1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What a joke

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Span801, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Span801

Span801 Rookie

Why have you guys not done the one thing that everybody wants and let us host are own lobby with the cars and track that we want to play. It's shocking me and my friends have spent the last six months looking forward to racing together on your game we all buy it put it and we can't do the one thing we want. With in 30 minutes we were back on project cars. You guys need to sort this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Assetto Corsa Joker Checker Dec 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOXXS version is still a joke after so long time ? Oct 30, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Rating system is a JOKE Oct 9, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP Races are becoming a joke Mar 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Rolling start needs fixing please, it's a joke! Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Gain in New Update 0.7.2 Gain only 100%?? Is this a joke? Apr 13, 2019
    Chit Chat Room This is obviously the BEST steering wheel in the world (joke) Mar 2, 2018
    XBox One Discussions THE SERVERS ARE A JOKE.... LAGING IN 2016:( Sep 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Fps issues, beyond a joke. Oct 25, 2015
    Liveries Joker "Why so serious?" McLaren MP4-12C Skin Feb 6, 2014

3. gregack

gregack Racer

I guess it will happen sooner or later.

4. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

I always thought PC simracing community is demanding and sometimes harsh, but these console threads are unbelievably rude and childish. For example this thread, I was sure opener of this thread was something like age of 16.
    But no, it's 43:eek:. You might think at that age you have ability to express things just a little bit constructively and more polite way. And I'm not talking only this thread. It feels that most of console threads are similar to this.

pippo10, ChrisR, dermonty and 15 others like this.
  5. gregack

gregack Racer

Why exactly is OP childish? He as a valid point imo.

6. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

He has a point yes, but it's how he express and verbalize it.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    dermonty, nate, fbiehne and 8 others like this.
  7. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

New guys here have to understand that best way to get attention to their cause is to ask nicely;):D

Those who know Stefano's way to react and passionate toward this game will understan:D. He is like NATHAN R. JESSUP:p

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah don't bring that tone.. it's familiar from other game forums, it's not how things work in here. People who can't speak like adults get lifetime bans very very quickly. At least on PC side.

Your complaint is legit, there should be private lobbies because leagues can't happen without that, and it's heavily MP focused game. But the tone wasn't right.

9. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Are you people serious?
    What's wrong with his tone?
    And to think Project Cars forums were bad with their zealots. Seems we are in for round 2. Geez.

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Disrespectful. The devs are Italian with the Italian temper. They listen to community feedback A LOT and have added long list of features and cars requested by community. You can present feedback and bug reports as much as you like. Do it in polite way and they will very likely add that feature. Do it in impolite way, and you're likely either a) not listened b) banned.

Use proper informative topic names..."What a joke" is not a topic name. "We need private lobbies ASAP" is a topic name.

11. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

I've just re-read the post, he hasn't edited it either, and I still fail to see where is that disrespect you talk about.
    I've said before and I'll say it again: a good developer has a thick skin. Trust me, I know.
    Now, on the PC world things happened in a certain way.
    However this is now about the console release. For a game that has been in development for two years, it is expected a certain level of polish that wasn't achieved with this release.
    Sure, i too believe future patches will improve it, but while PC users might be happy to pay for something broken that will be eventually fixed, most console users are not like that and expect things to work. This in turn brings frustration, which is what you at now seeing throughout the console forums.

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah can admit it's disappointing to see there is no private lobbies or leaderboards on console yet.

It's very small team of around 30 people, and PC version is constantly under development too and will be long until 2017, with completely new features added. Custom championships were supposed to come for version 1.8 on PC, also all GT3 cars updated to Tyre Model 10. But they didn't make it yet, so probably has been very hectic. Seems they ran out of time, but private lobbies will surely come later.

13. saeidj

saeidj Gamer

If the game was being sold for 20$ I don't think anyone would have minded to wait for patches and improvements, but when you are charging 49$ almost the full price of any console game you expect a decent outcome from the game and not anything else.

MLM_SPARCO likes this.
  14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

http://gamerant.com/broken-games-launch-batman-halo-diablo-155/

These are mostly full priced AAA titles by biggest studios and publishers, with massive multi-million dollar budgets. Welcome to gaming industry of 2016, things get released somewhat finished, and patched later. Compared to some of those, Assetto Corsa console version is working flawlessly.

For example a little indie game called GTA5.. multiplayer was a disaster at launch & took them a month to fix it: http://gamerant.com/grand-theft-auto-online-launch-connection-problems-errors-support-faq/

16. mannitom77

mannitom77 Racer

Do you really think that destructive criticism is better way to change things or to get heard around here than constructive criticism?:eek:

UntrainedN00B01 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

I find the thread title a bit disrespectful to be honest, not to mention childish.

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

That is not logic, comparing indiegame pricings with one of recent pc sims most popular titles. And KS are surely working their butts off to improve the game that their publisher demanded for release, even though KS never released anything on consoles before. Business is business, but looking back at pc-history, I think KS will deliver on the consoles as well.

saeidj likes this.
  19. monkiusz

monkiusz Gamer

@ShredatorFIN
    So what? Nobody can complain because they are small team and games are big today and the rest of that nonsense? I don't care how big their team is. If it's too small they should probably hire someone or don't release unfinished product. Nobody cares. And it's normal to request fixes whatever company (big or small) it is. I paid them my flawless money so I expect flawless product. End of story.

Show me so many bugs in any Nintendo title for example like it is "normal" to have right now in any Ubisoft title.

And you know what? I'm a game developer myself. But also - I'm a gamer and customer, first.

20. Tberg

Tberg Alien

We´re all customers. What are you? I mean really, what are you doing here?

LotusTeam and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  21. gregack

gregack Racer

The thread-title itself is kind of childish, I agree but the post isn't at all.
    I really really don't get it why the PC-fraction reacts so butthurt if someone critizises AC.
    Try to help and don't get so angry guys!

I agree. For the consumer it's not important how big or small a company is. But please consider that's the first attempt EVER to release a Sim on consoles. Yes, Kunos made mistakes it seems, but I can assure you those guys are very passionate and hard workers. They will do anything that's possible to make AC as good as it is on PC.
    Try to be patient, that's my advice. Kunos will work it out, they never disappointed in the past.