1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request: A practice mode with Flashback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lazybug, Dec 20, 2013.

1. harryorlsen

harryorlsen Racer

+1
    not for president. for rewind/flashback ;-)

Lazybug likes this.
  2. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Really? Not even gonna put my 2cents in here with this kinda response to some fair personal opinion.

Rui Santos likes this.
  3. Snarffu

Snarffu Racer

Force aids to the way you want to play and that will do the trick for the majority I would imagine.

4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Dont need to put even just 0.2cents in here, the arguement here is already more than enough. And yes i can be super rude.

Snarffu likes this.
  5. Pablos16

Pablos16 Racer

It might be a nice feature for some people. Personally I can't see myself using it, but as OP wrote the game will not force you to do so.

Nordschleife is a good point, I did few hundreds virtual laps there on Com8's rFactor version, but it took me at least some 25 laps to feel comfortable. Every error meant damage to the car and starting again from pits. With rewind feature the whole process of learning the circuit would have been at least twice faster.

So for me rewind as an additional post 1.0 feature is ok. But in a meanwhile there are much more important things that need to be developed or fixed. Adding rewind would IMO take important man-hours from the KS that should be invested in developing better physics, net code, weather, day-night cycle etc.

Lazybug likes this.
  6. AngelOrtiz

AngelOrtiz Gamer

If rewind option is something to implement easily then why not, but if it takes a whole lot of work, ill prefer something else instead of rewind option.

Lazybug likes this.
  7. sagara79

sagara79 Rookie

Yes, I think this is a useful option to use in practice mode, maybe with a "real time" telemetry for analysing a particular sector!;)

Lazybug likes this.
  8. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

I am by no means a hardcore racing simmer, I love the things and can't stand other racing games (although next car game is fun), but I am god awful at them. It would, therefore, be nice if there was a flashback feature for practice mode.

I agree entirely that it is a complete nono for races, hotlaps and time attack.

But in Practice it would allow a player like me, who needs the practice, to keep hitting the same corner continuously and trying slightly different approaches each time trying to figure out what's causing his car to leave the corner backwards... and on fire.

Before Hard core simmers call me "casual", remember, I am casual, and it's called practice mode for a reason.

jonnyboy_99, softgrip and Lazybug like this.
  9. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

It isn't about making it "easier to drive", it's about helping people LEARN how to drive.
    That is the difference, we all have to start somewhere, it will mean less people bowling into me on the first corner because they learnt how to break properly.
    It's the same argument for the racing line. In multiplayer it should be off, but in a practice mode? It's bloody marvelous, it helps people new to racing learn how proper racing lines work, how you have to break before a corner and not in it etc.

I think Lazybug is receiving a lot of **** from people simply for the fact that he may not take the game as seriously as others.
    djkostas, I think Lazybug is being very polite considering how a lot of people are citing their opinions as facts here and being rude to him as a result.

I think this is a very reasonable suggestion, especially considering it's a feature that won't be forced upon anyone, and won't give anyone who uses it an advantage against competition outside of "having practiced more".

I second this notion, Flashback, for practice only.
    But make sure that TheyDyingScotsman's patch doesn't include it.

jonnyboy_99 and Lazybug like this.
  10. zelimper

zelimper Staff Member

leave The kids out of this....,no,no,no...if it does turns out like this,then a whole other crowd is gonna play this Game, fking it up for all serius simmers...please dont go in that categorie of funfair attractions..

11. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

True a bit of a Arcadey thing, but it won't harm anyone in practice mode...

Lazybug likes this.
  12. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Hell no!!

13. XzzDSA

XzzDSA Racer

Personal thoughts ofc.:
    Should only be available in practice.Should be a toggle-able feature so you don't accidentally push the "rewind-button"
    Should not be done for 1.0 unless it is super easy and not very time consuming to make (I doubt it though :S)

BUT:
    I do see a kind of a problem with this. As some others have mentioned in this thread.. It could drive away hardcore sim-racers and attract the more arcade and casual players, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't really fit with what the game is trying to accomplish.

I would proberly not use it myself although I'm not ruling it out. (Could be very handy in especially longer courses like the nürburgring and similar.

14. NNJ86

NNJ86 Rookie

I didn't read any other comments because I expect a LOT of negative and elitist comments. I would actually love this feature if implements properly. If your just practicing alone or against the AI in a "for fun" race then why not? Ever make it 9 laps of battling just to have to AI seeming spin you out on purpose? Right there is when I'd kill to be able to rewind 3-4 seconds and avoid this. Plus in a strictly practice settings I do believe this would allow much better corner entry/exit practice ect. Don't kill me for mentioning .... Forza.. but when you use the rewind feature your lap times ect don't count toward any records.

Lazybug likes this.
  15. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

I take it your racing is more hard core than your spelling and grammar?

I think that you are being very small minded about this. The best thing for the sim racing genre is getting more people involved in it, we all have to start somewhere. I use to play simcade racing games a lot, then I bought RACE 07 and I haven't looked back.

It's not a feature that is forced upon people, and quite frankly, what does it bloody matter who else is playing the game?

+1 for this feature.

16. zelimper

zelimper Staff Member

EDIT BY MOD: last warning.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  17. Wow, this thread alone helped unmask about 10 to 15 Trolls!

zelimper likes this.
  18. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Guys. Easy. Thanks.

zelimper likes this.
  19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Haha tell that to all Codemaster F1 series / Grid series / Dirt series player.

By the way take a read on this where Mr Aristotelis share his thought about arcade feature in sim racing game. Source HERE
    So stop being elitist. There already alot of "for girl" feature in this game right now if one never notice but i bet lot of man are using those girl feature, so whats the big deal ??

And now what if i say i actually a girl ?? So can i have flashback now ?? Flashback is for girl right ?? Or someone gonna say something like girl not allow to play AC ??

Saliiim likes this.
  20. zelimper

zelimper Staff Member

yes you can!...find your way back to the kitchen .. , if u get lost please use flashback..LOL

im sry, was trolling...lol, no really srry ... was a joke ;), a poor one but..

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014