1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What hardware do i realy need?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by FALK, Jul 26, 2015.

1. FALK

FALK Gamer

Hello Drivers,

until now I use A.C. in the lowest graphic settings but I wanna buy some new hardware, a new PC. The idea I could go for a 24 GT3-car race at Nordschleife sounds really good to me.
    My primary question is about the graphic card. Kunos approves the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. But do I realy need one like this?
    I'm interessted in your opinion. Is the 970 neccessary or could you approve some options?
    If I save some money, maybe I could buy a new steering wheel..

I wish a good Raceday evening

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions New hardware; low FPS..? Sep 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Considering better and better hardware, is more AI possible? Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE Crash after last update [OC/hardware memory timing] Jul 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Issue with "Hardware Lock" Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Hardware Spec Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 FFB Disappearing [Hardware Issue] Feb 9, 2020

3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

With a GTX770 the game plays fine without post-processing effects, even with a full grid.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. SuperBobKing

SuperBobKing Racer

I'm using a 760 (with what at the time of purchase was the highest factory overclock, pretty sure it still is) with three 1920x1080p monitors with pretty high settings and getting about 45fps in single player with no AI. You should be fine with something less powerful than a 970.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

+1 for the GTX 770, I'm running triple Full HD with a 4GB card. If you're intersted I got a 2GB Gainward Phantom 770 for sale. Works flawlessly, warranty until mid next year, Germany. PM me if u r interested. Going on
    eBay this week.

6. FALK

FALK Gamer

Tanks guys! This is helpful.

@LeDude83 Tanks for your offer, maybe I will PM you. First I have to balance the entire system.
    Greetings from Germany.

7. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

If you are in the EU, EVGA has a promotion on GTX 960 currently, 20€ rebate. Picked the 2GB one for £140 after rebate.

With a grid of mod cars you might want a GPU with 4Gb VRAM.

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah VRAM is pretty important, go rather for 4GB than 2GB. I have a SLI 770, but 2 GB VRAM really is a problem. When I got them I didn't realize it's a big deal, obviously 2GB was cheaper.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Since I offered OP to buy my GTX770 2GB I wish to comment on that: it's correct. The reason I went for a 4GB 770 is because when the VRAM is occupied by ~70 % Microstutter occurs even though you're still at stable 60 FPS. I never noticed that too much on one screen but it becomes more obvious on three.
    the ALOOG Spa server with only GT2 cars is only using ~1.4 GB with my graphics settings. If you join a 32 car Nordschleife track day though you're looking at ~3GB of VRAM. This is caused by the game and the models, not the three screen. The difference one vs. three is just some 150 MB.
    So yeah, I would also recommend 4GB of RAM. The 4 GB 770s go for around 200 € on eBay, many with some warranty left. Please consider that the 970s have 3.5 + 0.5 GB of VRAM. The +0.5 are connected via a crippled bus and can be considered absent ;-)

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

+1 for 4GB of VRAM.

I got a new 760 4GB for £220 a few months ago from Amazon. Look out for their deals.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Have to ask... what if would sell my complete SLI setup, and get one high performance GPU (GTX 970 or 980 for example) with 4 GB VRAM instead? Would my triple screen performance suffer or improve? I don't need to have more than 60 fps, as my center screen is IPS.

Currently I have problems with multiple car models combined with lot of cars.

How about AMD cards, do they perform well with AC? Was thinking, maybe getting a high powered single GPU, and after 2+ years upgrade to SLI. Crossfire offers more freedom on how to combine different GPUs, as they don't need to be identical model.

12. Mogonaut

Mogonaut Racer

I'm curious to know if anyone is using a 120hz screen?
    If so what GPU have you got and what settings?

13. jasjeet

jasjeet Racer

I really hope that's a typo.

14. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Smoke low, reflection quality low, reflections very low, all other ingame settings maxed out with postprocessing on and sweetFX => stable 62.5FPS (when it dips then only down to 58/59) in multiplayer with mixed full grids

no further overclocking of my custom 980 GTX

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I say a few months ago, I've just checked and it was the 5th of July 2014 (time flies when you're having fun eh), so yeah it was a not bad deal at the time.

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

With the graphic objects flying rapidly across a triple screen setup, microstutter is a major problem. For me it was THE major problem. Unless you desire high shadow/reflection settings or PP, even a 4GB 960 should give you steady 60.

17. I have a 2GB GTX 770, and I have never had a problem in AC.

Jebus likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol...I was waiting for you to drop by and post something like that ;-) You must have the magic rig with a G27 performing like a DD wheel and a 770 GPU performing like a SLI 980 setup :p

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

I've got 3 144hz screens on mine, driven by a 980, 91fps locked

snyperal likes this.
  20. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I'm using an xfx r9 290 on a 144hz screen with everything on ultra it sits about 40-50 fps, I've only played around with it a bit, I'm not sure if there is a bottleneck because my cpu is a little dated? It may even be my bargain basement ram but I expected better, it may even be running 2 other screens with telemetry and teamspeak that slows it down.

I dialled it back to everything on high and the fps hits a constant 60. I've only had my screen a week and I've not had much time to experiment with it.

21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If youre out for higher frames it helps a lot of overclock the CPU and also lower your settings. ;)