1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is more important to you in Assetto Corsa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bigbawmcgraw, Jan 15, 2014.

?

What is more important to you in Assetto Corsa?

1. Artificial inteligence

71 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. Multi Player

137 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Hot Lapping (against ghost)

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Modding

30 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. Other

20 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

If you could only choose one, which would it be?

Cote Dazur likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions first pc what's important Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Removing not important things in graphical option Aug 20, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting IMPORTANT: editing engine settings and unwanted results Dec 10, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting important news about the lights bug Aug 21, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [important to read!] requirements for a league thread Jun 13, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [important to read!] rules - read before posting Jun 13, 2019
    ACC General Discussions IMPORTANT NOTE TO MP CRASHES in 1.0.0 May 31, 2019
    ACC Audio BMW M6 engine sound not working [IMPORTANT] May 19, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Two important details for gameplay immeasure May 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Important League Admin Questions Apr 9, 2019
    ACC Physics collisions important Mar 24, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards safety rating important weakness Dec 22, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Is setup so important? Sep 9, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Physics are very important. Apr 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Important question about Wheel and Keyboard together on the desk Jun 7, 2017

3. Patrik

Patrik Gamer

Ai, because if i want to race against humans i go to iracing

Patrik Marek likes this.
  4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

AI, because I am a noob and MP scares me! :confused: Seriously

AI would be great for me, for now, as it would give me a chance to learn some basic racing skills. Plus, I am a family man and do not have hours to spend locked away in my office racing for real. It would be great to be able to fire up AC and have a 20min race against AI who wouldn't get pissed off with me if I had to quit the game after 10 laps because dinner was ready :p

I'm not saying AI is better than MP - just more use to me at the moment.

killiun, Mike1304 and ThereIs0nly0ne like this.
  5. multiplayer.

cooknn and Rui Santos like this.
  6. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

Slightly tricky to answer, that. What makes it difficult is the choice between AI and multiplayer (couldn't give a flying fish about the other two) because despite being here primarily for the multiplayer, I would love to see AI that's actually interesting to race against. Consequently, the quality of the implementation ultimately influences the result.

If MP ends up sticking totally to the old (and, IMHO, proven to not work for the majority) model of "here's the server .exe, now get on with it" then it'll end up as a disappointment thanks that model's inherent barriers to entry for new drivers. If that were balanced up with an AI that was great fun to race against, I'd end up quite happy. Similarly, if the AI was bobbins but Kunos came up with a multiplayer system that worked for both those who want to disappear off into a league with their mates and for those who're just dipping their toes into online sim racing, I'd be very happy indeed.

I suppose my real answer would be that I'd like Kunos to be thinking about long term revenue rather than just initial purchase revenue. Don't rush it, think about it, get it good, don't cut the sort of architectural corners that'll make future development tricky, keep working to make it better, keep as many interested for as long as possible, then use the DLC proceeds to buy themselves Ferraris. After all, judging by these forums, there's huge appetite out there for, say, a series of supercar packs, some series-matched packs (e.g. modern era GT3, Aussie V8s, historic touring cars, etc), and the hopefully inevitable constant supply of laser scanned tracks, hill climbs, straight up road routes etc.

Nahkamarakatti and mistery like this.
  7. kingcars

kingcars Rookie

I love iRacing's multiplayer but would certainly like an alternative for a change of pace. I'm hoping their net code and racing quality is able to compete.

Kristaps and Patrik Marek like this.
  8. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Other: Dynamic Road

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I agree, which is why I asked before either are released.
    Everyone has their own expectations and it will be interesting to see the results with another poll after v1.0.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. NaCH

NaCH Rookie

Other: immersion / Simulation.

11. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

With fair and fast (real) drivers to drive brings together the most fun to me. :cool:

The AI is usually too predictable, but we'll see ;)

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. RobJames

RobJames Racer

For me it's all about Multiplayer. MP is what can make a game last years, give fun and excitement to my friends and I over a long period of time.

If i was allowed to pick a second it would be Modding, as this goes hand in hand with Multiplayer to extend the life, reach out to more people etc.

Rui Santos likes this.
  13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Lol, you must be kidding right?

Shaddix, Kristaps and Boris Lozac like this.
  14. Rui Santos

If it's a "SIM" it's all about MP, that's what keeps a simracing game like this alive, personally i won't play it anymore until MP is out...

15. For myself, as a complete noob who hasn't done much MP racing yet, my ultimate end vote is the MP aspect. But for now, I'd like to see AI first, so I can get some practice in with cars in my way before facing off against other real world drivers. So I guess I vote for both equally. ;-)

16. Patrik

Patrik Gamer

Actually im not, because if you are not going to join a league iracing is the only place with reasonable good mp racing

Tucker73 likes this.
  17. Rui Santos

Keep in mind that racing with other people is a complete different experience than racing against AI. All you need to do to race online with humans is to learn the principles of racing and practice alone, learning tracks, AI gives you almost nothing but some good fun moments...

18. Rui Santos

Why, you saw that on youtube?

19. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I answered MP, but that's not the whole story. It's sort of the end goal to me and I really look forward to it, but there is a timing associated with it. I have never played MP before, and frankly, the idea scares me to death at the moment. Accidentally crashing into AI is not so terrible when I am all by myself and nobody else gets hurt/loses time other than a couple of bits and pixels that don't care, etc. So, currently happy hotlapping, will be happy with AI for a number of weeks/months, all so that by the time MP comes out, I am much better prepared, not a danger to others on track, and hopefully somewhat competitive in the middle/bottom of the pack.

Very interested in hearing more about how to run a server, though. I'd be interested to host a "serious rookie" one, where accidents are tolerated as long as you are trying hard but still learning.

BigMcLargeHuge and Fat-Alfie like this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Had to check "other" as there's no option for driving feel and physics.

21. plaid

plaid Alien

I dont know what to pick.
    Generally I need good tracks, otherwise the AI or MP dont make it too worthy to spent my time with it.
    Nordschleife and some openroad and streetrallye tracks that dont appear in more then one game/reality are good examples. I would often choose a new track for hotlap/pointopoint if the track is good, over a race.
    JP was hell of a fun. Need more of it.

In depth:

First I love great cars, so roadcars often get a place in my heart, besides most (of my favorite) cars dont have a race-version and in AC some are just so easy to drive, it isnt funny anymore.

Next and regarding games: Great physics. I generally like more demanding games and realism often leads to it.

What to do with those?
    Great tracks! Most circuits that are transfered in sims are very boring for me and sadly games with great fantasy tracks or open worlds are very arcady.
    Still, It will get interesting if there are race-cars, but the real kick comes from the right track.
    Circuitwise its the Nordschleife, cause its long enough to not feel repititive great layout, fast and slower parts much different kinds of curves and many elevationchanges. Spa is ok, but I dont know much else what is great for its own sake.
    Still there are many exisiting and fantasy tracks: from street rallyes, over hillclimbs or open roads.
    They are mostly more demanding and fast, so in reality pretty dangerous, but thats no contra-point in games and have often a nice scenery so I dont drive to a generic wasteland (AC too, feels gamy if I look outside the track).

But even on not that great tracks (so: mostly all) I sometimes like to race. It just isnt that great, that I chose it over many other things i spent my freetime with.
    The appeal of racing on circuits, by putting much effort into it, without much action and overall joy, just limits the ration between the investment and outcome. At least for doing it several hours a week for years.
    Anyway with aging, lifes appears shorter and shorter and I find more things I want to do, as long as Im "free", so dont have family. ;)