1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I wasnt clear how this all worked in AC. Have figured it out. It's not quite like I thought.

So you have the sequential and the gated. You can set up both the seq and the gated. Once that is done only the one that the real car is equipped with will work. So hop in the 49 and my seq wont work but the gated will. If I want to use the seq on the lotus then I need to unstick the gated shifter option in the controls.

So both can be configured at the same time and the game chooses which you can use for each car. As Ethan pointed out, you cannot map the gated shifter to also be the sequential as the game tells you the button is already mapped.

cooknn likes this.
  2. cooknn

cooknn Alien

That is sweet. What I was hoping for. I guess I'll have to plug in my shifter tomorrow.

3. My kingdom.. ..or should I say a neverending project.. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    sloty, andrea_gi, phil and 6 others like this.
  4. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Nice, I would like a better wheel like you have but the prices for them in this part of the world are insane.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  5. Fully

Fully Rookie

Holy ****, does this game support force back on the steering?

6. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Either it does or my arms just get tense and shaky all the time. I think its the FFB though.

Horus, Leemstradamus and Justice0320 like this.
  7. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

'Course! All bumps, nicks and forces sent straight from the wheels. I personally would never be able to drive without it.

8. Nope, non-laser mouse support only...........Here's your sign.

9. cooknn

cooknn Alien

It's been so long since I've used my rig I forgot that the paddles on my G25 are mapped to different buttons than the gated shifter. It should work as expected. Looking forward to some more laps at old Monza in the Lotus 49 using the shifter.

10. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

Attached Files:

• yy.jpg
      yy.jpg
      File size:
      118.8 KB
      Views:
    • 435.jpg
      435.jpg
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
    sloty, Leemstradamus, phil and 6 others like this.
  11. James Weber

James Weber Gamer

Great setup Tucker!
    Really like the button box connected like that to the right side of the wheel ..would like to do that with my G27 but haven't found a solution other than making something myself, looks great and is useful ..nice work :D

Leemstradamus and Tucker73 like this.
  12. everlast

everlast Racer

I'm about to tear into my pedals and try to improve them. Just a G25 setup in a playseat. My left foot feels some discomfort after a while since I have to hold it up off the pedal at such a sharp angle. I'm going to see if I can do the flip mod, and while I'm there add a rubber bushing for the brake or a second spring or something.

The clutch action is so unrealistic I might just do the clutch+brake -> brake mod. To mimic the throw of a real clutch you need dead zones at the top and bottom of abouy 30%, but then the actual bite point of the clutch is ridiculously small, and identical in every car it seems. No way a Gt3 clutch and stock m3 clutch feel anything alike; they all feel like a 6 puck in the game.

Anyway, on to what everybody wants to look at: pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tis a lot of fun. The screens are on swivel mounts so sometimes I'll mix it up and pull the middle screen out some, with less angle on the side screens, but usually this config seems best.

13. Ethan Dean

TIDY. That is sick.

14. With a setup that sick you HAVE to get better pedals and a better shifter....Fanatec V2 clubsports and shifter would round out your rig real nice....I am very jealous of the screens

15. Ethan Dean

I'm totally biased, but look into the Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter too... :D

Also, if you want to mod the pedals, what I would do with a G25/7 pedal set is get the PTR pedal mod. Having tried a friend's G27, the pedals just feel so small under my feet, whereas with my Fanatec CSR Elites the pedals are as long as my foot and it feels so good.

pankykapus likes this.
  16. everlast

everlast Racer

Yeah.. I'd really like some better gear, but I'm paralyzed with choice. Fanatec Clubsport stuff would be great, but honestly it's so easy to drop $1k on gear and still be fussing with graphic setups, crossfire problems and eyefinity glitches that I think I'd rather use the $1k for a couple track days.

edit: i'll check out that PTR stuff. Reasonable price!

Rift Racer, VedoHWB and Ethan Dean like this.
  17. track days do trump sim-gear......and as cool as those screens are it will be awhile before the graphics in games can catch up, so to speak. I love playing on my single 42" but if I'm honest my racing games look better on my 27" that I usually use.

18. everlast

everlast Racer

Yeah, there are times that my peripheral is filled with track (good) but I'm trying to see the apex that's far away in a 200px high aliased mess (bad).

I have played with the seat back a couple feet too, adjust the FOV so there's less to see but more detail. Still, the immersion can't be beat at this screen size and I wouldn't trade to smaller screens, especially when I play a game that has poor or no triple support, like GT6 that I'm about to go try for the first time.

19. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I know my screens were a bit smaller when I was using TV's, they were only 42" but I sat close and I had the screens on a good angle, around 55-60 degrees I think. With iracing and now AC we can do all the triple screen adjustments so there is no warping ad at 60 degrees you are getting a proper 180 deg wrap around with large cars.

You cant see it in AC yet but when you see a car right beside you as large as they are on the big tv's it's great, I would encourage you to at least try a much bigger angle so that the tv's at least go back to where your head is. I used to have it like this picture, I did end up putting the monitors on more of an angle and it is a little deceiving as the chair slides forward a bit.

pit42.jpg

sloty, phil and Philippeapo like this.
  20. everlast

everlast Racer

I definitely would like to pop the left / right TVs out more, but this is the extent of the angle I can achieve with the mounts I have.

[​IMG]

If I were to running smaller screens, like 42" or 37" they would be able to be offset and achieve a larger angle, but I often watch movies from the couch a fair piece back too, so this is the best compromise I've found so far.

[​IMG]

I was thinking I could build a box behind the left / right tv so they can't recess which would also give me all the flexibility I have now plus about 20 degrees of angle. Maybe when I have a little time I'll try that.