1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Request: A practice mode with Flashback

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lazybug, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

May be i suggest this, try not to use so complicated way for you point because apparently my english is no good so may be you actually not mocking but the way you write make me feel that way.

Anyway, i still dont see the reason why flashback should not be in AC practice mode.

2. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

By the way if i really mis-write your message & you actually not mocking me then i apologize. Sorry for that.

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Deffinatly not! No no no!

4. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Ok. So why no ??

5. krikke

krikke Gamer

Why not using the editor to put, let's say, 15 times that same tricky corner 1 after another, and practice that way???
    Everybody happy! :D

I'll begin with the raidillon in Spa!
    1 raidillon, after another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another...
    Wife: "what are you doing on the ground?"
    SimRacer "I told you that I need a cockpit, but you never believe me when I say something..." o_O

Lazybug likes this.
  6. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Not quite get what you mean but Codemaster Dirt / GRID / F1 series's flashback feature is good enough to get the job done. Thanks for the concern.

7. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

Sincerely I find a function like this totally unnecessary and I don't ever use it, even though I was in a circuit new to learn.

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Basically because its unrealistic, there is a sense of tention when you get to a corner you are trying to learn.. Having the chance to just replay that bit takes away any of that tension..

This is supposed to be a sim not only in regards to the physics but everything about racing.

9. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So thats your reason ?? Do you aware i hoping for flashback feature only in practice mode ?? Whats "sense of tension" has to do while doing practicing alone ??
    Also about that popular "unrealistic" reason, are you suggesting all that "auto braking / auto throttle blip / ideal racing line / chase view / hood view / bumper view" are realistic ??

10. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Lazybug already whined the same way at Racedepartment when people didn't like his idea. I opposed the idea there and I oppose it here. Not everyone like your ideas, get over it.

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I know what you was asking for... I can read..

The sence of tension comes from having that 1 chance per lap to get it right, you mess it up and you gotta do it all again!

People these days just want everything immediately, cant do a particular corner.. Hey lets get rewind put in so we can just practise that 1 corner..

What happened to the skill element of track driving..

The Moose and Robilon like this.
  12. Robilon

Robilon Racer

This is pretty much the same as asking for some kind of "slow motion" feature, I don't think practise should be recognized as some kind of ultimate arcade mode.. this is the kind of feature that attracts the wrong kind of people to this game.
    If you can't be arsed to do a lap in practise, I can only think what you are able to do in multiplayer against other people as frustration..

The Moose and Enzo Martin like this.
  13. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

A lot of "handbagging" here "sim mer" down chaps!
    Now The way I see it AC wants to make a great product, this takes time, time is money. Money where's it come from, not trees! It comes from us. Who we are, well it seems quite a broad spectrum! The wider the user base the more money AC gets the more they can put into it the more awesome the product is for the users. Anyone get my point yet. Well if you don't I will explain:
    1. AC has put in Arcade elements in here to attract that sector
    2. AC has definitely catered for the sim crowd too
    3. And anyone in-between there is something for all
    Now If you ask me some people have a racing profession and they have the time to put in laps after laps same for some Sim guys have loads of time.
    Other folks have a passion for sim racing but not the time, some are just youngsters (who very well might be a pro driver later in life) as they progress drop all the arcade features
    As long as there are loads of folks buying in to AC the more AC can develop the product.
    If you don't like it don't use it.
    I for one would use the "flashback" feature to get "that" corner under control, make myself a better driver, be more predictable diver and therefore less risk of taking out the "Pros" by mistake in "that" tricky corner.
    I see it as everyone wins!

jonnyboy_99 and Lazybug like this.
  14. Robilon

Robilon Racer

How do you keep these arcade people out of sim servers then? They must be locked in their own community multiplayer wise... I bought this game mainly for the reason that I could do public racing again, but I can't see this happening if arcade people join and crash people out of fun.

tkrisz2 likes this.
  15. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

I have been racing in some communities that have structures and rules where you get penalised and or booted if you break the rules. The bad apples do fall of the tree!
    Yes! make it so! have "public" lobbies and "private" lobbies where you race like minded folks.

16. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Too bad you cant dislike all my message here like what you do in RaceDepartment, may be i should open a thread request a dislike option for guys like you.

The funny thing is that i already get over you despite you dislike all my message but you the one who actually cant get over it ... funny.

17. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Ok before i say anything check out this video and then tell me am i looks like someone who cant drive ??

And this

So what you think ?? You really think am some arcade chase cam kid who dont know how to drive and come here to cry for assist ??

Whats wrong with rewind actually ?? Whats wrong if that feature help saving player's time ?? Say you know 15 guitar chords but 3 of them still hard to you so you still spend the same time practice all that 12 chords with the 3 hard one ?? Seriously ??

Also dont tell me about realistic, if thats the reason you guys should stop playing GSC 2013 because there is a feature to accelerate the practice & qualifying session time in that game to save player's time which is not realistic as we all know we cant accelerate time in real life, so what you guys gonna say about that ?? I bet AC will have this feature too sooner or later so who the one unrealistic right now ??

18. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Whats that has to do with arcade or not to have flashback in practice mode ?? Some more if you dont like it you dont use it, simple. It wont harm you in anyway since it only in practice mode.

What you mean wrong kind of people ?? Arcade kind ?? So you sim racer is higher / better class player while simcade / arcade is lower / lousy class player right who not deserve to play this game ?? Is that what you mean ??

In case you dont know, i play cockpit view as you do, i play without any assist as you do, i might even actually faster than you as an arcade player.

To have flashback in practice mode is just like time accelerate in a game, both save player's time, so can you explain why time accelerate is not arcade but flashback is arcade ??

19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Thanks for the support. I very much like the one you mention above. This feature definitely help user to improve in a much shorter time and i dont know why some are so offend about it. They just keep on to claim the feature is arcade or unrealistic but then they still play GSC 2013 or AC while this 2 game actually have some arcade or unrealistic element.
    Ironic.

20. Robilon

Robilon Racer

Right on ;) If you are to play assetto corsa, why not play it as a simulator? If you want to play arcade, why not go play one of the many already available?
    Kunos isn't making the physics and realism for nothing?

Please do show me where I stated that. I said something very vice versa, please read.