1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Servers take too long to start the race

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Jun 21, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

True, I didn't realised that you can make it with friends but open.

But I don't know why I have to replicate it several times. I've already showed with the video that this problem happens. Also all the people that posted here and on the thread of the bug section except you have suffered this. What else the developer needs? Im not here to do their job.

And like bradleyland said, it could be difficult trying to convince other people to loose an hour or more to find a problem they dont face with because it probably only happens on open lobbies.

2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

All the people??

About this problem in this tread i count you, Bradley and OdeFinn reporting the race start delay.

Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-45-27.jpg

In your report of online... Only on replying... That maked 4 users.

Screenshot_2017-07-07-11-47-00.jpg

One more post from Bradley, 0 replies..
    And other posts I've seen don't talk about this issue..

So 4-5 users of a huge community... Mmm

Sure that I'm not the only one that doesn't have that kind of issue.

I remember you what happened with the feature request of button mapping, how the community moved and opened one post after other full of replies that maked kunos change their minds and include it In a future update.

And I'm not saying that the issue don't exist, but with a group of FRIENDS you sure in less of an hour can investigate a bit more what causes it to do a real good report.

Like i said, i ofer you my help, because i also want to see the game improving.
    Even if i personaly don't use public lobbies i respect those that can find "fun" in them.

And yes, like I've said before, your videos shows that it happens.
    But not why or the maner to replicate it.

In this state,and with very low number of users reporting it.. Kunos can easily think that it is a isolated little issue that don't need ASAP fix / attention.

So if you investigate and find a way to replicate it every time and report it a good way, it can become a more important issue that attracts kunos attention and start working on it.

Look at fbetes with the G29 issue, a good video showing how to reperoduce the issue every single time and that with a good report Lord Kunos came aware an put the team working on the fix for the 1.15 update.

3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

All the people in the threads reconize this problem. Huge community? Are you kidding? There are like 4 or 5 active threads in the more active section of the console forum. The console forum is dead since a couple of weeks.

If you dont belive get in some nordschleife open lobby full of players. I bet my copy of Assetto corsa that you will have the same problem at the first try.

Isolated issue? I wish. The proof of that is that I managed to record the video at the first try, just a day or two after the thread was created. It doesnt even need to get in some nordschleife lobby, just look at any nordschleife lobby at qualifying and look at it after half hour.

If I have to work that hard for every bug Assetto Corsa on PS4 has, I will not end even when AC2 will be released.

There are enough proofs that this problem exist, it's very serious and it's no isolated. If they want to solve it, fine. If not, I will spend my time in other things.

Reinart86 and bradleyland like this.
  4. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Players online now on Ps4 there are a lot!
    Private lobbies brought really a second life to the game...

Here's a race clasification table of just one website i know (every category is a lobby)

http://ces.com.es/wp-content/uploads/LNAC-T01R04-Clasificación.pdf

So yes, community is quite big enough.

Like i said, if you want help to search the cause of the issue i will be pleased to help you.

And once again, the videos only shows that there is a problem with race starts
    Not what it is the causes of it or the way to replicate the issue every single time.

Look at the bug reports of the PC version, there people report issues and try out how to reperoduce the issue /bug every time before doing a report.

That's the way assetto worked from beginning..
    As console users we aren't habituated at this kind of support.
    We are habituated that they launch a full game, and if there's a bug issue they fix it without saying nothing.

Assetto offers to the players an opportunity to improve the game.

The report system between user and kunos could be better, yes for sure!
    Would like feedback as the PC version.
    But that's The fault of 505Games that is the one that do the support and marketing of the console version.

So while you spend your time playing it's easy to also try out open lobby configs with some friends... And so You do 2 things in one time... Have some fun with the mates and finding out what causes the issue..

Open mind!

5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

It's not closed minded to refuse to accept your bull**** framework of proof. It is not my responsibility to test all the scenarios you come up with.

I paid for a game. I've reported a bug that I've observed. It's not whining to point out that a product is broken. Quit being such a ****ing dick.

Reinart86 likes this.
  6. bradleyland

That's really interesting, and seems like a good candidate for a possible cause. I've seen the problem most frequently at circuits with long lap times. The longer the lap time, the longer the time between the end of qualifying (0:00 on the timer) and the end of the "qualifying limit" time frame. This means that circuits with long lap times have a greater chance of experiencing the issue, because there is more time to join. That would also explain why private lobbies don't experience the issue (because it's less likely someone will join late).

7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Nice childish unrespectful behaviour...

You just lost all reason with insulting a person who just came, give an opinion and stretches a hand to help find out what causes the issue of the game.

8. bradleyland

As if you haven't spent the last two pages throwing shade at anyone who refuses to accept your mandate that we spend hours testing out arbitrary scenarios in an effort to fix a product that we paid for? Now you're going to try and claim some kind of moral high ground? That's rich. I give exactly zero ****s about your respect.

9. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

It would really help this discussion if Kunos acknowledged the problem and could give so sort of timeframe for having a solution.

One of the triggers that can definitely start a race after the timeout has occurred is crossing the finish line. I have caused the start to be triggered many times on the longer tracks by just finishing a lap, so I always try to finish my laps. (I don't remember if this works on an out lap or only a flying lap.)

I am not saying that this is the ONLY thing that triggers a start, but it definitely is one of them.

bradleyland and SlimCharles like this.
  10. bradleyland

Yeah, I've seen that same thing. It's like, randomly crossing the finish line will kick the server out of limbo. Only works sometimes though. Really bizarre.

Reinart86 and SlimCharles like this.
  11. MasterGT

MasterGT Gamer

It's not all that bizarre, but it sure would be nice to know what all of the start criteria are, though.

12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I race yesterday and it happened the same thing: qualify limbo on nordschleife, I finish the lap (not a clean lap) and the race begins.

13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

4 months, and this incredible serious problem is still there.

[​IMG]

14. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

I don't really think there should be any option to keep anyone on track after qualy ends. When qualy ends all matches should move to race start right away. If you didn't have a chance to finish your lap, too bad. This just happens way too often and it's frustrating to wait half an hour to play a match.

Attached Files:

15. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

This idea that everyone should stay on boxes for the race to start is unfeasible on public lobbies where you can't coordinate and people keep going out to the track because they get bored of waiting. It should be ditched asap

SlimCharles likes this.
  16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Totally agree. It would be much more simple for the people to know when the race starts, it would leave no place for bugs like this one, it would make the lobbies to run faster...

17. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

When you enter a lobby you already know how much qualy time is left. If I come in with five minutes left I want to have five minutes and start racing, not having extended to half an hour. If I want more qualy time I'll join a lobby with more qualy time left. Simple.

bradleyland and SlimCharles like this.
  18. bradleyland

What we need is a "Qualify Limit" setting of "Immediate", which would start the race immediately upon the end of the qualifying period, regardless of participants' lap status.

pippo10 likes this.
  19. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I recall someone mentioning here about when joining lobbies we have no way of knowing how many laps the race is ( might have been yourself ), and Lord Kunos said they would add it to the info. So hopefully next update we will get more user friendly additions.

20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Nah. What is the Qualify limit usefull to? In a public online where the lobbies are set by the people, the less options available, the better**. With something that causes so many problems and offers no advantages (at least I can't think about single one), the advisable is to eliminate it.

**Even more when we cant see the options of the lobby. So if they add that option, exists the possibility that you get into a lobby, but you don't know if the person that created the lobby set the "Immediate" option. So, you wait until the beginning of the race to find out that they guy set the Qualify limit on.

Stefano said that they would try it, but it's not for sure.

pippo10 likes this.