1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

V1.3.4. tyre model fine tuning on gt cars and more.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Oct 22, 2015.

1. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Using danny guisa tyre app, the mediums start at 100%. I did 5 laps with 3 tyres in the 70's C and only have 1% grain on front right as that was in the 60's C. Optimal medium temps used to start at 85C so either the optimal temps were changed or the graining is very minor once you get close enough to optimal.... but I had damage at 50%, which limits the tyre damage too, not just the bodywork. This should not be the case.

Please Kunos give us a separate car and tyre damage slider.

2. earlyapex

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I drove BMW Z4 GT3 a bit earlier and it felt really great now! If youre into GT3 cars and havent tried it out since the 1.3-1.3.4, do it!

4. Humm, so there are differences between hotlap and other sessions with same conditions.. :eek:

5. earlyapex

Yeah, the problem is it feels way better/more grippy than the other GT3's.

6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I never really was into GT cars in AC but the last week I am. My favs are Z4GT3 and 458GT2, I think the Huracan has a lot of understeer default.

Cheers
    Robin

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah, 2nd lap i got a new PB with it out of the GT3's on Norschleife tourist. :) Its good for a bad driver like me.

8. Hany

Hany Alien

NO, road temps doesnt work online and offline for me. Air temp does, so there is absolutely no difference between hotlap, practice or mp.

Air temp acts as road temp right now and affects the engine power.

cerebralvortex and McStinger like this.
  9. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I am not sure to understand correctly. Does the damage percentage apply to the normal tyre wear as well? Or only to flat spots?

10. I don't think that that's currently implemented....

11. It affects drag.

12. Yes, but not actual power.

David Dominguez likes this.
  13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

If you're on a type of surface that'll improve over time, larger grids will improve it quicker (eg. green starts at 92% and rises to 95% over time or whatever)

cerebralvortex likes this.
  14. yeah well it needs to be slower on straigths.... now its faster than real life in straights
    compared to the other gt3

15. Not sure if it affects the engine i would say it doesnt however i think it affect aero

16. McStinger

McStinger Racer

...so we are still desirous for an original AC tyre-temp app (made by Kunos devs), showing correct IMO surface temps :confused:
    - perhaps not as BIG as the devs app at the moment? so we can run it while driving?
    - perhaps showing the perfect tyre temperature window as intended by colour? blue to green to red?
    - perhaps with auto-detection of the tyres used?
    so
    a small tyre temp app that is not forced to read core temps like 3.party apps are right now?
    surface temps would be much more appreciated like many of us said again and again and...
    so hard to do during the past few days, weeks, months? :confused:
    Kunos devs, pls ? ;)
    cu on track! :cool:

TheBoss and cerebralvortex like this.
  17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

When 1.3 was released Aris said they will do it.
    I think working on updating the tyre model itself is more important than the temp app...
    So hard to stop making requests and wait?

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  18. McStinger

McStinger Racer

I`m so sorry that I can`t watch and listen and read every single word of Kunos devs on every social media channel as some of the hardcore AC fan boys seems to do every day&night (hi Michael :rolleyes:)... well, seems I missed Aris clear statement you quoted, which resulted in my question. By the way: hope it is no unforgivable affront to ask a/o remind sth from the masters themselfes? Allways thouhgt this is one of some good reasons why we communicate in a forum like this :rolleyes:
    to answer your question: no, ofc it`s not... if you know its coming ;)
    cheers :cool:

mrsmr2 and Vítor Sousa like this.
  19. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I was about to reply to that, but it's a waste of time.

Just a side note. "Following" this forum gives me all info about AC, thanks to people doing some copy&paste from other sites and the devs themselves making threads like this one.

Ace Pumpkin and witoldinho like this.
  20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

This was excused, but Aris talked about the need of making an app in their first thread about the changes in 1.3: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/v1-3-whats-the-buzz.27204/
    "And a mea culpa. The new heat tyre model is extremely complicated. We should have made a proper app or proper messages to warn you when the tyres are cold, overheated, good or bad condition. We didn't make it. We apologize, we will try to do it... err... soon™. Please be kind and have patience, it's complicated for us too and days have only 32 hours."