1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I am good drivers and i am still 10 sec behind leaders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fogboundturtle, Jul 2, 2014.

1. mike9572

mike9572 Racer

@Fogboundturtle
    I had the same feeling that you have when i started AC. Was 10sec behind world records. Now, i'm in 1st page of RSR rank with my favorite car/track combos. It's only about setups and practice. A lot of practice.
    Why it wasn't like that in other sims? The answer is surely in the success of Assetto Corsa, and especially the physics engine. IMO :)

2. Turk

Turk Alien

Mugello is a track that's easy to gain or lose big chunks of time because all the corners are so fast and I found many of the corners are faster than I thought. The obvious thing that stands out from your times on RSR is your best times have had more laps put in, I've found personally that time comes in chunks as you learn, often when I go back to a car after a while of driving something else I'll have somehow gotten faster. Practicing with some of the crazier cars like the Ferrari F40 S1 will make you better, if you can learn to control that car around the nords for example and you'll be able to drive anything. :D

3. Deranger

Deranger Racer

Ok to clear things up, for some reason I thought that OP was talking about people being much faster than him in multiplayer, not RSR, when I mentioned that exploit. My bad, I usually have good reading comprehension... Guess that's not the case today.
    I have no idea if the cheat works in RSR, and don't want to risk cheating to find out heh. So I guess let's just assume that it doesn't work until proven otherwise.

4. To the OP:
    I never drive the formula abarth (hate open wheelers because I am so bad in them) and I am not fast by any means....I just hopped in it and made 4 laps at Mugello using default set with no changes at all and ran 4 seconds faster than you (not bragging or boasting at all, just showing there is plenty more time in the car with the default set)...and there is still another 5 seconds to the aliens....a good set-up, soft tires, and a couple hours of practice I could probably get within 2 to 2 1/2 seconds closer....

If you have natural alien level talent you will be within 2 or 3 seconds of them within a few laps....it appears that you are from planet Earth like most of us and you will have to practice, practice, practice.

And here is the link to my time on RSR...
    http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=driver_profile&id=299

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. F1Dave

F1Dave Racer

To answer the OP
    I only use the exos and find about 5 - 7 seconds with a good setup compared to default. Of Corse as I'm setting the car up I'm also driving the track more which also helps shaves seconds

6. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

OP has only 5.5 hours played in AC?
    Gotta put some more time in man..

7. justDrive

justDrive Racer

It just takes practice, more laps = faster times, when I would try for fast times I was practice and every few hours on a track I would leap in speed, by a large margin, I always find it that if I am 10 seconds off of the pace then I'll find 3 or 5 secs at one moment, then maybe 2 seconds later and then slow down to tenths of improvement and then down to thousandths. This is in the Sim or on a real track, I find that it holds true to most drivers.
    The more effort you put into the practice the better you will get, this is true for every sport, and can coincide with gaming aswell.

Mogster likes this.
  8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

To be fair to the OP, new poster, he didn't mention cheating, that came later :)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  9. you mean 5.5 hours with my "legal copy" ?

To be honest, I know I have to clock more time in and I am waiting for my new T3PA pedal set to replace that inadequate Thrustmaster TX pedal set but my goal was to be 5 sec from leader time and I was really wondering if it was all in the setup or was there more to squeeze out of the default setup. I really like dislike doing car setup.

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Whatever others posted: you need more practice before a setup will maybe cut a second or two. A good indication is to look at the lap time distribution at the bottom of RSR, where the tracktimes peak in number of drivers. For instance, your Mugello/Abarth should be around 1:49:00 and your Mugello/BMW GroupA should be at least sub 2:08:00, before you are driving the default carsetup (not that's what is used, but it is sure possible) fast enough to start getting into finding more time to cut with setups and experimenting going even faster.
    So I'm sorry to say, with danger of sounding like an ***, but it's not a better setup you need atm. You need to learn the track/car combo better and simply go faster first. Not saying that the right setup couldn't assist you in doing that, but it's not the main problem yet. Your braking points, exit throttle and cornering technique probably is.

Best

11. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

I will try not sound like a jerk.... :)

There´s nothing to do with setup.

If you are 10sec off, you are doing something very very wrong. How do you know that you "should" be closer? How do you compare?

I know where i should be because i use some drivers that i know as reference, for example Joco Gorenc, i raced with him before, he´s slightly faster on a consistent basis than me in gtr2/png, and its the same here.

And RSR times aren´t nearly as competitive as iRacing leaderboards for example. If i´m top 5 here i will probably be about top 50-100 in iracing with the same performance, and a guy like Joco would be as close to me there as in ac or gtr.

Last week i ran a race at silverstone with the evora gtc, and our top 4 in the race was in the top 15 on RSR. What does it means? That my club league is full of aliens? definetly no. We are just average drivers. If you are 10 sec off, you would be dead last in about 99% of the races that i ran in leagues all my life.

It happens to some people to be slower at different sims, but 10 sec? no. Something very fundamental is wrong.

henri and Kristaps like this.
  12. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

You can easily get 5s WR on RSR with default setup.
    Maybe just drop fuel but that is minor.

I dont know anything about the setup stuff.

13. Only thing 'wrong' is that he is new...or at least newish (hopefully he wasn't stealing from Kunos for very long).....It has been said that auto racing and lovemaking are the two things that every male just assumes they will be good at...It is heartbreaking when you are new and have to realize that you might not be as good at one of them as you thought; good thing practice is so much fun. :D

14. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

You know you´re not :D

Tristan, Connor, RvS, Dornelles, Prado, MdS, Zak, Reinhard, Sam Krueger, would all be setting WR´s or top3´s ar rsr with ease.

15. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Do you see any cutting? Both top10 (if i´m not mistaken). And i´m far from alien.

16. You're only .3 slower than Hany but you don't think you're alien......:rolleyes:

17. Thanks for everyone for the humbling process. I am fine with spending more time doing more laps. I never claims I was the best. The title of the thread is "Good drivers" not " Best Drivers" or "Greatest drivers".

18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

If you read carefully my post it says "i'm one of the best drivers in Race2Play, not the best one of course, but a good driver" maybe you should read that carefully, and i was not pretending to glorify myself, just to know that i'm not properly a noob.

First of all it's normal you don't know me, i'm recently new to R2P, only 78 events on it, did you check my ranking Mr.Smartass, it's better than yours at least!

I know many of those drivers you named, i've beated some of them on track, Conor is from my team and R2P steward, Atlantic Racing Pro, the BEST TEAM in R2P do you know it too or you're gonna name some more to say its not?

Sorry all for this but some guys drive me mad...

I'll leave 2 links for the driver and team career rankings in R2P right now just for you...

Driver career rankings in R2P:

http://www.race2play.com/sim/list_rankings?rank=Career

Team career rankings in R2P:

http://www.race2play.com/sim/list_team_rankings?rank=Career

Now you know me? For sure yes... ;)

19. Wealthysoup

Wealthysoup Simracer

First part of getting better is realising and understanding that you need to become better.

Its one of those things that if you assume everyone else is doing something unfair then you will take a long time to improve

Kristaps and donShere like this.
  20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Michael, i usually like your posts and point of view, but right now you're not being correct, i'm not a loser or a slow guy, and you know better than me that lots of people were cheating in AC due to change to the track grip levels and other tricks/cheats, when some real anti-cheat methods will be implemented we'll see...