me please.

14. I never use TC, altho I do use ABS if the car is meant to have it, as is the case for GT3 cars.

15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I think no one here minds at all, it´s just good that you learned something here, and can enjoy AC better, no need for embarrassement. And possibly a lot of other people haven´t known this before and will check it out now.

Octane and MiKeAhOwSkI like this.
  16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Finally I can say that I'm driving like aliens do... although I'd rather want to say that I'm doing similar lap times. ;)

17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Seriously, you have nothing to be ashamed of or be embarrassed. You had something you didn't like on the sim. You expressed yourself nicely and politely which is VERY important. You got the answers from the other great members of the forum and now you get a better experience from AC.
    Even if you still didn't like the experience from AC after the replies, you would be totally entitled to your opinion and you wouldn't hurt anybody as long as you can express yourself in the way you did.
    An example to follow for all of us. That's what a forum is for.

18. ouvert

ouvert Alien

is it me or is Z4 GT3 locking super easily with or without ABS, while other GT3s or even cars without ABS are fine ... ? could be bug? default setup, fast track, tyre blankets (or not) tyres on same temps as in other cases .. 85-90 .. havent check the bias but shouldn`t be crazy off with default setup ...

19. That was the only type of tyre they had, so ... "racing tyre" :) given slicks have been around since the 50s I'm not sure why they didn't use them circuit racing, but there you go.

I think RSR Pro mode asks for ABS set to Factory ( definitely turns TC off yes ). I usually turn ABS off anyway because it feels odd getting in a car with ABS after driving so many without.

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

as far as I know rsr pro doesnt mind if you have factory abs on or off

esox71 likes this.