1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request: A practice mode with Flashback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lazybug, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Arcade people ya, what if this arcade people actually beat you in GSC 2013 or AC ??

2. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

I don't think I'm the one that's offended.

tkrisz2 likes this.
  3. Robilon

Robilon Racer

I don't play arcade mode, so I don't care if they beat me in arcade or not. If they are competitive in simulation and play it as simulation should be played, then can you call them arcade people?
    It's not like I don't play arcade games from time to time, but I don't try to destroy the simulation games by crying for them to be more arcade..
    I don't even feel like replying to you because you seem like a person wanting to argue without a point.

4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So you mean flashback will alter the AC's physics and realism in race ?? Do you aware i hoping for a flashback enable practice mode for player improve themselve when practice alone ?? Whats that has to do with physics and realism ?? Are you sure AC has no arcade element in the game ?? Whats all that "auto braking / auto throttle / ideal racing line / hood + bumper + chase cam" doing there in the game ?? So "restart" & "back to pits" option is realistic to sim racer ??

And if you agree time accelerate is arcade then pls stop playing GSC 2013 if you do play that game, in fact all so call sim racer should stop playing GSC 2013because that game has this "unrealistic" feature.

Or may be you really can make time forward as you wish, who know.

5. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Then why you play AC or GSC 2013 ?? Dont tell me you dont know this game has assist like auto braking, dont tell me you always drive back to pit without using that "back to pits" option, dont tell me you never use "restart" option, even you say you never use these option but these so call unrealistic option are in the game, so why play ??

Since you talk like so hardcore why not open a thread request AC to remove that "back to pits" & "restart" option for realistic reason. If you do that i will shut up.

6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Its really funny & ironic to see many so call hardcore sim racer claim that "flashback" is arcade & unrealistic but then they have no problem to play a game which contain other unrealistic & arcade options like

1. Auto Braking
    2. Auto Throttle
    3. Ideal Racing line
    4. Chase / Hood / Bumper Cam
    5. "Back to pits" option
    6. "Restart" option
    7. Time Accelerate option

So why is that ?? All i know is that they all suddenly become quiet when i talk about this. So pls dont tell me "this is arcade or this is unrealistic" kind of bullshxt while all that arcade stuffs are actually in the game.

Patrik Marek and kalabaleek like this.
  7. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Do you know the phrase "draw the line"? Two can play that game...

Why does this game not allow flying since it already have unrealistic options? Why can't we teleport? Why is that?
    Why should devs focus on making this simulation better a simulation wise when they could give all attention to make this game more arcade? Hell, make it just another Gran Turismo.
    Or...
    Why does the game allow keyboard use? Why can we use cheap wheels when they feel unrealistic? Do the expensive wheels feel realistic enough? Ban all steering wheels? Ban the whole game because you can't make it real life?

Those options (auto throttle???) you listed are common options and already included in the game since forever, no need for them to be removed. It's different thing to add more arcade features. And if you even thought for a second without wanting to make an arguement you would shut your mouth. Also, stop stuffing words into other peoples mouth. In no post I ever mentioned anything about this "GSC" game, and I don't even get your point on that since I don't even know the game.

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

No i wont shut up because what you say is not convincing, since arcade option is allow in the game then i at least has the right to request for another one. If you ok with those arcade option just because it already in there then make sure you dont cry if AC 2 has flashback, everything has a beginning as some people say.

Ok so you dont play GSC 2013, sorry for that. Its another great sim racing by Reiza Studio. Check in RaceDepartment if you want to know more.

By the way its all you guys keep on to talk about arcade or unrealistic against my flashback request, so stop that "arcade or unrealistic" bullshxt because that cannot be the reason for saying NO against the flashback. You should know why by now.

9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Just reacted the nonsense you had hurled over the night. You just can't live with the opposing opinions. And that is funny.

tkrisz2 and Rui Santos like this.
  10. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

" You just can't live with the opposing opinions" ?? Are you sure about that ?? Looks like its you who dislike all my messages, i didnt do anything on you. In fact i never do like that before to anyone. Who actually cant live with opposing opinion now ??

11. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Seeing your reactions here also, I'm absolutely sure. But carry on, it's highly entertaining.

Rui Santos and TheDyingScotsman like this.
  12. Robilon

Robilon Racer

There's this nice feature "Ignore" on this forum. My list just got it's first victim..

13. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So someone is ignoring me now, its ok really but how is this "ignore" work in this forum ?? Mean he no more seeing my comment or thread ?? I cant find the info in FAQ. Anyone care to explain abit ?? Thanks first.

14. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Did someone just write a reply?

LoL!

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Its ok if this is you laughing at me but pls i not quite get the joke .. whats your point actually ??

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Dont worry about it.

17. I never got much use out of flashback you could never get back far enough. For example the problem isn't usually the corner you just messed up but the line/speed you exited the previous corner. I think a better solution is being able to pick a set point you can be returned to at the push of a button. I would also expand this to hot-lapping, once you have scrubbed a lap you can return to the start position.

Oh and "Don't feed the trolls", his voice is loud but it is only 1 voice.

Lazybug likes this.
  18. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

It's pretty self-explanatory. It means what it implies. Ignored.

Ruskyv and Lazybug like this.
  19. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Nah, I think he ignores me. But I take that as a compliment, I effected someone so much that he can't stand me anymore. Sign of weaknes to me.

If you wanna ignore someone click his/hers name and push ignore. You won't see posts from them anymore.

20. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Thanks for the understanding. At least you wont use "unrealistic" as reason against my request.
    You know when i first play Monaco in F1 2013 i lockup my front wheel & having serious understeer everytime doing that U-shape turn 6 initially but then i decide to use flashback to particular practice that corner again & again & guess what, after about 15 mins say 80 attempts i pretty confident doing that corner now; So its time saving and very effective. Imagine how many attempts i have in 15mins or how much time i need to spend for 80 attempts if i do the traditional "go the whole lap again & back to this corner" method for that corner consider an average lap time for that track is somewhere slightly more than 1 minute.

Am not trying to show off here but i do have an excellent 5:40.103 driving Gumpert Apollo in Shift 2 Nordschleife, i believe there is a reason why that game has the Nordschleife full track and another 3 shorter track which is each 1/3 of the full track so player who race seriously but dont race often can focus on that 3 shorter track 1st before attempt the full version, this way player can achieve what they want in a much shorter period of time, it will be really a super pain in the *** to "study" all those so many corner at the same time, how much improvement can i get if i play for one hour now and will only play again next week for a so long track like this ??

Its time vs effort efficiency i asking here. Actually flashback or not doesnt really matter, any similar method will do, example an option to choose which section to practice or option to choose from this corner to that corner.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013