1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the Facebook thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Even a good mod won't come close to a laserscanned version of a track imo. I've driven the mod and sure as hell it's good but you notice the flaws on it quite fast (too smooth, kerbs, ...)

Tiago Lima likes this.
  2. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

If it could be an Alfa....
    [​IMG]

Also driven by Fangio.

SMOKING__MONKEY3 and Luca Zari like this.
  3. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

The mod is good enough for me. People had overhyped how good is laser scan. Laser scan is just one of the ways to survey, not the holy grail that replaces every form of surveying. The only major benefit with laser scan is the output of it fits into game development very well. Other than that, CAD or any other ways are still viable ways to produce good tracks.

The pack seemed to offer barely anything I want. I rather skip it than buy a pack with 1-2 cars I want and a track I didn't enjoy much.

Protoduct likes this.
  4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Do whatever you like.
    Why should we even care?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

R3V3NG3 BR, DaveS78, joker182 and 3 others like this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah. Your kind isn't welcome here. Go away.

@[LYN]Cheesenium That was sarcasm. I feel similiar, but others obiviously don't. :D

mister dog and nate like this.
  6. I bought the Japanese Pack on day 1 and I don't care a damn thing about every single car included (and there's no track either to cope with...). It's a way of supporting Kunos as a developer, in order to give them the opportunity to create content I like in the future.

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk

7. [​IMG]

8. If you only want to race at the RedBull Ring offline, then that's fine. However, if you want to race there online you will need to get the official track, because hardly anyone is going to bother with a mod version when the Kunos laserscanned version is available. The chances are that very few cars in this pack will be "my cup of tea", but the RedBull Ring and Aventador SV are more than enough for me to part with my money.

9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

developer sympathy can be a dangerous thing though at times, not saying i dont trust kunos but there have been things like this which have lead to pretty bad developer mentalities. Payday 2 and killing floor 2 being the most public examples changing their progression methods or adding microtransaction that provide a benefit, this kind of crap is extremely popular with free to play stuff

10. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

On a positive note.
    I love F1 cars. I love this pack.
    The Aventador is a bonus.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Opinions can change very rapidly, you know. ;)

ekosan likes this.
  12. myimac

myimac Alien

I would hope your head could be turned.

First of all regarding the track:

Laserscan is not the holy grail, but Kunos tracks do stand head and shoulders above others. It's their attention to detail that brings the combination of laser-scan, optimisation and graphical fidelity. Others do well and some content could become official content but there is a level of polish that kunos would add to them.

For the cars:

The only way I can counter your argument about not liking cars is this. Prior to playing Assetto I would avoid cars that seemed boring or I disliked, but after playing Assetto I learned to enjoy each cars unique character.

You may not like this packs selection but if this was released as free content I can assure you that at least 1 or 2 cars in the pack would make you raise your eyebrows in surprise at how much fun you have with them.

Closing points:

Open wheel cars, race cars, road cars. I often hear people discount whole categories because they don't fit their chosen category. This to me is stupidity. It's like choosing girlfriends by ignoring all girls with black hair. Each girl has their own personality and traits and cars are the same.

Pricing of Kunos packs is always amazing, buying this pack encourages the chance that another pack will come. That is enough for me as I want kunos to keep improving the game. I do wonder if some people put as much thought and analysis into their £5 Big Mac meal as they do weighing up the DLC. "I prefer 100% organic beef and a fat content of less then 1%"

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is not important to post if you are interested in the pack or not. And even more I don't understand why other people should care. Kunos have been doing their best to please everybody, by giving us quite various content. Skipping pack can be done, buying pack in 2025 probably can be done too. Main reason to buy DLC as soon as possible IMO is how much more alive multiplayer becomes for some time.

Lets be a bit less self centered.

In terms of being self entered :D My favorite was Bonus Pack with Zandvoort, 5 cars was enough, and non laser scanned track wasn't an issue. Less cars in a pack has its pros, multiplayer is more focused then, less scattered. IMO 5 cars and a track was best. Would have payed for it lol, however I think it is super nice to give us some free presents from time to time ;)

nate and ekosan like this.
  14. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...I don't prefer fat at all :)

BTW, maybe "It's like choosing boyfriends by ignoring all boys without muscles" :D < this is for girls though...

Also, this pack won't bring you down for a fortune, but it will sure help Kunos develop next content, so... this one is already in my library (I know, it's not out yet, just saying).

...and one thing more, I do own a PS4 too, and it was not hard for me to give up some money for their effort even if I own a game on PC with all it's DLCs'...
    I always said, if a product is good, support the one who made it, and you will get even more...

Cheers...

15. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

No developer should get sympathy or loyalty money from me because I like their products.

Plus, I'm not too keen of how Kunos handling their licenses. It is nice that Kunos had been obtaining many great license, I felt that they had been underutilizing many of the licenses that game has. Too many license, somehow some licenses felt like they arent even there because they took barely anything from them despite they have a lot of cars to offer.

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Uuuuh … what?

Nick Moxley, AccAkut and nate like this.
  17. myimac

myimac Alien

Good points, the license game at kunos is weak. I'm going to my other games that have Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maclaren, Porsche amongst others.

The original vision for Assetto was a few tracks and cars, they have barely moved on from that.

Loyalty payments are not required. From some, myself included, Kunos get goodwill payments. This is because we see the value of the work they have done and the bonus content which we haven't paid for.

Essentially 1.7 arrives due to the fact that their DLC will help fund it. So regardless of whether you buy the new DLC you will benefit from it regardless. So maybe a little bit of appreciation might be nice

dk78 and nate like this.
  18. Guys as far as I know there's no "underutilized license" here... Each car is licensed as a single item. Only Lotus has issued a "manufacturer license".
    When they say "we have acquired Lamborghini license" they mean they have an agreement with the brand, but after that they have to purchase rights for each car they wanna put into the game/simulation individually. It's pricey as hell to acquire license for the full manufacturer lineup and only "Triple A" titles can afford that way of licensing.

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk

R3V3NG3 BR, AccAkut, nate and 2 others like this.
  19. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Can we expect sparks effect in the new version? Think I had read about it some where, but it is not shown at the new trailers.

20. Saberfang

Saberfang Gamer

I actually have the complete opposite opinion :) I hope what remains to unveil aren't more open wheeler and not multiple version of the 488gtb. I need something more iconic like the 330 p4 or if we have to get more maserati the mc12 or the original birdcage.

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

@xel likes this.