1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request: A practice mode with Flashback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lazybug, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So i can still see his/her message even after being ignore ?? Ok i guess may be thats the different with "block". I never has a habit to ignore or block anyone before so never really sure what exactly ignore or block do or their different.
    Thanks for the concern.

2. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

Guys,

if this conversation continue, it will be locked.

THIS IS A SUPPORT/HELP FORUM at first ... Kunos is kind enough to let people talk and chat on it.. if that kind of discussion happens too much, you can be pretty sure it will be CLOSED... that that would be sad for the community... and the game itself.

So please behave.

Consider this a first and nice warning.

Thanks.

3. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Lazybug you may have your feature if Kunos wants to develop it. I´m sure they would implement it in a way that doesn´t bother me.
    I wouldn´t use it, because when I´m driving a virtual car I trick my brain to accept the virtual world as the real world.
    In other words: I am in that car, rather than in front of 3 screens and a rewind would kill that illusion.
    Another reason not to use it is that one corner exit changes the line and speed at which you approach the corner you try to improve at.
    So you could end up learning a corner (or a combination of corners) at the wrong speed or line.

Jebus likes this.
  4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

The best timing to use flashback is when the car is in straight line, not while doing cornering so that "one corner exit changes the line and speed at which you approach the corner you try to improve at" type of problem never should exist. Mean if you activate the flashback midway of any corner that is your problem, not the feature.

Why not have a look at this video, a result where i use flashback to practice some difficult corner & then the whole thing and achieve excellent lap time in less than half an hour, mind you i never play F1 2010, only 2 races in F1 2011, didnt play F1 2012 at all and now this after almost one year.

So do you see any "one corner exit changes the line and speed at which you approach the corner you try to improve at" type of problem affect my driving in the video ?? Also i wonder how many Force India player out there can do time like that given just half an hour after one year didnt play the game if they dont use flashback to save practice time ??

By the way if you like we can continue in RaceDepartment since i already get warning :D

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Yea, please go continue your conversations over there. Tarrah.

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

If you are practicing turns 4+5 (for example) on a track where there is a straight between turn 3 and turn 4.
    The exit speed out of turn 3 determines the speed at which you approach turn 4.
    When I haven´t been in a track/car/sim combo for quite some time I turn lap after lap until I feel confident I can do a 0.5h race
    at my speed without messing up someone elses race. Laptimes get better along the way.
    I´m doing the same as Emptybox in this Video.

Lazybug likes this.
  7. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

By the way Assetto Corsa v0.4 is just released and guess what, I cant help but has a big laugh when i see one of the changelog is "Mouse steering implemented', i wonder what you guys who keep talk about realistic going to say about that right now, i guess i might need to start drive my father's car with a mouse from today onward because since AC add this feature, it must be the realism way to drive, right Mr/Mrs sim racer ??

I think my job is done here. This "Mouse steering implemented' really make my day, big time. Thank for those who understand & support my idea people. Thank you.

Have a nice day. Bye bye.

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

your a complete imbecile..

9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Check your inbox if you dont mind, we continue there :cool:

10. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

I can't understand the hate you get just because you want to use the time more efficiently. With a rewind you can try different tactics to confront a corner in practice mode. Nothing else.

I for one support the idea as it helps to shorten the span of learning a new track/car combo, and it will make the multiplayer more enjoyable if more people get to know the tracks quicker.

The bashing and personal attacks you get here is disgusting to read.

11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

See you next week.

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

You have PM..

13. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Just to add..

Look, i don't mind him having an idea.. but these days there is too much now now now now now.. everyone wants to be able to do everything straight away without putting the time and effort in to gain it.. I've sim raced and done loads and loads of track days, in my car and race cars and half of the fun is getting to a corner you don't really know how to take and you have to really concentrate when you get there and take in all the info you can (helps if you have telemetry to study, or video telemetry like a Vbox) if you fluff it (get it wrong) your just going to have to do another lap, but thats not a bad thing in itself.. it means you have a chance to perfect all the other corners before returning to that one corner you are struggling with. having a rewind type feature would completely disregard any anxious feeling you might get whilst still trying to learn the corner which is another point i touched on earlier. I know hes saying it would be 'only in practise' but its not the point.. You should be rewarded for putting the time in.. investing time is a good thing, sure some people might not have that much time, if thats the case it should take them longer to learn the track and be slower than someone who does put hours of practise in.. thats just how it is..
    i can understand the frustration of always getting that certain corner wrong, its happened to me so many times i care not to count anymore.. but the feeling or satisfaction when you nail it is second to none.. and you know.. when you race online and you beat someone its because YOU put the time and effort in to accomplish that win.

Rui Santos and Ruskyv like this.
  14. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

People tend to toss hate on people in multiplayer because the newbs don't know the tracks. You still get rewarded for putting in the time to learn the cars.

What I don't understand is why you want to stop others to enjoy the game in their own way. You would also win from having more people knowing the tracks better as the overall skill would be higher with less people spinning out in some specific corner or whatever.

It's not to be used in hot lapping or time trials, only to have a possibility to learn some specific corner quicker and then being able to connect the sectors for a full, good lap. I for one would very seldom if ever use the function, but I'd only be glad for the tighter competition that would be the result; as in MP this obviously wouldn't be available.

The function wouldn't hinder your enjoyment of the game in any way, and time spent in the game would still be worth the effort.

Lazybug likes this.
  15. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

I think it sounds like a great idea.

Like something you would find i a real professional simulator drivers use to learn new tracks and test setups.

I don't know if they have this but in professional flight sims you have features like this to practice certain scenarios over and over.

If you see AC as a tool for becoming a better real life driver a feature like this makes a lot of sense and there's nothing arcadish about it.

claudiopolez, Lazybug and kalabaleek like this.
  16. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I suppose the only real thing to do is pop a vote up and see how many likes/dislikes it gets.

I dont want to stop people enjoying their game, but as someone mentioned earlier.. where do you draw the line? do we as for guns to be added to the side of cars so someone could enjoy shooting at each other... at the end of the day this is a simulator, it should simulate real life, you cant rewind in real life you shouldnt be able to on here.

Rui Santos likes this.
  17. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

That argument is so tired I don't even know where to begin.

In real life you have to drive to the track. Do you start up the game and then wait for two hours or two days before you get in to the cockpit because you can't travel over the world in mere seconds?

It's a function to help learn the track faster, nothing else. But you just don't want to understand so its pointless to argue with you, especially as you jump to personal attacks when you're out of arguments. :)

Lazybug likes this.
  18. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

its far from untrue tho is it.

19. kalabaleek

kalabaleek Simracer

Sure it isn't "realistic", but the great thing about virtual racing is that you can make things easier to get to grips with the actual racing part. It's not realistic to crash a car and reset it either, so with this logic you'd get a bill home for repair costs and be unable to drive the car until you pay the costs of repairing it. Have fun paying tens of thousands of dollars after a solid wreck. :)

Oh and free tires? You'd have to pay for each set. Or setup the car with some clicks? What shame to have this unrealistic function? It should take hours to change anything, and you'd have to hire a mechanic to do it for you... You see, many things are unrealistic as this is a computer game, not the real world.

A rewind would only result in many more people to actually race against and have fun with in multiplayer.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    Lazybug and Obizzz like this.
  20. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

although i agree with the points you make, there has got to be a limit otherwise we are going to end up playing something which has evolved that much its not the game we started out playing in he first place.. i just feel that adding a rewind feature is crossing that line.. but.. its only my opinion.

Rui Santos and Robilon like this.