1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Views System

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by silentino, Oct 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. silentino

silentino Rookie

Hi everyone...
    I know, it is not yet the final version of the game but I do not understand why it is not possible to have a simpler and more accessible visual system such as that of PC2 where with the right gamepad stick you can easily orient the internal and external views of the car to do a panoramic view of the vehicle's interior and exterior.

With the current system those who play with the gamepad are forced to use the LB / RB buttons to look left and right and LB + RB together to look back and this is not very comfortable while driving. In addition, the external left, right and back views have strange shot as well as being static, why they can not be dynamic to be rotated around like in PC2?

I hope that in the future versions or in the final version the visual system will be updated with a more user friendly one.

Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Dev's: Add Quad Views rendering to ACC for a free massive fps gain Sep 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Default camera views point all over the place....even under car...lol Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TrackIR5 does not work with Helmet & Front views! Mar 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Queston about moving from CD to digital xbox S (set driving views) Jan 11, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Default Camera Views FOV Nov 24, 2020
    ACC User Interface What are all the camera views Nov 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Steering and views Nov 6, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC camera views and FOV Feb 11, 2020
    ACC User Interface Camera cycle views Dec 2, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Views not working at all after 1.0.7 (1.0.7.1 no changes?) Aug 13, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren's screen doesn't load unless you cycle trough the different views Jun 8, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting No virtual mirror in exterior views Jun 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Discussing Driving Views Apr 8, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room RSS GT1 broadcasted Season video reviews Dec 30, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars External car camera bugged on 1st cam views cycle + left/right/behind view bugged in external cam Dec 23, 2018

3. Turk

Turk Alien

There's no reason to think it's impossible. It just hasn't been done yet. Early access means even basic stuff could be missing. I'd imagine that the easy stuff might be left until last because the focus at this stage is the core features.

Fremen_78 and sissydriver like this.
  4. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

IMO first its important to have a method which works for every one. This is a specific implementation just for 360 controller users. So maybe it comes later separately if the request for it is high enough :D

5. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I must have missed the part where this was declared to not be possible. Who said it was not possible? Source/link?

6. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

There's also the bumper camera missing , which is way more serious than not being able to look around with the sticks like you say.

I also don't understand absence of bumper camera, and here's hoping it is being implemented soon given this is a work in progress, but the fact it ain't already there along with the others truly is worrying.

7. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Im sure if you wanted to you can change the location of the camera in the game files somewhere ;) last time i checked look back camera on the outside wasnt properly implemented yet in 0.1 so dont worry yet

Fernandito likes this.
  8. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Hello and thanks for not the typical asshat reply to a moan. But you left me confused with the "last time I checked look back camera on the outside". Are you referring to the bumper camera (which is missing), or to "looking at your backside" (to see cars behind) while using the bonnet camera or any other one?

BEsnake likes this.
  9. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Im reffering to the camera for "looking at your backside" when your in the bumper or outside view camera. That one was unfinshed and was somewhere off to the front right instead of the middle of the car(or rear)

So there might be a possibility the bumper camera might still be added ( since the camera angles dont seem to be the main focus)

10. silentino

silentino Rookie

I said that because in the first AC was so, in this new ACC for now is the same, so I thought it was the final choice for the view system but actually I did not hear it anywhere that in the final version of AC will be so.
    Although I have not even heard the opposite.
    Anyway I hope like you guys.