1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. GONKO

GONKO Racer

It is tactical bumping on purpose to tip a car out of control while they go through without taking themselves out of the race. That sort of stuff will lead to people taking revenge later in the race. These people need a consequence for being stupid.

David Danser likes this.
  2. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

lol! It's a shame though, Monza is one of the greats.

3. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Slightly off topic, but why did I get a drive through penalty here?
    I am in the black and blue Bentley (421) on the left of the track, mid pack.

4. David Danser

David Danser Racer

Only thing i can imagine being a little bit too fast in the end just before the start? Over 70kmh?
    Looked like a clean start, i had the same at Monza, no idea why i got a DT

5. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Too far on the right side maybe?

6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I thought that too.
    When I first notice the green flag on the replay I am doing 92. However I cant see the green lights and not sure if there is a delay between the lights and flag.
    Also I am still level with other players and not catching up with those in front at all, so its a VERY close call.

EDIT. Just played it back again and when the green lights come on I am doing 67.
    Take a look at the following photos. Its VERY difficult to see, but if you look at the overhead start/finish in the centre you can see one is red and the other green.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8167746@N07/49970614002/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8167746@N07/49970346011/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

Don't think so. Others are just as far, and some on the right are further over to the left than I am the right.

7. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

It sometimes happens to me when someone go further back than they should, the game then think you got a place illegally and you get a DT. I even go that twice when I was in pole and the 2nd driver drove really slow in the second phase of the start (when you only have the speed indicated). They gave me a penalty even though I was at 69 KPH (I checked after the race i didn't go past 70) and I was in pole while the 2nd guy was far back.

David Danser likes this.
  8. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

My guess is you were too much on the right. Speed is under 70 for sure but you are already drifting slightly to the right before the green and by the time the green come you have the RF that is to the right of the grid positions.

Edit: underlined it's not true, it's a weird one

9. GONKO

GONKO Racer

At the start of the sequence, you are in 17th....crossing the line at the start you are in 13th.
    So it looks like you jumped out of position.

10. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yeah but like I said, if he stayed in the green box he shouldn't get a DT, if someone is slower then it's their fault not his.

11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

My wheels did just go over the grid markings, but the cars to my right also do, and in fact far more than mine did, yet I was the only one to get a DT.

I don't think that's it.
    If you look when I am P17 there are a number of positions missing (2,6,14,16), so when these sort themselves out it has jumped everyone up by these 4 places as its filled them in.
    In fact the race starts with 34 racers, but when the green light comes on there are 22.
    Not sure this is the case this time because of the above.

12. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

@Thug IMO , it's the speed. And to me, this looks like a glitch.
    Are you sure you were in your green box before the speed limiter kicked in?

13. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Yes and yes.
    It would be good to see a replay with all the warnings etc on, it not sure if that’s an option.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    f1webberfan likes this.
  14. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I guess if maybe the log or another file has an explanation for the DT or it's only a server side info

15. mystek

mystek Racer

I'll leave it here. We should stigmatize behaviour like that:

He made mistake and then take revenge on guy for nothing

chksix likes this.
  16. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I tend to often play on Monza and Spa because at the time of night that I play those are the only ones that have larger groups of people on them. Running a race on most tracks with only 10 drivers (of which 1-2 inevitably drop) gets boring.

That said Monza Tuesday night caused my first rage quit. Lap one T1 I get hit from behind by a car knocked into me by a guy that caused a big crash on the main straight. He ends up ahead of me but my car is mostly ok. I get around him, then 2 laps later In T4 he dive bombs and takes me out, this time the damage is too much. I let him know my feelings about his driving and left.

f1webberfan likes this.
  17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Yellow car drives into the racing line (which the Mercedes is on).
    Yellow car caused this, but the revenge was stupid as the first contact was not intentional.
    Mercedes driver is a sore loser.

18. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Wrong.
    Merc drives in line that yellow car owns.
    It's 100% fault of Merc.

AndyK70, mystek, Thug and 1 other person like this.
  19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Not sure about that. The Merc does turn in on the Maclaren a bit. It takes two to tango, and unfortunately for the Merc he comes off a lot worse. I don't think there was any bad will in this coming together.

The revenge ramming is inexcusable.

AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  20. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien