1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request: A practice mode with Flashback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lazybug, Dec 20, 2013.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i spoke to Aris a while ago in regards to this.. and this feature is not going to be implemented in the near future, possibly at all because there are questions as to whether the engine is even capable of implementing this in the first place..

sorry lazybug.

zelimper likes this.
  2. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

This this this this.
    Everyone that buys the game has the right to give their input, we've all payed our £30.
    We're all important to the development of the game, whether we want girl features or not.

Lazybug likes this.
  3. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

I am not great at grammar, but I try and construct my sentences properly so that people can understand my points more easily. Bad grammar is a very easy way to make people loose faith in the things you are telling them.

"Flashbacks are for girls"
    I'm sure there are many girls that play Assetto Corsa, so take your sexist bollocks and *excuse my Dutch* **** off.

Backmarker likes this.
  4. tabis

tabis Simracer

For a game is flashback ok and maybe good,
    but when AC is a real RACINGsim it´s bad

At last i am not a real racer ,so i dont now if AC is only a game or a real Car simulator...

5. roufles

roufles Racer

I have played a few games with that flashback option. In most cases when you realized you screwed up it was too late..
    Tracks are quite easy to learn and I dont see the point of redoing one time and another the same turn.. I can understand it for the Nordschleife maybe 3 or 4 sectors but for a circuit of 2 mins per lap...

6. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Honestly, I prefer that they invest their time in pit stops, weather, night racing, more tracks and cars... :)
    You know, Kunos don't have that many resources, they need to use them wisely.

7. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Looks like all elitists will be very happy to know this. But then "this feature is not going to be implemented in the near future, possibly at all because there are questions as to whether the engine is even capable of implementing this in the first place" ?? Ha thats sound lame to me. Far as i know at least Codemaster already did that 6 years ago in Race Driver: Grid, so AC's engine which is newer is actually less capable than an engine which is at least 6 years old ?? Mmm ..... Ok.

Anyway, look at the bright side my bro can save some $$$ in buying an 3rd copy for my father since my father always prefer Codemaster racing game over AC because of this feature, you see everyone has their own way to have fun & not everyone care about physic that much.

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Mate.. Im just telling you wat i was told.

If features are more important to you then sure codemasters do a good job at meeting your needs.

Cheerio .

Backmarker and Lazybug like this.
  9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Am sorry if i sound blaming or complaining but am not. I can live without flashback, no problem with that, if its No then No.

What surprise me is the given reason where "current game's engine is not capable enough" because i never expect the reason will be something like this cause it sound no logic to me, sound more logic if Kunos saying something like "Oh we have only 12 peoples working on this game & flashback is a feature which is very time consuming & need lot of manpower to make it happen so we just cant do it".

Or may be i should start a thread requesting Kunos use EGO engine which use in 2008 GRID instead of whatever engine it is using right now since the current AC engine is actually less capable :D

Anyway this thread already serve its purpose for getting the answer. Thanks everyone time :cool:

10. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

It's a shame if there are engine limitations surrounding this, but I do agree that this is a lower priority than a lot of other features such multiplayer and physics improvements.

It would be nice if this is considered though, it'll make the game more accessible for those wanting to get into sim-racing, and a tad less frustrating for those that are just getting into it.

11. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Yeah Flashback is a welcome feature among Codemaster F1 / Dirt / Grid series player and imagine if 20% of 1 million these player turn to play AC.
    1,000,000 x 0.20 = 200,000 if my maths is right & consider Iracing has only 45,000 member worldwide so 200,000 is huge.
    But then its pointless to talk about this now :rolleyes:

12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

It might be how the physics engine work, rewinding may cause wierd things to happen..

But dont forget aris wasnt 100% sure himself but one thing is its certainly not an important feature atm.

Lazybug likes this.
  13. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Okay may be the engine AC using right now is good for program car's physic but bad for flashback thing. Am fine with that.
    Yeah i agree its not some urgent feature that will turn the game like day & night, i simply try my luck to do a request since no harm doing that except being attack by haters. Yeah Mr ChrisR is one of them, previously :D But not sure why He is nice to me now :D
    Anyway thanks again for the concern :)

Edit: By the way to me replay is one kind of flashback too where we can fast forward & rewind for the whole race so why not flashback ?? Just discussing, not complaining.

14. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Im not a hater of anyone.. I just stated my views which contraticted yours.

Lazybug likes this.
  15. Thanks for the info! It is at least nice to get some answer.

I can under stand that they might either have to save all the states of the race and reload it, it would be quite a tedious task if the game engine does not have such interfaces in mind. Or if they just restore some key states of the vehicle motion then they will have to reinitialize the other states that are not restored. (Or else you will see some quirky behaviour after loading the vehicle state)

The python interface already support reading the whole state of the vehicle now, (they have a getter ac.getCarState() ). Then I think it might be good if there's also a API for SETTING the vehicle state. (ac.setCarState() ?) So with saving and loading enable, we can write a simple app that save and load the state of the vehicle. (And of course you can invoke the lap time or other records as soon as people call the setter, or maybe just allow the setter API with Practice or Debug mode)

In that case, it is really easy, and you can outsource the implementation of the GUI to outsider. (I may do it too if you want.)

16. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

any game if called Simulator or Shooter or whatever is a game as you play on your pc and not in real life haha

17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

You mean its possible to make a flashback mod ?? Thats brilliant if Yes. Somehow i thinking flashback should be possible for any game that can do rewind in replay, i mean if a game can remember a whole lap process & able to rewind any replay then why it cant do flashback ?? To me its exactly the same thing :rolleyes:

18. Might not be exactly the way you think about. Iff. the Kunos provide the API for setCarState(), then it is possible to develop an app that you can click a button then reset the state of the vehicle to the state of, say 10s before.

And it is also possible that some states in the vehicle model are not accessible by the get/setCarState(). In that case one have to reinitialize the system to its old state, then you might have to wait for the vehicle resettling to its steady state equilibrium.

Moreover, by providing a setter api, you can easily write an app to cheat. (Say, give more power the vehicle by simply amplifying the acceleration by a little bit...)

I agree.

Lazybug likes this.
  19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

I a 100% totally idiot in software programming stuff so really dont know anything about that, but from what you say i guess i can at least put hope to have a flashback or some similar mod later after v1.0 :D
    Thanks for your time :)