1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I'd love the 959 to complement the F40. It's a proper boyhood dream.

Dream1979 and Epistolarius like this.
  2. joker182

joker182 Hardcore Simmer

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Smile and drive the 908, 962, 959, 911 GT3 or whatever else takes your fancy ;)

Accepting the addition of the Panamera or Cayanne without complaint is the sim equivalent of taking one for the team...

4. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

Why is everyone complaining about Panamera? As a car guy, it is plain interesting for me to try and drive the wheels off of any car there is, even if only once, because I don't find it particularly interesting, like the old Fiat Abarth they added, or unnecessary variations of Lotuses. Its still fun to experience those.

5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Truedat. Eventually I'll try it out tbh.

Epistolarius and Mogster like this.
  6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Why if you say that you don't like something it's taken as complaining or in extreme cases as hating? Or is it OK only to be a "yes man"?

For me it's just ugly. But then there aren't too many modern cars that look good to me.

Linus27, Jebus and donShere like this.
  7. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Before there where cars i found ugly and after experiencing them in AC i love them.

AurusCE and djtopa like this.
  8. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

Conspiracy theory: Early Panameras' ugliness acceptance is a Clarckson effect, because of that, no matter how hard Porsche tries, the Panamera will always remain "ugly", even though after years of development, they have succeeded. Panamera does look nice now, at least for a Panamera.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

And the other way around *MP4*cough*

Georg Siebert likes this.
  10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I don't know what you mean, because I didn't/don't watch TG.
    "Look" isn't something that you can describe objectively as good or bad, it's different for everyone. The only issue is people who have problems with opinions that differ from theirs.

Jebus and After_Midnight like this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Okay, without going into detail about the Panamera and why I like it, because that's mostly subjective and debatable: I'm fairly certain the two Porsche DLC will have more than enough cars that will appeal to everyone (once they drive them at least), I'm fairly certain some people will be surprised once they drive the Panamera (that is, if the car is really getting implemented in the game), and regardless if people like the cars or not more cars for AC is a good thing and more cars in the collaboration between Kunos and Porsche should be positive for that partnership.

If I could decide over the content and had unlimited time and resources I would include every single model Porsche ever made (but I'm a biased Porsche guy... :p). Same for any other company with a sports/race car heritage.

Edelstahl and arthur666 like this.
  12. Apparently Porsche made a Panamera S (previous model), RWD and manual. Wouldn't have minded hooning one, modern day 928 haha.

Oh, btw... The new Panamera did 7:38 on the Ring. Welp.

13. spidiG

spidiG Racer

Aren't we getting a new track soon? Any news on that?

edit: redpack 14.7...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  14. Just one of these would be more then enough to justify the purchase of a 20 car pack (or two 10 car packs). Or a 924, or 944, or 968.

15. A 968 clubsport. I would love that!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

16. Turk

Turk Alien

It sort of looks like a sucked sweet, I think Porsche are to loyal to their design. They try way to hard to make all their cars look the same, I know it's a brand thing and most car companies do it but still, it's not like they have to make their suv look like a 911, or their saloon also look like the 911.

It's not like porsche don't know how to make lovely cars that don't look like a 911. Their new hybrid concept is one of the nicest looking cars I've ever seen. If the Porsche cars that aren't 911 had some extra freedom to not look like a 911, I think they could look an awful lot better.

I'm sure none of this is news to Porsche, they've been doing their own thing since they started and made the public change their mind rather than compromise, and I sort of respect that too. I suppose what your porsche looks like on the outside is other peoples problems not the porsches drivers.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I never said that I disliked the car. I just find it an odd model to be added to the game, that's all I said.
    But knowing Kunos I think they can convince most of us driving it often in-game :)

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

But that's part of the appeal... I love that they go that route and how the design at Porsche is generally evolutionary and driven by function over fancy designs (even though they still end up good looking). I love that the Neunelfer looks the same since the 901 in 1963 and in essence carries the same design principles as the Porsche/Tatra designs prior to WW2. And while their cars are all "same-y" they still manage to look better every time IMHO and none of the older designs look dated to me. Couldn't care less about people finding the brand boring, they just fail to appreciate the strengths of that approach. And that's perfectly fine, not everyone has to like the manufacturer and the cars.

I didn't say that you dislike the car. It wasn't even a response specifically addressing you, just a comment about that sentiment.

Turk likes this.
  19. fabT

fabT Alien

I don't like Panamera design really.
    I don't even like the idea behind it.

However i think i may understand why we are getting it in AC.

In 2015 Porsche sell figures registered +19% worldwide.
    That said "The Panamera and Boxster models lagged behind the previous year levels".
    http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=972

I think it's perfectly reasonable Porsche ( and not Kunos ) is actually willing to push Panamera marketing-wise.
    Hence (also) the inclusion into AC.

Maybe we'll soon get the boxster as well?
    If so i'm fine with that, as long as we get some juicy 911s as well ...

20. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Adding the Porsche Panamera is a very strange choice for becoming official Assetto Corsa content. It's an amazing car. There is no debate about that...the performance is quite incredible for it's class of automobile. Full-sized luxury sedans are an odd choice for a "racing simulator", in my opinion. The good news is, nobody can make you drive it, if you don't want to. Personally, I'm not a very big fan of the car in real life, however, I'm sure I will be taking it for a few laps around the Nordschleife! The big news for me is knowing the date when I can finally take an Aventador SV out for laps in AC. Lamborghini's have always been my favorite exotic brand and this model is spectacular!