1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Video-Settings for i7-4790K + GTX 1060 (6GB)

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Yaerox, May 17, 2020.

1. Yaerox

Yaerox Rookie

Just got ACC. So far I really can't enjoy it. Yeah my PC is old, I know, but I thought at least on my old TV-Screen I should be able to get it running smoothly. (Usually I only race in VR).
    So far I tried many video settings but the game still doesn't feel really smooth. Anyone around got some ideas what to change or is my PC just not strong enough?

I have some monitoring captures in the attachements: https://imgur.com/a/osaUjPk
    (The first graph is always GPU Temperature)
    tv-low is the acc low preset
    vr-low is the acc vr-low preset
    vr-mid is the acc vr-mid preset
    tv-custom is one preset im working on for myself
    iracing-vr is optimized for vr (performance) and just for comparison

On tv-low I'd say CPU is on high usage but GPU is still fine. Even with afterburner saying average FPS is 70+ ingame it was mostly on around 60 +/- 5 whenever I looked on the FPS.
    On tv-custom I have mixed settings (majority low, some mid, a few on high). Game looks better and feels even worse. Again, afterburner saying average FPS is 70+ ingame it was mostly on around 55 +/- 5 whenever I looked on the FPS.

Sometimes I feel like no matter what I do, nothing changes. I'd have expected tv-custom to be worse on all graphs. Imho this isn't the case. So I wonder, am I doing something wrong or is ACC simply not runnable on this PC? I usually try out a couple recommendations from forum/youtube and then go ahead change 1 thing, watch fps and do kind of my own. This time like I said, it seems to be very hard to get some more FPS out of any setting. E.g. resolution scale is 100%. Setting this to 80% won't give me any boost in FPS. For me, that's weird.

I always tried the settings in AI Quick Race Nürburgring Grand Prix.

If you need any more information, please let me know.
    i7-4790K + GTX 1060 (6GB) + Oculus Rift S

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Looking for a person who is hosting the Server: "A ! - ! AC - Intel i7-4790K" Jun 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Intel core i5-4690k vs intel core i7-4790k Feb 1, 2015

3. My guess:
    Make sure your CPU is not wasted on stuff like a broweser left open and other things not required while gaming.
    &
    GPU is not exactly strong enough

VR exclusives would be fine on a 1060 but when you step into a "VR supported" traditional PC games like ACC that demand the most of modern hardware, you need more under the hood to run them.

You may find a magic file tweak out there but how much enjoyment will you get from ACC if you tweak things to the point it looks like N64 game, right.

The 1060 is around 970-980 levels of performance.
    Thats alright for traditional 1080p at most in ACC at ULTRA with Mirrors OFF...
    a 980TI or 1070 would be good for 1080p-1440p...
    and a 1080TI or 2080 at most 4k.

Unfortunately that does not translate to VR performance at this moment... hopefully with time it will be 1:1

Look into threads like this (if this is allowed)
    https://amp.reddit.com/r/ACCompetiz...uuge_vr_performance_boost_workaround_for_acc/

Otherwise, put your VR aside and enjoy ACC on a traditional display with higher settings without the VR performance drawbacks

4. Yaerox

Yaerox Rookie

I'll try but there is still some things which have to be opened, at least Discord.
    Fair point.
    N64 made me smile becuase that's what I said to a friend when he asked how I like ACC so far ^^

And that's the point where I can't get things straight. I heared this by multiple people which told me, just go mid presets and all is fine. This isn't the case. I mean I'm even only talking about low/mid, you're even talking about ULTRA.

I played around with pixel density and stuff, but in the first step, my goal is to get a good experience on screen then working to see if I can get it running in vr. But the screen so far is challenging enough.

5. N64 is my favorite console. Wish all the games would get ported to modern systems.

Did the link help?
    I skimmed it and saw a lot of members happy with the results.

Latest patches have hit performance for many so that could be a factor.
    I jumped into 1.4 after waiting a few patches... appears to be an average of around 15fps lost after updates.

6. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

I had that CPU until recently and the game ran fine at 2560 x 1080 and 24 ai cars. Do you have a decent enough cooler to OC as the chip will go to 4.6 relatively easily which helps further?

No experience with vr but from what I've read your card may not have the grunt to run at high settings. I have a 2070 and would consider that card absolute minimum for decent settings.

7. Yaerox

Yaerox Rookie

Not to much unfortunately. Some other people tried to help so far. Since I can't even get the game running smooth on preset low I think it's even worse to think about higher settings ^^

Imho opinion Temps are fine:
    I will try to get it runnign on TV first before thinking about VR. If VR doesn't work it should be fine for the first.