1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I am good drivers and i am still 10 sec behind leaders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fogboundturtle, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Braking distance is something that I am finding more difficult to accurately determine in Assetto Corsa than P&G3, but I am not entirely sure why that is the case.Maybe it's just a difference in feel? I am more familiar with the classic cars of the 60s and 70s, and the brakes on those cars are not as good as the modern ones in Assetto Corsa.

2. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Not bad at all, i wonder what you´re doing before ... :)

Things that i would look for:

1) use the brakes more, you´re very gentle with them, could be that you are at their limit, but i think that there is more in them (never ran more than a few laps in that car, so not sure). Either in the setup of the car, ac config, hardware config, or your technique, everyone of them can make the brakes better. You should be able to floor it at the beginning and easing off at the edge of locking until the time when its already time to start to acelerate.

2) at the left/right after T1 and right/left after arrebiata you´re trying to make the best line between those two corners, and end up lifting at the end of the second leg. It doesn´t seems like it, but a lift at the exit of a fast turn its a killer! Sacrifice the first leg, and concentrate on finding the earliest point possible where you can do the second leg flat out, every bit of time lost at the first leg placing the car in the right place will be gained with interest at the second leg until the next braking point. And it is a general rule in almost every corner, once you start aceleration, never lift, if you need to lift, then correct your entry.

Roberto Olivetti and offcorsa like this.
  3. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

AC is a lot more trickier because in PnG/gtr/rfactor/historic you can tune the brake exactly how you want with the brake bias + pressure. Here, without the pressure setting its a little of guesswork to find the right spot, specially in cars like the f40 and l49.

TCLF and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  4. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Very excited you're no longer 10sec from wr. As for your lap.
    You should be able to carry more speed in corners. Ur on gt3 corner speeds. F3 car should give you 10-30 kmh more. Make sure ur flat out of any Essex, direction changes and uphills. That's what curbs are there for. Very momentum based car. Welcomes front wing-oversteer and generally young drivers.
    So maybe you reach this 2-3 sec to wr and show ur good driver. :p

5. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

hey @Fogboundturtle sry this thread 'ganged up' on you at the start but i guess thats just how it goes if you are new. people want to say what they know, and make themselves feel better.
    thanks for joining us at the wealthysoup private race today.. you told me you were new to the track (and car) but you drove very well despite that. we usually have more guys on than today.. but its a great way to improve your skills because there are some damn fast guys in the group.

i was much slower than you when i first started playing AC.
    just put in the time and hope to see you out for some more MP races

6. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Im no expert, im 56th (pro mode) on RSR about 2 seconds off the record, not done loads of laps but the advice id give you for the Fabarth after watching your video is you must hold your speed, compared to its downforce which it has in bucket loads its engine is gutless, i slow down on the gears and never brake too hard for medium to high speed corners, you have to get your apex speed up and hold the speed even if this means at first you start slowing down more gradually and earlier for a corner to get it right at first, then start finding the limits, im sure youll go faster if you try this.

Let us know how it works out, and ignore any negative comments you get, its all a learning curve :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  7. I will have to keep reminding myself that those open wheelers have a lot more downforce than the more normal cars I am used to driving. I was taking the Parabolica at Monza in the Formula Abarth on tip toes to start with last night until I realised that I could actually be rather more aggressive!

8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

lol...i bought gtr2 just for P&G after someone posted aris did the physics for it. had the absolute opposite experience. man those cars can be tough. want to get into it abit more, kindve put it on the shelf after a few days. but yeah, just a very different ballpark, i would say its definitely the feel provided youve got a relatively 'correct' fov.

9. Feel free to join us on Tuesday nights on the Gamers Crib WSL server. There is no password. We are currently running "summer" races, which means that the attendance isn't as good as I would like, but hopefully we will start to see 20+ drivers again in the Autumn when I organise Season 5 of the WSL (World Sprint League). The format has been changed, so the races in Season 5 will be around 50-60 minutes long, and some of them will include pitstops.

10. justDrive

justDrive Racer

You've gotten a lot of replies but I think one of the biggest things you need to work on is braking more aggressively, you are only using 25% of the brakes or less, be hard on the brakes then gentle when releasing the pedal,

11. iVG

iVG Alien

12. Very nice. Have some of the lap times been removed, or is that an independent site?

13. iVG

iVG Alien

It is an independent site but what times have been removed?

14. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Racer

Filtering Pro rank instead of all times?

15. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

Yea the scary thing is to get more grip.. you need to go faster

offcorsa likes this.
  16. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

'I'm a good driverand I still 10 second behind leaders" means, you are not a good driver. :D You have to understand basic principals. Driving a car with standard setup, like wear others taylored suits. Some one feel it comfortable and make him look like James Bond, others turns out as Mr. Bean. You have to digging to find the wayto understand how the car works. It is complicated. Rumours says, you the harder springs makes the car faster. Then most people tune it up till the last. And they loosing all the grip. A car can be stiff, even with softer suspension than the basic setup gives. Just need to understand.
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/advanced-f1-setup-guide.1355/

17. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Mr Bean anytime! A true petrolhead.

Peter Molnar and Radfahrer like this.
  18. mikuru beam

mikuru beam Racer

mugello is my favorite track too. i see allot of the really fast guys brake in very late to the first corner very hard and trail brake a bit. i was loosing almost a second just in that corner taking it how you take it but i still cant quite get what he did right

here is what i mean (i only watched the first corner)

19. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

I don't think thats late braking. I just ran a lap to check out myself. I not really familiar with Exos, but I did a 1.36.537 straight away on cold tyres with standard setup. I guess nismo had setup on. Just stood on the brake, then lift off before you enter the turn. It can even stop dead from 80 meters before the turn. Pedalcontrol is important. Floor it then slowly release it. Not like on the street. You will see, your laptimes will improve a lot!

20. arekdbz

arekdbz Gamer

Braking too soon and too little. Accelerating too late. Very far from grip limit. I am usually no more then 2s from WR and this looks too me like a warmup lap. And I am setup noob as well. I only download setups and still managed to be 5th on PRO rank with t125 s1 for example. Push harder my friend. You have to drive on the edge all the time in order to get those times.