1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I am good drivers and i am still 10 sec behind leaders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fogboundturtle, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Its not like I never race online before. It all depends on the group you run with. I used to be a top 5 MotoGP racers and it was fun to drive every night with the best player out there because it was friendly competition. That was before some kid found some glitch to cheat and ruin the game. Ah the good ol' days.

You can add me on Steam if you like

2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol at the arcade racer, every aid, free energy machine, no tyre wear and also god mode with the temps.

I really dont take much notice of non pro times but the proper good drivers are still bloody quick driving the sim way.

How anyone needs all aids to drive and then gets some sense of achievement from it is quite interesting. You may as well turn AI to 150% press the enable ai button and be proud of your lap times.

I have more respect for a guy 10 seconds of the pace trying to drive then someone with wr times that doesnt even drive the car. ;)

4. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Like mentioned by someone else, often if there is someone very quick and only a few of you the leader will slow up to make more of a race of it. If I am the fastest in a race by a lot I don't care much to take off in the distance, I may as well hot lap so I hold back so there is more racing going on.

You may like iracing a lot just for the practice sessions. No pressure, jump in to a session and just drive behind people, you can pick up a lot. You will find in practice sessions a lot of people are having small battles going on and if there is s crash, no problem, it's practise, start again.

5. Robertus

Robertus Gamer

No one mention about hardware, rig, seat position and wheel. I think these ones are still important to be fast and consistent. For example I have standard office chair, simply desk and DFGT. My seating position isn't very optimal and everyone knows how DFGT pedals behave. I think I can lose 2-3 seconds on every lap beacuse I can't be consistent with braking for example, after 1h of drivirng i'm simply tired etc.

I think these are also important factors.

R.

6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Although there is a little bit of truth in this, you'll need to have it set very wrong to lose that much time with it. I have the exact same DFGT and very recently went from that office chair on a desk setup to a playseat. Times weren't any different. It doesn't seem to have affected my long runs either.

7. iVG

iVG Alien

Its a placebo.

8. jamba

jamba Racer

Cheaters everywhere my friend.
    Mostly all top guys on rsr do cheat i think , no chance to catch them without cheat.

[​IMG]

Rui Santos likes this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Think again!

10. jamba

jamba Racer

I dont think
    I know everything.

Anyway, OP is slow like a **** so he is complaining about das that there everywhere.
    Community askin him to post video,replay whatever and still nothing.

Cant imagine if all slow guys would post new thread here and complain why are they so slow , and after all that most stupid thing is that he posted after 5h of playin sim.

slow racer = nothing bad with that man, im also very bad in drinking alcohol and having goup sex.live with that.

Kristaps, TCLF and esox71 like this.
  11. No need to be rude.
    You don't have to crawl through all these threads. No one forces you to do that.

Oh, how I wish that someday we can discuss like adults on this forum...

12. I have only just purchasaed Assetto Corsa, and the feel is quite different to the likes of GTR2 and the Power & Glory 3 mod. It took me a day or two to realise that I had to disable Combined Pedals (this is the norm in P&G3) to get the gears to work properly! I am now starting to get a feel for it, but it will take some time. I am using auto blipping (although everything else is disabled), because I prefer to drive these cars like my real world car. The manual blipping mode is very strange to me, so I am not intending to use it any time soon.

Anyway, it's good to be here. I hope to see some of you on the servers in the near future!

13. Come back to me when 8 of your time is not with traction control on....

I'll get you a replay this weekend. Life gets in the way.

14. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

BS.. It's a good excuse to ease your mind. I also use an office chair on wheels and basic G25 pedals and wheel mounted on a desk.
    I might do better with decent fps, pedals, wheel, seat, eyesight and less pot, but all together I wouldn't improve more than half a second or so. You can always use the pedal app, or just keep fooling yourself.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  15. Does anyone know where I can see a range of half decent lap times in the standard BMW 1M and Abarth at various tracks? I would like to concentrate on these two cars until I familiarise myself properly with the feel of Assetto Corsa. For the record, I have only completed maybe ten laps so far at Monza in these two cars, and my best times so far (with the default setup) are.....

BMW 1M: 2:14.303
    Abarth 500: 2:29.897

If I am not mistaken, I think that the default setup is with half a tank of fuel? I have attempted more than ten laps in the BMW, but spun off several times (generally at the Ascari exit) because of my unfamiliarity with the grip level of the tyres. These times are with autoblip enabled, but everything else (including traction control) disabled.

16. Wow, it looks like I have some work to do! I guess aiming for the Top 50 would be my first port of call, as that will require improving by around 1.5 seconds. I guess that setup changes and a slightly lower fuel load may account for a bit, but I think that I also need to improve my braking. It feels rather different to P&G3 and GT Legends, so I need more practice to sort it out.

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

18. practice, practice, and practice some more.....just be sure and relax and enjoy driving the car when you get frustrated chasing tenths of a second.

19. jamba

jamba Racer

Dont bother with that, that doesnt means nothing atm.

And OP guy seems like he dont want to accept he is 10 sec off the peace(top10)
    I dont see nothing bad in that o_O