1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 What happened with public online servers??

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Donnced2, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Horus

Horus Alien

If there is not a thread already open, open one and start a poll. Get together and ask for certain tracks/cars. Kunos will help where they can, but you need to get together to help them see what you all want. PULL TOGETHER! Good luck.

2. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

lol it's 2016 consoles are permanently online and have been for a few years now, you should be able to choose any car/track combo for online racing without having a petition and begging Kunos.

MBK72 likes this.
  3. Horus

Horus Alien

Don't bother then, stick with what you are offered and don't ask in a kind and friendly manner. Your loss.

4. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Guys, please refrain from getting argumentative towards one another! If you are experiencing any technical issues with Assetto Corsa, please feel free to reach out to our support team! They'll be able to help! You can get in contact here - https://support.505games.com/support/signup

SlimCharles and Horus like this.
  5. I hope it's bec ause they're finally adding DLC to the lobbies

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have seen one post from a dev in the console section and that was when he locked a thread. Console users cant see other places on the forum where the devs every now and then have been typing.

MBK72 and TheGT500 like this.
  7. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Yes, I've noticed this too.
    It seems like us console users are in a lose/lose situation. We're being ignored by the devs on one hand, and attacked by the PC guys on the other.
    I've always been a console gamer, I've not had the time/money/patience to get into PC gaming and as such have gotten used to the 'plug and play' way things just work when you purchase a game, whether it be physical disc or digital download and not had to worry about installing third party apps or mods to make a game what it is.
    I find most of the 'helpful advice' of the PC guys to be quite patronising. The console version is totally different from what the PC version has become with the aid of the mods, apps etc so I would hope there was more information from the development team to deal specifically with us console users directly, rather than being talked down to by people who haven't experienced the console version !
    Kunos has delivered us a console sim in its most basic sense based on what a PC user expects, but unfortunately it is not a console game. Whilst the actual physics and feel of the cars is without question the best to date, the playability and longevity leaves a lot to be desired. Online multiplayer is none existent, leaderboards need a pencil and paper and button mapping is strictly back in 80's era !
    Remember the fanfare and hype surrounding the announcements that AC was finally here on consoles. The forums were buzzing with devs and staff members giving thanks to anyone who praised the game ! Fast forward to now, and where are they ? It's gone deathly quiet, the only time we see a staffer reply is to break up an argument and lock the thread !
    It really does leave a sour taste in the mouth to have supported Kunos with pre ordering the game, purchasing the Prestige pack and season pass only to be treated with what I feel is destain ! How can this be a support forum if the devs won't give us any information other than 'were looking into various options' to any queries huh ?

8. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Well said. I totally agree.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

Cough, ONE POST! https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-the-playstation-store-now-europe-only.38476/

P.S. They might not reply to every thread and post, but I am sure they are doing far more important work. Like trying to get the console up to parity with the PC version. Do any of you live in reality, how many games are released and have faults and issues from the get go. At least with Kunos you know they will fix them. Give them time and stop the temper tantrums, it only creates more problems and upset. Come on, give them feedback and wait. You will be happy with AC soon enough.

10. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Yeah, I kind of see what you mean by patronising, TheGT500.

I wish I could share your confidence, Horus.

OctoberDusk06 and TheGT500 like this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

You don't even own the game, it's not in your steam account. Du'h!

edit: Ah! You could have it on Console, apologies. We on the PC side have gone through ups and downs and know Kunos come right in the end. Again apologies for the remarks about you not owning it on PC.

12. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Well done Horus, you've proved us all wrong by finding one of the very few threads in the console area that has more than one reply from a staffer in it. You really went all out to prove just how condescending you are with your other comments, proving my point about the PC bias and their [your] fanboy-ism.
    You're their #1 fan, I get it. But C'mon, how can you begin to understand the frustration we console only users are feeling when you haven't tried the console version ! We can't access the PC areas of the forum, therefore have no first hand experience of the progression the game has taken, yet you come down here, to the basement area of the forums to praise just how good it is ? Anyone would think you're just trolling us !

13. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Maybe practice what you preach, Horus? Calling someone a "spoilt little girl with her knickers in a twist" isn't really productive, is it. Far from it.

TitzonToast, MBK72 and the-D- like this.
  14. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I'd be surprised if he gets to read any posts at all with all of us on his ignore list.
    No wonder he can see Dev posts everywhere!

TheGT500, MBK72 and the-D- like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I think horus is a dev or something to do with kudos, why does he keep on posting in console lounge when he has the full working version on pc. if someone posts something positive he's all over it with praise, if someone posts something negative about the game and believe me apart from the physics engine and feel on wheel the rest of he game is well below what you would expect, he attacks them, then he's mates come along and lock threads and tell everyone to behave. give it a week and negative threads have vanished from front page.

TheGT500, MBK72 and the-D- like this.
  16. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Horus is a troll and not a very good one who should IMO be banned from the console section. The only thing the tedious nuisance brings is everyone else's IQ down a point or two with every post he makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MBK72 and the-D- like this.
  17. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

shame there wont get him out the console list as he is part of the Devs anyways

MBK72 likes this.
  18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Do you really think I or anyone else is worried about being on your ignore list? You are also on mine, the difference is you keep coming back to find me an make comments. As you can see in this thread far more people are fed up with your constant uniformed commenting on the console version of this game. Why you are so defensive and upset by evidence based criticism is a much better question - you protest too much...

You are connected to this game in a much bigger way than you let on, your anger toward me and others with a different opinion betrays you.

JMR1985 likes this.
  19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Well said GT. I did the initial comparison of the PC '80% AI' setting vs the console 'Easy' setting and have received nothing but abuse since despite being proven 100% right (this included a week long argument where a pc player told me I had no idea what I was talking about when in reality he had modded the files on his pc!!!). They are fanboys...or maybe a little more...and we've dared to question their beloved game. Best of all the people you refer to don't even play on the console version. You really have to question their motives for getting involved in the discussions.

No doubt this thread will soon suffer the fate of the others. They want a love in but dropped the ball and now apparently we are to blame for voicing an opinion on a 'support forum' which would better be called a fan site.

20. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Guys, PLEASE try and remain friendly with one another. With regards to private lobbies, as soon as we have some information to share, we will let you know, be rest assured!