1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

It's not about Amir slowing down, it's about he was completely on the right side of the road and went all the way to the left as if Naujoks wasn't there.
    That's why we say he is cutting lines.
    And don't forget, he did his first move to block the right side already and now he did the second move, which for what I know is called weaving when you change lines more than once.

PS:not a fanboy from whoever, I don't know neither of them.

[X] Driver, Madsen, chksix and 2 others like this.
  2. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

Yes I did, and the sync was way more brutal than that. And you how did you know it was a netcode ? Lets ignore everything that is not factual: no netcode, no line change/cut, no off throttle.

I don't know what caused that slow, and it's not really important. The fact is that Amir's car slowed down unexpectedly. He has been DNF (deserved or not, it's not the topic, imho he played a risky game and lost). Nils braked as soon as he could. You can't expect the unexpectable. The penalty is not deserved imho.

I'm more a supporter of Amir. I don't know Nils. But the facts are the facts. And everyone has his own opinion. I don't see any hate here, you're the only one blaming others here...

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  3. "as if Nils was not there" that's exaclty the point. he did not see him approaching as he was actually doing...

4. So this will be my last post because I have enough of this.

First I am no supporter, of anyone, and in the same time I support everyone. Cause I support simracing, I won't support injustice: you all talk of non-sporty behaviour, and that's not right.
    Second it looks exactly like a netcode issue, and if I am telling you it looks like that, it is because I have seen it hundred of times. I can bet my jewels it was a netcode issue.
    And it's not a detail you can just ignore, because if you know Amir point of view, you will find out he saw Nils in the very last moment going where there was no space. They saw different things, again, this is the F point.

Anyway, think whatever you want to think. More than explain it 4 times, I don't know what else to do.

PS: DNF is not a penalty, it means "did not finish" it's used to show who retired. You confuse it with DSQ which means disqualified.

5. It would be nice to see a replay saved by Amir. That would clear the doubts about his conduct.

6. lionbest

lionbest Racer

The guy ahead is clearly a dick and would rather have a crash than have himself overtaken. He would deserve a penalty if the other guy crashed. Since the guy behind did not crash I'd leave it as is.

chksix likes this.
  7. Si.

Si. Simracer

Amir lost momentum cutting the chicane, which perhaps he could of made but hard to tell, he went to the right to block and Nils went left, he should have left it at that and given up the position, especially as he made the initial mistake of cutting the chicane. Penalty for Nils was wrong imo. An unfortunate incident in a great race.

[X] Driver and chksix like this.
  8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

First of all, he knew exactly Nils was there and gaining on him, because seconds before he deliberately blocked the inside line after he saw Nils wanted to go there.
    And secondly he made his move to block inside line and then he goes all the way out to the left to wanting block him there again. Weaving, that's another fact you're omitting until now.

chksix likes this.
  9. @Salvatore Amato WTF mate o_O Calm down please. Your post is full of hate about different opinions like yours. :confused:

Stay save :)

LATE4APEX, sissydriver and AndyK70 like this.
  10. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

If he didn't see him there, then it was strange positioning for the next left hander if he believed he had nothing around him. You just wouldn't do it.
    He knew exactly what he was doing, and will probably call it 'defending his position', when the fact of the matter was he lost momentum on the chicane and didn't want to be over taken.

chksix, AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  11. Daffers

Daffers Rookie

More a racing incident and Amir's fault for cutting of Nils who had nowhere to go.

It is really strange that Nils got a penalty for it, not deserved at all. Pretty strange as they were doing a good job with the penalties in other aspects.

12. Gio07

Gio07 Racer

Second lap of 1h CP race. I'm the guy in the McLaren in first position.
    In these situations the biggest frustration is not so much losing the first position, but having to finish a race with the damaged car and not being able to enjoy the rest of the race fighting on equal conditions. Also in this incident I lost 1 SA.

13. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

The guy in the Lexus was clearly a lot faster and would have had track position in the middle of the corner, also you braked way too early. However ill give you the benefit of the doubt and say racing incident. Interesting case!

14. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Looks like you were drifting a little right, and he moved across to left to try and high-low you after the corner. But then you came slightly left again and he held station. Not good enough resolution to see brake lights, but if you lifted for the corner at that point a collision was kind of inevitable. Racing incident, probably made worse by your Macca's lack of center mirror/vidscreen.

15. lionbest

lionbest Racer

Agreed with the above. Also, don't think your car got too damaged.

16. Gio07

Gio07 Racer

This is the exact moment I braked. A few meters before the 100m signal because my trajectory was slightly internal to defend myself, and because I had almost 120L of fuel.

20200410213938_1.jpg

17. lionbest

lionbest Racer

It's a bit like Max Verstappen. You haven't done much wrong. The other guy behind you probably braked then turned the wheel and that made braking less efficient. That caused him to touch you and off you went.

When I drive and I have an SA of 99 - 98 lately, is I take a side, in or out and stick to that. That way the other guy, if he out-breaks himself will go out by himself and not collect me.

I guess the take from this should be that you could've done more to not have the collision and shouldn't rely too much on the others being very clean.

18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Agree with others.
    Looking at the chase cam, the guy behind was faster and positioned himself to the right as if to maybe brake later and dive bomb, but then you went to the right, so he went left, then you also went left at point of contact.
    To be honest, it looked as thought you were defending your position, but also looked as though you didn't know which race line to choose, confusing the driver behind you.

AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  19. I would look at the care behind, which couldn't get the apex even if he got the additional slowdown of the car in front, so.. yes: maybe the car in front could have done something different, and I agree with most of the comments here, but the car behind braked too late (way too late). Without the touch he would have reached the sand, i guess.

AndyK70 likes this.
  20. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I'm the Lexus there. My punt wasn't intentional. I thought he would hug more the right side of the road. Then he proceeded to push me off the road because he was mad. My question is, how would you guys have to done to overtake in this situation where I'm clearly faster than him ? Cheers !