1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I am good drivers and i am still 10 sec behind leaders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fogboundturtle, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I subscribed to his channel

Hany and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  2. iVG

iVG Alien

Impossible is NOTHING

3. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

OP, simply put, you aren't trying hard enough. I thought the same as you, something must be wrong, however you are underestimating the effort that others put in to being quick.

There are no cheaters or very few on RSR. Simply find your favorite car and track and download a few setups and drive the f**k out of it. I mean a few hundred laps. Familiarize yourself with that car a track and tweak the set-up, make it yours, play with tire pressures, suspension and gear ratios, you should see your times tumble, eventually I think you can get within a second or two of the WR.

For example I like the EXOS s1, but I'm slow as a glacier in it at the moment, I played it a lot when it came out and I was better with it then. Now I only do a few laps in it, I'm so slow not even matching my old times, miles off the pace and prone to crashing. This is simply because I need to shove in like a 50 practice stint and re-familiarize myself with it. Play it more and more to improve and eventually I could expect to get the top 20 on the boards, but for this I need to be determined and dedicated. Max concentration a few hours a day at least for a few days or two or even weeks.

If you only play AC for maybe an hour a day and try a different car each time, you can't really expect to be much closer than maybe 5-10 seconds from the WR.

4. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Setups are my achilles heel though. Sometimes I get very close to what I want and that's all to do with a little logic and a lot of trial and error. I guess you're using too much break and too long. Corner entry speed should be quite high to trail brake and keep momentum.

5. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Experience makes a gigantic difference. If you raced the iRacing/rFactor/LFS/FVA F1 the Exos should be somewhat familiar. And it counts for every single car/track that you ran in every sim, everything adds up.

Its not like "the wr guy practiced 10 hours in AC" it is like "the wr guy practiced 10000 hours in 5 or more sims in the last 10 years".

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26384712

6. Rules of Italian driving:

Less brakes, More gas; what is behind you is of no importance

finepot likes this.
  7. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

This.

I've set times on Monza and Mugello in the McLaren MP4-12C GT3, which, at the time, were RSR world records. I've been simracing since I was around seven or eight years old (20 now), when I got my first wheel. I spent a week or two constantly working on those setups and turning lap after lap, finding every last thousandth I could in every sector. I built those setups 100% realistically, using actual real-world guides for car setup as my reference. Even if I had found bugs to exploit I wouldn't have done so, because it's all about the thrill of the chase. Why cheat yourself out of the best part of it? I don't know how anyone can possibly derive any satisfaction from winning by means of cheating. The term "hollow victory" is an understatement.

If you'd like to try out my setups to see for yourself, please find them attached. Bear in mind that AC's changed versions since the records were set. Have fun!

Attached Files:

8. Vaoh

Vaoh Rookie

Man, I wish more people viewed it this way.

Otherwise I have found properly done setups to increase my lap times by leaps and bounds. But most of the speed comes from learning the line to a track more so then anything.

Hany, mike9572, Mogster and 1 other person like this.
  9. justDrive

justDrive Racer

Race pace may be important, but if you can't set fast laps alone how could you set fast laps in a race? Yes if you can only set a few laps fast and spin out you will lose the race almost certainly because you can't hold that pace consistently but it still applies to consistent fast drivers. Being 10 seconds behind WR in RSR is going to almost guarantee you being at least 5 Seconds behind the fastest, and certainly behind more drivers as well.
    It's simple and easy, in order to be a good driver, you have to be fast and consistent; you will never be a true, safe, fast driver until you can do both in full.
    (Sorry for all the "yous" not pointing fingers at anyone haha)

10. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I do agree that practise will make you so much faster, but varying natural skill levels mean that it takes averybody varying amounts of time to learn a track, imola took me 20 laps to feel comfortable that I knew what's coming to really hone my time I think I would need 50-60 laps some people take to sim racing like a duck to water and some don't, that doesn't mean we can't be fast, it just means it will take longer. Wish I could be competitive at a track like imola in just 5 laps though!

TCLF likes this.
  11. DomD

DomD Gamer

I dont think theres cheating amongst the top guys - most are well known. Not sure if you can reference Race 2 Play as a benchmark I have no idea on the standard, but it would be unwise to assume everyone cheats becuase you cant get close. The technique I found to be fast in AC is to be aggressive, get the nose in, often through turning the car with brakes and throttle then the power down as soon as possible.

Nahkamarakatti and Kristaps like this.
  12. This.

13. Great setup!

I'm not sure am I even driven that combo before. Not driven for months, that's for sure. I did only 9 laps ending 34th on RSR with two mistakes costing atleast 5 tenths. With a bit of training I'm sure I would be within 1 sec. from WR.

14. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

We have a TAM member OAb4nd1t ( stands for one armed bandit ) who only has 1 arm, he is rapid, he slides his hand around the wheel to get to the padel shifter on each side....... freaking amazing.

He hasnt played Ac much yet, but he is top 20 on RSR with the e30 grA on gp/f without much hassle.

TCLF, Hany, brianr121 and 1 other person like this.
  15. iVG

iVG Alien

Respect

TCLF, brianr121 and Deatroy like this.
  16. People often underestimate what it takes to get to the top in simracing. Then they try and find excuses.

Assuming you are on equal fuel and same tyres, you can find tops 0.5/1.0 second (bit more or less depending on the car, and I excluded downforce levels since it varies too much) with a good set, assuming it fits your driving style. Which is still a lot when you're up there of course, can be the difference between 1st and 20th in very competitive fields.

If you are 8 seconds off pace, then it is without a doubt on the driver. 100%. No discussion. Not everyone can be an alien, and to expect to do decent times without commitment will lead you nowhere. Aliens worked to get where they are, it takes a lot of knowledge, racecraft and raw talent.

Someone who doesn't work hard has no business being jealous of those who are talented. Not saying that's the OP's case of course, just saying that in general.

17. Quote. Absolutely Respect.

18. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    TCLF and Rui Santos like this.
  19. lolbin

lolbin Rookie

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=5&car=18

Have a look at the top time. Slick exos tires and 270 km/h top speed.
    Could be the app is registering wrong, but something is kind of shady.

Rui Santos likes this.