1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Contact occures at 0:11 (trackside camera), 0:58 (onboard view), 1:42 (top view).
    You can clearly see his car "wobbling" when you hit him.

That is the initial contact, that you caused, by driving into him.
    It is clearly visible in the 3 seconds before the contact.

2. The first time he starts to open the wheel is at 0:54 and there are 4 seconds in which he turns in and out.
    Even if we ignore the fact he caused that initial contact, that contact has no impact on his line.

3. and that release at 0:54 had a huge impact on his line instead. If you watch at 0:54, you should see clearly how it was not me turning into him, but it's him instead trying to steel some space when I am already ahead...

4. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

That is a very small movement, he corrects his line, as he either does not want to hit the inside curb, or feels, the car starts to slide a bit.
    And this is exactly what you have to caltulate into it.

Would be nice to see the onboard from the McLaren too.

5. This is getting a bit ridiculous now, so do you still think I am the one who turned in or you admit he enlarged his line before the first contact. This is becoming denying the evidence.
    I am asking cause you guys told me I do not accept your opinions, but you seem to not have even watched the video...
    He would not hit the kerb let's be serious.

Winston and chksix like this.
  6. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

YOU are denying the evidence:
    You did not leave enough room for the slightest mistake from him.

I still see you as being fault for the initial contact. (Not respecting the other driver.)

NOW: Show us your Onboard!

devil in me likes this.
  7. Ok I will make another video...Now plaese go to watch the first video again considering the second 0:53 corresponds to the second 1:39.
    In 1:40 you will see how lerger his line is after he turned out...and by watching at 1:39 you will be able to judge if he was going to touch the kerb or not.

Furthermore I want to point out that you are saying that I did not calculate he could have done a mistake. Can you tell me exactly which mistake you think he did?
    Becuase in my opinion, if he made a mistake and went wider, automatically it cannot be possible that it's me turning into him...It's one or another. I sense some personal resentement in your posts.

So you gotta chose which one: you blame me for not considering his possible mistakes, or you blame me for turning in. Both things did not happen, so, in other words, you gotta chose which set of your posts to discard as garbage.

8. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

There is none.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. WTF :confused:
    You've had asked for opinions and you got them.
    You can't expect everyone will agree to your own opinion about the incident.
    I don't agree as well.
    But I stopped replying because you're not open for different views.
    To blame the other guy was your objective only.

devil in me and NemethR like this.
  10. That's not true man. Opinions are opinions, facts are facts. And facts should support opinions, not viceversa.
    If you say I turned into him, I did it or I didn't do it.

First he came with a picture at corner entry saying I turned into him: post #2106; but no contact happened there.
    Then told me he had no room: post #2134. False!
    Then he posted my video again saying the first contact at 0:58 was my responsability and said "you turned into him" once again: post #2161.
    After I showed he was wrong all the time in posts #2162 and #2163, he changes the topic going for "you shuold have taken his mistakes into account".

If you are talking about opinions, they always have to be supported by facts to be accepted, and when the same guy then supports another incoherent opinion, then how can you accept it?
    Also how can you accept an opinion based on wrong or irrelevant facts? Unless we were all fairies flying in a wonderful world.

however here's my on board:

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    chksix likes this.
  11. So what exactly is your point to come up here? Beside blaming the other guy?

Your build your opinion about it, no other view is valid.
    You're like a smaller version of Gronko :confused:

12. I was not sure if I had done something to upset him so much to ram me. I was looking for someone to tell me if I made any mistake.
    Im asking cause i think i didn't, but for sure I know I did not turn into him.

Gonko was a totally different thing...

13. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

You could (or should) just disregard their opinions if you think they are that far off the mark.

devil in me and After_Midnight like this.
  14. We were just arguing.

15. This is my last reply to you in this case. And please don't take it as personal resentment against you.
    After watching your second video I got even more the opinion you're partly at fault for the initial contact.

[​IMG]

Have a look at your steering angle and where your car is pointing. The other guy is still on the inside.
    You basicially overshoot the corner. After this moment you tried to turn your car more and more left towards the inside curb. At all cost.
    And the other guy is still on the inside.

So I still blame you more for the initial contact. And just for this. It was a yery risky move by you. Especially in the way you did it. Just impatiently.
    Also the massive gain to the Ferrari (front damage btw) before the corner should have made you way more careful.

devil in me and Christopher Low like this.
  16. bbman

bbman Racer

https://xkcd.com/386/

Two pages of diametrically opposed views going back and forth - aren't you tired already?

17. Alright thank you for your time guys

LATE4APEX and After_Midnight like this.
  18. You're welcome :)

19. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Thank you for posting your onboard too.

However, for me it just confirms what I said...

In the first 2 pictures we can see your onboard, before the contact.
    In both screenshots, you cannot see the inside curb through the front windschield
    1.JPG

2.JPG

Now here is the Ferrari , see how he hugs the inside curb:
    4.JPG

Now here is the moment of the contact (I tried my best, I used as reference the advertisement boards):
    First the Ferrari, still hugging the inside curb:

5.JPG

And then the McLaren with clear vision on the inside curbs.
    You can only see the inside curb, if you turned in even more on the corner:
    3.JPG

For me it is still you (McLaren) who turned in on the Ferrari. - Thus you caused the crash.
    I simply cannot see this any other way, from any angle.

------------------

Anyway, it does not matter anymore.

20. And I still disagree and I would also argument, but I don't want to upset anyone, so it's ok like this. Thank you for replying