1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is more important to you in Assetto Corsa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bigbawmcgraw, Jan 15, 2014.

?

What is more important to you in Assetto Corsa?

1. Artificial inteligence

71 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. Multi Player

137 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. Hot Lapping (against ghost)

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Modding

30 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. Other

20 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

That's a bit of an unfair comment to make, especially for guys like these.....
    They at least have enough respect to not want to spoil other peoples races, unlike far too many others out there.

2. Coolio

Coolio Gamer

Yes, there is a difference between a "simracing" fan and a "simulator" fan in that regard. But my thoughts on the matter is that, arguably for the first time, we have a game that's capable of hitting bulls-eye for both camps.
    On one side, we have the physics foundation and the right kind of "feel" to car handling, capable of entertaining the "simulator" fans that just want to drive realistic cars in whatever way they see fit. On the other, we have a strong enough realistic foundation and focus on the details to persuade the "simracers" and modders that this is where the future is at.

Keeping the first group satisfied is simple enough; good enough AI and interesting enough content within career-mode as well as regular updates (new tracks, challenges etc) will keep them going. The second group needs the foundation to be strong enough so it won't crumble under the weight of the community, namely server-strength, modding capabilities, levels of customization etc. It'll be interesting to see if Kunos will succeed in those areas, only time will tell.

When it comes to the "arcade" guys you dislike, they will quickly disappear when Project Cars shines its beautiful sun-rays up their arses :D

3. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

Look, as long as AC doesn't become LFS, I don't care what Kunos focuses on. If the mod support is sufficient, that won't be a problem. Multiplayer will be at least as good as on NKP.

The wish: Content synchronization -- Ideally the user only has to click "Yes" when joining a new server to get all of the required content. Users should not have to worry about version control etc.

That's it. Keep hitting release targets, stay in touch with us, and everything will work out beautifully.

xtremepsionic, Rui Santos and NaCH like this.
  4. NaCH

NaCH Rookie

Actually IMHO If you are a truly simracing fan I would tell you that the most important thing for you should be simulation and immersion. That's what a Sim departs from arcade.

Following your line of thought, Project Cars should be the perfect simulator for you. Even from what I experienced is a fully Arcade game.
    I'm not going to say that MP is not important, but that in third place after the other 2.

Nahkamarakatti and Shaddix like this.
  5. NaCH

NaCH Rookie

Agreed! to LFS to me was perfect in MP / synchro. (Sending skins / setups ). . What killed it what the lack of support, tire updates and in the end we all want to race in places that are real and with real cars.

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Lol...

Of course there are other factors important in a simracing experience, immersion is one of them, but if we're here discussing AI or MP definitely a good MP engine is the key to a successful SIM...

Madsen likes this.
  7. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I think both is important. I would use AI more often, when I got not enough time to play long races or maybe need to make a short brake while driving. My personal experience on gtr2 was, you need a lot of free time to completely complete the races and so on on the mp.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 2

8. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

so little polls, although almost 16000 members :confused:

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

We will see how things change when AI is released tomorrow ;)

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Yeah you're right, people get excited momently with every piece of s*** you throw at them... if tomorrow they'll release new trees the trees is the most important thing in a SIM, lool...

11. Almost all are a must on a modern sim but good real physics are on top of my list when choosing a sim.

12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Modding is most important for me. There are lots of games I can buy if I want to trust in the developer to get everything right. But an easily-moddable game means the fans can set things up the way they want it. If I don't like the tires used on a car in Forza or iRacing, what can I do? Not a lot, except choose not to drive it until they release a patch. Or, if licenses prevent the company putting Porsches in the game? Again, modding can get the whole GT3 field into the game.

I would like AC to have a good multiplayer experience, it's a close second place. But modding is definitely the feature that drew me to buy the game.

If you look at rF and rF2 communities, both are strong years later and still getting new good content. That's the sort of thing that appeals to me.

And just look at all the apps being created for AC. That sort of flexibility makes it a great platform for the future.

Anuj, Nahkamarakatti and Rui Santos like this.
  13. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

Definitely multiplayer. Practise - hot lapping is very usefull section for preparation to race with the proper setup . I believe AC will have a huge success once started the multiplayer.

Rui Santos and Nuk3m like this.
  14. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Multiplayer, then modding, other stuff and then AI. :)

15. at the moment ... the 0.5 update .... later, the same class of car that can compete, and a good tool for modding ... the community will do the rest .... of course a good code for the multy and a good IA.
    for the circuits I would say that they are already doing an excellent job.

16. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

Handling and modding are the 2 things that make this title special. There are other titles that do the rest very well but AC wins for me because it feels great and the content that's being created is being done by passionate people not accountants.

Rui Santos likes this.
  17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

AI i suppose. then modding,

i just want a good race experience with a full custom season mode like simbins past games.,,, this game could have one car and one track but if the AI are unpredictable (in a good way) and are a challenge, ill take that over anything else

18. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

same to mee ;-) and...
    - real lights
    - day/night
    - weather, changeable by parameter (timeline/wetness/temperature)
    - driver change (online) for team race/24h race
    - extra weights
    - working wipers
    - Tyre Management*

* = (it would be very nice, to decide in the pitbox to keep the used tyres for some setup testing reason. For example: you`re driving a long stint, testing tyre temps, change the tyre pressure after e.g. 10 laps and keep than the used tyres for further testing with the changed pressure)

Anuj and rzr1 like this.
  19. Multiplayer asap^^

Rui Santos likes this.
  20. But you can see clearly which is the loudest group.. It is another thing what is the opinion of big silent crowd.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014