1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request: A practice mode with Flashback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lazybug, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Flashback enable in practice mode (not hotlap or race) allow player to practice & quickly master any tricky corner by re-do that particular corner again & again without waste time to go the whole lap again. A very time saving tool. I know many sim racer will disagree the flashback idea like it will lower the game standard (their standard) but still i gonna try request this.

Thank you.

jonnyboy_99, baliwa, Snarffu and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion API request - set vehicle position when in Practice mode Jul 4, 2017
    Tracks modding Request: Open parking lot with no grass and obstacles for no asset drift practice Feb 27, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Can't request booking and practice in other server Feb 18, 2015
    Suggestions Request booking and practice in other server Feb 16, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Request/Suggestions for upcoming AC:Evo Apr 28, 2024
    ACC Gameplay A request to the devs regarding AI… May 24, 2023
    General modding discussion search request for 3d modeling Feb 20, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room License request question Sep 15, 2022
    ACC Tools A wish or request for a LFM helper app Aug 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Is a post here sufficient to get the privilege to file a request for support? Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Request for DNF value in results file Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021
    ACC User Interface Feature Request - Notes area Nov 10, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021

3. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96 Racer

I certiainly don't agree with Flashback in races or time trial/hot lap modes, however I think it would be fine in practice mode. I personally wouldn't use it but I don't think that means that it can't exist in a non-competitive mode.

Patrik Marek and Lazybug like this.
  4. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

No no and no. If you want that kind of arcade feature, go play some Grid 2 or something lol.

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That's a bit harsh. Time Attack, anyone?
    Features that can help people become better sim racers are a good idea.

6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I can see you a typical so call sim racer who believe he is highest class racer & always look down on simcade or arcade player, but in case you dont know sim racer is just another type of racer, your "I am sim racer, a highest class among all type racer" type of ego doesnt make you always right on everything.

So now, can you explain what make a "flashback" arcade but "bumper / hood / chase cam / auto braking / auto throttle blip / ideal racing line which in the game are not arcade ??

RennPanda and speedyyellow like this.
  7. Mac

Mac Rookie

If it's only for practice mode then I don't see a problem with it.

nanucq and Lazybug like this.
  8. TheDyingScotsman

Those are all arcade options. Yes I am a typical sim racer, purist and hardcore and I don't believe in those options. It's got nothing to do with being better than or superior, it's just that a simulation is about realism, not making things easy for kiddies who have yet to learn to drive. I don't pull any punches with my opinions, if that offends you then tough luck :)

BMASTER and SirJack like this.
  9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

You dont need it doesnt mean it cant be in the game, its a game for everyone, not only for you. So if all those arcade option can be in the game then so does flashback.

Also flashback has nothing to do with sim or not, at all. It simply an useful & effective time saving feature if available in practice mode, flashback will not alter the game physic or something like that. its just like you practice a difficult guitar chord again & again to get it proper before play the song with all the other easy chord.

In fact we all use "flashback" method to get a faster & better learning result in real life (practice one difficult part of a song again & again other than waste time play the whole song every time / spend most time on weak subject other than study every subject which are already good while preparing for exam / spend most of the day practice tennis backhand again & again if one are weak on that .... n so on, i can give another 100 examples if you still cant get the idea), of cause i dont think you realize that.

So make up your mind next time before comment like that again, thank you.

10. TheDyingScotsman

I already made up my mind. I don't like arcade options. There's nothing I can do about the ones that are already in the game, however I am entitled to say I don't want this flashback option in the game. You mistake my opinion for saying you are wrong for wanting it. It's your perogative.

However it's not really comparable to learning a song...something I can relate to as I am a long time guitarist. You can keep practicing on a track, by yourself...by doing lap after lap after lap. Nothing is stopping you doing that already. You go off, you pay for it by losing that lap and having to go around again. I don't see the problem with that.

11. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Looks like you dont get whats time saving mean. Say now here is a track which has 15 corners and average lap time is 1:30s but there is one very tricky corner in this track so of cause even idiot know we all can re-run that particular tricky corner by go the whole lap again & again which mean you practice that corner again in every 1:30s, but with flashback player can save a lot of time without need to spend 1:30s to go thru all those 14 easy corners just to come back to this tricky one, mean traditional way you practice that corner every 1:30s but with flashback for sure i can practice at least 10 times in 1:30s, its what we call time efficiency.

Again, of cause i know i can go another lap to practice that corner but since flashback can be done & prove useful so i like it to happen in AC as well. If you dont like it dont use it, simple. Simply say no to it because you dont want / need it just showing you a selfish person, no more, no less.

jonnyboy_99 likes this.
  12. Makes you sound like an elitist douchebag to me...if that offends you then tough ****. He paid the same amount of money for the game as you and has as much right to request a feature as anybody else.

jonnyboy_99, Snarffu, nanucq and 3 others like this.
  13. Wrongfire

Wrongfire Hardcore Simmer

I like the idea as long as it remains a practice only option.

jonnyboy_99, baliwa, Snarffu and 3 others like this.
  14. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Surprisingly i get quite some supporter about this feature here in AC official forum, i like that :D All i hoping is a feature for quality practice, thats all. So why the hate about this flashback thing ??

15. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

You also save time by turning all assists to the full.
    That way you dont have to spend time learning proper throttle/brake/steering control. allowing you to go fast in very short time.
    Hell, you save the most time by letting the AI drive your car.
    Real life race drivers have to repeat whole lap, even for a minor mistake, even for one that isnt actually theirs, so thats the way I would like it to be here too.

With the above being said, I have no problem with it being implemented, for those that want to use it!

Snarffu likes this.
  16. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Thanks for the support :D

17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Do you understand what mean by "if you dont need it dont use it" ??

Again can you pls explain why all those assist can be in the game but flashback cannot ?? If you cant explain might best just leave my thread because you have no clue about what you saying.

Also do you realize this is just a game, a game for everyone ?? Do you wear full set racing suit & helmet when playing AC ?? Do you bleed or die when crash in the game ?? Do you own all those cars thats in the game ??

So dont tell me what real life is, if you want real life experience you should be the one who stop play AC, go drive & race real car.

18. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Lazybug why do you have to be rude??

Do YOU understand what an opinion is??
    You ask me to leave?? Why dont YOU take your AGREE or GTFO policy and LEAVE??

Also do YOU understand what the following means??
    Apparently NOT!!

Snarffu likes this.
  19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah i see that "With the above being said, I have no problem with it being implemented, for those that want to use it!" but you obviously mean the opposite after all that "You also save time by turning all assists to the full.
    That way you dont have to spend time learning proper throttle/brake/steering control. allowing you to go fast in very short time.
    Hell, you save the most time by letting the AI drive your car
    " mocking.

I always accept any negative opinion as long as he/she has a solid point about what they say but what you do is just mocking me.

20. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

By the way in case you dont know a simple YES or NO is just a response, not opinion. Its fine by me if someone say NO against the idea but if they cant explain why then they are actually pointless.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  21. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

LOL, may I suggest sleeping it off??

First you say the FACTS I used to support my opinion, make it seem like I'm mocking you and then that I used NO facts.
    Please, even a quick nap would help clear things up...

PS. I am done with this quarrel. the ball is in your court, if you throw it again it shall not be returned...

Lazybug likes this.