1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

V1.3.4. tyre model fine tuning on gt cars and more.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Octane

Octane Simracer

Your wish will come true according to Aristotelis' first post in this thread.

mrk1001 likes this.
  2. mister dog

mister dog Alien

As i said in another thread, 1.3 has been a major gamechanger on my CSR. The feedback from the road is tons better now and the cars are a lot more intuitive in general. I can catch a slide now as i feel when it's happening, whilst before i had to rely mostly on visual feedback and by then it was too late resulting in a spin.

When i drive a mod now, it notice a big difference as they all feel light and numb in comparison.

Good job, please continue building on this model as it feels great.

3. millen

millen Racer

This would be nice, we are trying to run a GT3 league, and people want locked default setups for ease of use, but also want the mixed cars, so trying to get a balance between them all with adding ballast is proving hard, as some cars require a fair amount of ballast, but adding it without set up tweaks kills the fun in the car. :p

4. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

@Aristotelis Please have a look at the DTM tires for the next versions as they are no longer balanced. The soft compound lasts forever; medium and hard are useless at the moment.

thodoris1884 and Kristaps like this.
  5. marty73

marty73 Gamer

I did some laps with the Formula Abarth / Tatuus in Barca and had the following impressions:

1. It is harder to apply wheelspin to the rear as if the engine lost power but more likely it is more grip of the rear tires. But once you get wheelspin its quite snapy ... before it felt more progressive.
    2. The car is very sensitive when taking a curb inside ... i had some initital spins ... very snapy - alot more than before.

The GT cars are great with the V5 but maybe that little light car needs some fine tuning ... but just my impression ... don't know what is more realistic :)

6. kevje

kevje Racer

You can also finish an hour long race on just mediums with the GT3 cars. Sure they slowly drop off halfway in but after that they maintain a steady lower amount of grip. Im not sure if this is realistic. In the Blancpain sprint series for example, they do pit in and change driver after roughly 30 minutes, exactly the point where mediums in AC sit around 98% to 97% grip (using the tyre temp app...) but in AC you could skip pitting in entirely (no driver swapping :p ) if you started with a full fuel tank.

Maybe 125-150% tyre wear is the most realistic? But I have no idea about fuel use compared to their real life counterparts.

7. myimac

myimac Alien

I just did 6 whole laps of zandvoort with the brakes fully locked and the graining and blistering was below 20%. how is that possible? I literally got the tyres to full red in damage.

8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I can confirm that with new tire model and latest updates the feeling has improved much (G27).
    Aris told us that we now have to warm up the tires in the first few laps.
    Noob question: this is not essential for hotlapping, right (tires are probably already warm)?

9. Unless you have enabled tire blankets they will always start cold, no matter the game type.

10. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I find even with using tyre warmers, the tyres still take time to come in properly. Almost like the tyre blankets only heat up the surface or just the core and isn't implemented properly across all the affected cars.
    Spins are possible at 60km/hr with 80C slicks ??

nate and Octane like this.
  11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you! Didn't even know that there is an option for that...
    So do you guys have the option set to ON then?
    It would make sense that you can start hotlapping in a "hotlap-mode" at once...

12. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Barça/FCBarcelona

[​IMG]

City Barcelona/Catalunya

[​IMG]

13. You're probably experiencing the "sticker slick" - you have to "break in" the tires before they're up to full grip, no matter if they're up to pressure/temperature or not, as they're essentially brand new tires. (that said, Kunos doesn't do this for all of their tires, so it could be a placebo as well)

14. earlyapex

Have you got a reference for this actually being in AC?
    If yes it's good, if not it's bad.

15. Yes....It's in the wear files of each tire; some have it, some don't.

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. earlyapex

Very cool, is it on GT3 tyres or what?

17. I'm not sure about current ones. I recall it being on the softs pre-1.3 of AC.

18. earlyapex

Oh are you talking about softs starting at 90% and breaking them in to 100%?

No, I was using medium GT3 tyres that already start at 100% and still feel like they suffer from the sticker slick effect.

19. Then yeah that's probably just a placebo.

20. iVG

iVG Alien

They start at 99% and what app you're using for temps? I have the core temps with OV1 and mediums once up to temps don't behave any different as long as they're on max grip. Make sure you look at your graining percentage as mediums are much harder to maintain temperature in their core. I've noticed you can grain your tyres during your out lap to about 1% all around and it's like having your overall grip to be -1%