1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

Damn it! Porsche couldn't hold on any longer, why??? The new 2017 Carrera S is turbocharged. Environment concern is bull**** for sports and supercars, there are so few, they shouldn't bother.
    Anyway, as you have already guessed I was really hoping for N/A Carrera.

At least all GT3 marked cars will be N/A. GT3 RS, GT3 Carrera Cup, GT3 R and RSR. 2017 RSR (GTE) is said to be turbo as well, so I hope, if we are getting one, its going to be 2016 car. Plus another good reason we should get GT3 R (competitor for R8 GT3, M6 GT3 and so on), its one of the last of its kind and it sounds epic.

Sound test starts at 1 minute in. Before you talk about performance, don't forget: new one is PDK and AWD. Yes new one has ton of low end torque, the point of a sports car is to rev it out so, I would say old one still wins.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    djtopa likes this.
  2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

it seems the majority want luxury cars in their sim, based on the poll from years ago anyway. aston martin quite high in the poll :/
    most probably want some sort of current, trendy gt model though I imagine.

3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

donShere likes this.
  4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Anybody has any idea on what @Minolin (the creator of Minorating and Helicorsa) has been up to recently? Just saw this today on Twitter:
    Screenshot_2016-06-30-22-40-39.png

TERRA21 and AccAkut like this.
  5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I know how you feel. I've always disliked turbos. Turbo's nowadays aren't like the turbo's of the past. My brother and I took a Carrera S (991.1) out for a test drive and boy you have to rev that thing to make it move. Low-end torque just isn't really there. Now, that might not be the worst thing in the world, depending on how you look at it. My brother ended up going with a BMW M4 over the Carrera S solely because he hated the way the engine delivered power, or the lack of, at anything but very high revs. The new Carrera S (991.2) is said to have gobs of torque coming on much earlier than the 991.1... These days turbo lag (in better cars like the Carrera S or M4) is hardly noticeable, if noticeable at all. They don't sound completely terrible like they used to either. Still, I know a lot of people are going to want to stay NA and I get it. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to have much of a choice in the coming years. Gotta save the polar bears and such...

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id say something to do with track boundaries, he didsay somewhere minorating had no idea where the track was or something along those lines.

Guidofoc and AurusCE like this.
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yep, mentioned recently in the drivers thread. im not sure how I feel about neg MR for off track though. I never do an in lap in Q just pull safely onto grass and back to pit. im sure Minolin has it covered though :)

8. Turk

Turk Alien

Porsches are a bit like fine wine, they get better with age. Older porsches do look really good. I understand the whole porsche look thing, I get why people would like it. It just seems like a lot of restriction to put on a design crew (although it could help at the same time), when the reins are removed and porsche do something different they can often make spectacular cars. It's a marmite thing I suppose. Despite my misgivings about the outside and even though I've never driven one, my opinion of the internals are that it's top notch, it's a drivers car.

I don't mind it at all, it's a good chance to try the car out. Maybe when Vr takes off better in the future it'll be possible for 4 people to go for a spin in the same car.

Because turbos give more power, therefore they're better. I don't really get the hate for turbos. Such an easy way to get extra power I don't see why all cars shouldn't have them. Like ALB123 points out, modern turbos are barely noticeable (until they break down), they're a more integral part of the engine rather than just a bolt on like in the olden days.

Alexandr66 likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Worng thread but as this is the suggestions thread after all. :D

Regarding escape to pits I would like a server option that would not allow a person back out during the session after escaping to pit.

This would stop people slamming on the brakes across the line and going to pit and if you wanted more stints in qualy youd need to fuel for in lap and also manage your time better. This would also keep those that keep crashing and escaping back to pit from getting in everyones way in both qualy and race.

Only as an option and on a per session setting. Could be disabled for practice but forced in qualy or race. Possible to go further and allow a timelimit to resume or end session for the person. The same code could be used to close session for late joiners but still let them join a server.

The other thing I would want along these lines is not to be able to escape to pit while on valid track. This could be an issue on street tracks but people stopping on track to pit during a busy session is enough to make me kick them at times.

The way it is though everyone does pull over and escape back, those doing it off track without effecting others Im ok with while there is no other option. Maybe a server setting for those that stop on valid track and escape to pit equals kick/exit server would be a start.

10. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Full album: https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1456360434390270

11. Forgot10

Forgot10 Gamer

Only 7 cars. :(

12. Topuz

Topuz Hardcore Simmer

The PP filter seems completely overhauled.

13. joker182

joker182 Hardcore Simmer

Maserati 250f
    Aventador

Let's try and guess the other 5 Haa - you know me, I'm throwing out the F138, and we all noticed SandroX (URD) stopped working on the Sf-15t and that's unusually so maybe that's verging dreamland haha

asehauDLM likes this.
  14. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

Better than none, right?

miky, asehauDLM and Tino66 like this.
  15. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

:D

Put it in your signature, please. ;)

16. Some people seem to be forgetting that Assetto Corsa is also a driving simulator. Why the hell shouldn't we get the Panamera? There are plenty of other road cars in AC, some of which are a lot less "sporty" than the Porsche Panamera. I don't mind people saying that they don't like the car, but to suggest that it doesn't "belong" in AC is just plain daft. I am really looking forward to driving the car, together with any other road cars that are released.

Freddie Seng, zazza, Fear and 4 others like this.
  17. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Love AC and never thinked twice about buying the DLC the day it appears, so far, but i might actually skip this one. Japanese dlc seems like it was released 20 days ago.
    And the content seems the least appealing so far.

Sent from mTalk

18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

when you say 7 cars do you mean you have done S1 versions of everything. though i imagine S1 version of the SV would be a WMD

19. Turk

Turk Alien

I really think these road cars need some roads to drive on. Road cars are always going to be second best on a track, but the roles are reversed on the road.

claudiopolez and Epistolarius like this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

the dlc includes a new circuit = instabuy for me and that 250f is the main car ive been waiting for.

grat, Ischemica, asehauDLM and 5 others like this.