1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your rig/setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ethan Dean, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I need "the Rig" itself hehe (at least racing seat and Triple Screen).
    Thankfully there are a lot of nice setups around as a great inspiration. I like stuffs some guys creating no matter if it's cheap or expensive solution. Keep up posting your setups!

2. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Bob Marley, witcher 2 paper dolls, G13, Batman, Fanatec, Far Cry... Seems we're alike. I like. :)

Hanzales likes this.
  3. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

rig1.jpg
    Here's my gaming rig, G27 with PTR pedal mod, TH8 shifter, G27 shifter used as a button box, a seat I got from some tuning shop. The monitors are fixed to the desk so they don't go anywhere :)

The frame for the seat is a plastic material normally used as a frame for outdoors wooden flooring, it was really cheap and it's very rigid. The desk is DIY, I had one lying around and I slightly modified it, it was a lot cheaper than a metal frame.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  4. Tyler Lewis

Tyler Lewis Gamer

After seeing everyone else's rig put mine to shame :p might as well post mine, nothing great but it gets the job done for me, now that i earn money as well i will be able to expand a bit more :p
    I know the quality of the pictures is awful as well

Attached Files:

sloty, Hippy, Emin and 5 others like this.
  5. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

6. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

tyler Hudson won the iracing nascar world championship with a very similar set up, all you need is a comfy seat and a wheel, I like it, never be ashamed of your rig, we all started where you are

7. pankykapus

Apart from the shifter being on the wrong side, I don't see anything wrong with it ;) j/k
    It's already a lot more than what I started with.

Aposki and Leemstradamus like this.
  8. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

So this is kind of a different approach. I didn't have much money to build something, but did have a "U" shaped furniture built in. I cut a door in half and put each half on one side of the U to close it off, more for heat retention than anything else. Then I made a drop shelf for the wheel and shifter out of finished mdf, secured with lengths of 2 by 4 to stand up to FFB. Then I finished everything and added some lighting. Not terribly fancy, but I was able to put it together for under 50 bucks. The seat is on lockable wheels and I roll it in behind me because room is kinda tight.

Attached Files:

9. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

I did just make one change, I plugged my CSR Elite pedals into my computer via a USB port. Now I've got load cell!

Leemstradamus likes this.
  10. benjihunter

benjihunter Simracer

Here's my rig (excuse the mess with cables, was too excited when I finished it to care about cable management) :

[​IMG]
    Home made base, G25 with load cell on the brake pedal, three wheels (Oreca GT, old Momo from a real F3000 with a SRH wheel plate, modified SRW-S1), TH8RS, 7" tablet for display, DSD button box, TrackIR 5.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    sloty, baloche, Xenix and 9 others like this.
  11. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Hey, did Thrustmaster buy the RS Shifter from Act Labs? I used to have one of those. I just don't know where it ended up! Might be time to upgrade to the latest tech. Looks sweet.

12. Tyler Lewis

Tyler Lewis Gamer

I'm currently using an old office chair, I almost have enough to buy one of these Playseats - well i think thats what they are called at least

13. pankykapus

It's a great shifter for the price, although the seven gears might be a bit confusing at first, I have a friend who made a custom plate with 5+1 gears because he kept missing fifth, but I think it only takes a few days of getting used to.

cooknn likes this.
  14. kingcars

kingcars Rookie

[​IMG]

Here's my rig. Simple and sturdy (I learned to weld during this project). Fanatec GT3RS V2, CSR Elite Pedals w/inversion kit and a CSR shifter. The racing seat is out of the car my dad used to race when I was a kid.

sloty, Xenix, James Weber and 5 others like this.
  15. Tyler Lewis

Tyler Lewis Gamer

Being British, I like it that side :p I do swap sides sometimes but it just throws me off alot

16. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

CSR Elitres, very nice. How long have you had them? They look too pristine :p

17. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

My Rig seems quite modest in comparison to some of you guys. If I could get the wife evicted from the office - her desk is behind mine - I could probably get away with setting something more permanent and fixed ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sloty, phil, Xenix and 3 others like this.
  18. Toykilla!

Toykilla! Racer

19. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

I Liked everything... but I must admit I'm also very jealous ;o)
    Now my first target is new GPU and 3 big screens. I would like to remove each LCD from the frame and put them directly into the one mounting frame to minimize the distance between them. Your screens seems to have a really thin borders which is good ;o) Then I'm sure I will find some cheap seat somewhere and build cockpit probably from pvc tubes (liked that idea).
    And maybe question out of my range... how much for the motion...? I mean just the controller unit, SW and that two "pistons". Your video nicely shows how much immersion it can add to the racing. As I said. Very jealous :D

20. Toykilla!

Toykilla! Racer

My Monitors are Samsung UE40ES5500 without frames and the Motion System you can buy at www.Simxperience.com. Simracing withs Motion is alot more like real Racing.