1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 268

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Welcome to the Two Week Hotlap Challenge 268

This week’s AC double challenge is in the bonkers Toyota Supra Mk IV Time Attack – a Hot lap at Monza and/or a Toge(ish) style race around Black Cat County.
    And the double challenge for ACCers is Monza in the Ferrari Challenge Evo or Lamborghini ST.

Assetto Corsa

Car: Toyota Supra Mk IV Time Attack

Hot lap
    Track:
    Monza GP

4 Lap Quick Race
    Track:
    Black Cat County
    upload_2022-3-26_18-6-31.png
    This is what happens in the Supra when you apply the throttle.
    Just waaay too much power for the chassis.
    After the quality and sophistication from Maranello, this crazy-tuned, chuffing, twittering, Japanese monster sounds and feels plain unsafe! Turn up the boost to max and roast that rubber.

Quick Race Settings:
    Black Cat County has room for error and is where you can really stretch the legs of the Supra. In short, it’s a four lap, same class race against eleven opponents, with you starting last.
    Opponent Level and Aggression: Free choice
    Opponents: Same Class
    Number of Opp.: 11
    Start Position: Last
    Race Duration: 4 laps
    T.O.D./ Weather/ Temp. etc: Free choice
    Penalties: On

A good start should see you clear off the opposition by turn one. However, a good start is not at all easy!! See pic above.

Tyres:
    ……. Semislicks - 34 psi all round
    ……..Street – 40psi all round (hahaha, unlikely to get round…)

Fastest Laps
    - Monza:
    ……..RSR: 1:55.952 by GoodGame
    - Black Cat County:
    ……..RSR: 2:25.383

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 15 mins Hot stint

Track: Monza GP
    Car: 2020 Ferrari Challenge Evo (PC - new Ferrari Challenge DLC)
    Or
    Car: 2015 Lambo Huracan ST
    upload_2022-3-26_18-7-0.png
    Monza, the cathedral of speed! (named after Assen in Holland) I had already chosen Monza as the only track suitable/ straight enough for the Toyota, so it is pure coincidence that we will all be in Italy. Can the aero-aided, slick-shod GT3 cars beat the 700hp kit car Supra, on treaded (not for long) road tyres?

One thing is for sure, the ACCers will be enjoying a more relaxed drive.

Time of day: 16:00
    Time elapse: x1
    Weather type: Clear
    Dynamic Weather: off
    Precipitation: none
    Cloud: --
    Temp: --
    Grip level: Optimum
    Wetness: None
    Standing water: None
    ---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:
    To enter the AC challenge, set up the Hot lap or a Quick Race, The Toyota Supra Mk IV Time Attack at Monza for the Hot lap or Black Cat County for the Quick Race. (conditions for ACC) and Circuit as above.
    Please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    * Challenge type (AC or ACC)
    * Improvement (Only if you have already posted a time)
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leader board)
    * Your fastest lap time and the total race/ stint time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment.
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.
    To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, lap mode, weather and of course the car being used!
    You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 10th April 2022
    Chequered Flag will drop around 6pm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 270 Apr 16, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 269 Apr 9, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 267 Mar 19, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 266 Mar 12, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 265 Mar 5, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 264 Feb 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022

3. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC Hotlap
    Peggy11
    1:59.332
    PC

supra.png

I've been on a break from all things sim the last month or so, I wasn't getting the enjoyment I wanted from it. This was quite enjoyable though so hopefully the mini break has reignited me :D

4. bennorz

bennorz Gamer

This is giving me painful flashback to that moby dick monza special challenge - which I still haven't gotten gold on...
    The supra seems to be a bit less frustrating, so I'm looking forward to this weeks challenge.

I'll try to get <2min o_O

5. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

100% turbo, 0 rear wing and you’ll be <2min no problem

6. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    4 Lap Quick Race-Black Cat County Short
    Mustang 500
    Lap time: 2:56:616
    Race time: 11:57:233
    XB1
    663A1938-4E83-4771-B1B8-DB0083C5E81F.jpeg 5CD36C8E-34F5-457A-97B8-CD20C4562E6D.jpeg
    While I was able to make it past most of the field at the first straightway like you mentioned this car was capable of, I still had some good competition from the lotus stage 3. However, it only took about half of the first lap for me to use the supra’s straight line speed to clear him without losing much time.

7. bennorz

bennorz Gamer

Ha! That actually worked :D
    Thanks

AC Hotlap
    bennorz
    1:59.459
    PC

20220328130204_1.jpg

Happy with that I gave the Moby Dick another try and damn near burned the house down out of frustration after a couple of laps. It's just not supposed to be

8. I am really sorry @Mustang 500 , the track I meant us to run is Black Cat County, not the Short variant.
    I have corrected the main post.
    I think you'll find County a much better bit of road for the car... you'll still clear the opposition by T1, but will mostly then enjoy 4th and 5th gears, rather than 2nd and 3rd.
    It will take you less than 10 mins too. :D
    Apologies.

9. AC Hotlap
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-3-29_16-7-56.png
    Hmmm.
    Not under 2 mins.
    100% turbo and 0 downforce didn't work for me. Yet.
    I am rubbish at that 1st chicane and averaging about 8/10ths down on my ghost.

10. AC Race - Black Cat County 4 laps
    Totall Wrytoff
    Lap: 2.28.301
    Race: 10.08.175
    PS4
    upload_2022-3-29_16-21-17.png
    The tuned Quattro beat me into T1! (see main post pic)
    Once those rears are alight at the start, you can short shift into 6th and just sit there, smoking and not moving.:D

11. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Great choice for the Supra :)
    Really challenging!

I ran wing 2 and raised the front to increase top speed. Front ARB 3 and decreased front camber quite a bit so it sits around -2.

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:55:680

[​IMG]

Video will follow tomorrow.

12. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

13. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC Hot Lap
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox 1

Can't believe I missed last week Ferrari... too much lately and I have to save my marriage.... managed to have a few laps last monday and really loved that car. Don't think I will try to improve, next time I have a chance, I want to try that race. Maybe after seeing Goodgame's video I'll change my mind..

Attached Files:

14. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

ACC was on sale so I got it and 4 DLC packs!

15. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Awesome! It'll be great to have another person to race! If you're as fast as you are in AC then i think we'll all have a benchmark to beat!

16. You said this in WHC264 and it is now WHC268!!
    Quick blast at Spa aside... let's be 'avin' ya! :D

17. Great lap @GoodGame.eXistenZ , smooth and some crafty short-shifting.

Inspiring.
    I think I'm going to adjust my FOV to get a better view through Variante, the 1st chicane.
    ATM I can only see ahead and have to guess the amount of lock.

Let's see right now. I'm coming for you ET! :)

18. Improvement!
    AC Hotlap
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-4-1_20-23-25.png
    This took ages, some swearing and many, many goes.
    Coulda had a 1.58!
    Reverted to the default set up and GoodGame's suggestions, but aero at 1 'cos I wanted to go faster. :D

19. Improvement
    AC Race - Black Cat County 4 laps
    Totall Wrytoff
    Lap: 2.27.341
    Race: 10.01.542
    PS4
    upload_2022-4-1_23-40-39.png
    On a roll. Posting wise.
    I had several goes at sub 10 mins.
    Getting worse as the evening wears on. :rolleyes:

20. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:50.480
    2020 Ferrari Challenge
    PC

Theres definitely more time in it. This car has almost 700hp so its a beast compared to any GT3 car. The rear tires are begging for mercy by the third lap.

20220402_143848.jpg

21. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

SlowGrayAudi
    1:50.007
    2020 Ferrari Challenge
    PC

Tweaks. Car is still so understeery. Wont really trail brake.

20220402_150634.jpg