1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I am good drivers and i am still 10 sec behind leaders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fogboundturtle, Jul 2, 2014.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Yes but saying this is 'the norm in P&G' goes a long way off. We all believe to what you're saying. But please, don't say stupid ridiculous things that heel and toe is irrelevant (from another thread) and what is the norm and what isn't. The long story short - you're not very experienced and your way of rubbing your opinions on us is not very successful. And making enemies here does no one any good, does it?

2. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

What i believe isn´t really relevant, what is relevant are those facts:

1) combined pedals aren´t required, and on the contrary, are a hindrance in any sim since at least gpl.

2) you´ve been handicaping yourself all this time.

3. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

From bottom of my witt, I like this attitude far better then OP guy. :p

Kristaps and TCLF like this.
  4. KevinM

KevinM Gamer

Sim racing is deep. It's easy to get a car around a track, but being the fastest is super difficult.
    Realizing just how slow you are is a bit of a bummer, but means that you get to have fun finding big chunks of time on every combo =)

Kristaps likes this.
  5. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

yup. just found a second on two combos, still 6 seconds off the WR, but it's better than 7!

Voodoo and Niki Đaković like this.
  6. I think that you are misunderstanding me. When I said that heel and toe is irrelevant, I was referring to real world driving. Real world racing is a different matter, so I am sorry if I mislead you. As for experience, it is true that I am not very experienced with Assetto Corsa. However, I have been racing in GT Legends and P&G for the past six years.

As for my "this is the norm in P&G3" comment, I genuinely believed that to be the case. My G25 would not work properly in P&G or GT Legends until I enabled Combined Pedals. If that isn't normal, then I am somewhat puzzled.

Apologies if my comments have come across as harsh. I mean no disrespect to anyone on here. Just ask Aris if you want a character reference. He will know me as Mogget from P&G.

7. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It very much depends on who you are racing against online. You may find that the very fast guys are racing each other in passworded servers to ensure they are getting clean races.
    Just because you are miles off WR times, it doesn't necessarily mean those times are cheats and you aren't doing anyone favours by assuming that the really fast times must be cheats. Those guys who look like they're 'on rails' just know how to set a car up and drive it to its limit.
    Try giving people the benefit of doubt and your own times will increase.

8. I improved my Abarth 500 time @ Monza a fraction to 2:28.204 (equivalent to P79 in the list), but it took almost ten laps to get back in the 2:28s again. I was consistently hitting 2:29s, but I think I was being a bit too careful for my own good. A bit more aggression (whilst still in control of the car) got me back into the 2:28s, and I then had four of those in succession. I seem to be getting more consistent now, although every now and again the car seems to slip out of gear. This is usually when I hit a kerb a bit too hard (and bounce over it), but it has happened a couple of times on the straight. I think the latter might be a gear shifter problem, rather than anything to do with the game itself.

9. iVG

iVG Alien

It's good that you're starting with a slow car @Christopher Low. May I ask is this the step 1 or stock version as the s1 go down to 2:21s in rsr. Also what is your name there. I'll check your times out when I get back from work.

10. I don't have any times on that website, iVG. I am just comparing my fastest times with those on the list. My times in the Abarth 500 and the BMW 1M (now down to 2:13.890; equivalent to P63 on the list) are with the standard versions. I will take the more powerful versions of both cars out for a spin (probably literally) very soon!

On a side note, I tend to prefer the more "real world" cars than the top end monsters. That being the case, it is unlikely that I will be seeing much track time in the Lotus Exos 125 or the upcoming 98T.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  11. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

A car I really like and would advice to hone your skills with is the BMW M3 E92 step1 or drift version. A heavy road car with more than enough rear wheel power but very manageable. Put semi-slicks on the drift version and you're good to go with standard setup. It's not only good for drifting btw., I'm not a 'drifter', It's just a great balanced car in every way. The step1 has a sequential gearbox and a less pointy setup, the drift is manual.

12. I will certainly be trying that car at some point, Donny :cool:

13. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

With some practice and concentration, everyone can close the gap to 4-5 seconds. This is the top of the bell curves you see on RSR times. But gaining from there becomes exponentially more difficult with every half a second.

Niki Đaković likes this.
  14. I am currently 4.6 seconds and 5 seconds behind the Abarth 500 and BMW 1M lap records respectively (using the default setups), so I have a foot in the door! To be honest, I would be very happy if I could get that down to 3 seconds.

Niki Đaković likes this.
  15. Alright. here's the replay you have been waiting for. Its not my cleanest lap ever but I did managed a PB. I was a little wide of turn 1 and miss the apex on turn 6.

16. That looks like a pretty good lap to me.

Shaddix likes this.
  17. iVG

iVG Alien

That's not bad at all mate. No mistakes or silly driving. In my honest opinion, you don't deserve all the pun at the beginning of this thread. It's down do your set up now and some bravery here and there. Well done and you will improve as your lap count goes up.

Shaddix, Kristaps and TAM Spencer like this.
  18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

indeed a very good base, but it's not on the limit enough. try to get more speed out of the turns (get earlier on the throttle etc) and get close to the white lines in turn- in/apax/ turn-out points. Also try to setup your car more to oversteer, because less steering = less speed loss.

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

hotlap and setup included. I did that hotlap on mediums. Not a very clean lap, but you might understand the on the limit because of it XD

lap was a 1:47.1 or something

Attached Files:

20. I saw some small mistakes on every corner but its not a bad time at all. Good base to start! Focus more how you get out from the corner and I'm pretty sure the clock likes it too. On that combo it is quite "easy" to go below 1.45...

Later on the brakes, compromise your cornering speed a bit and be early on the throttle.

Kristaps likes this.