1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Servers take too long to start the race

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Jun 21, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Nobody said you were lying. But clearly what you said is not the case of everyone else: because people are saying it here and because it happens to me every single time (so it happens to all the people of the lobbies I get into).

Two options: what you say it's true and all the people has to be on the box so the race start (if not the race is delayed for a random time until it starts) or it's a bug. In both cases it's a very serious mistake by Kunos and should be solved ASAP.

It's possible that this bug only happens in open lobbies.

PD: Open multiplayer is reaching a point that it is barely unplayable.

2. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Like i said, i don't play in open lobbies, i really hate them.
    So i just can talk about the "private" lobbies...
    And those just given a new life to assetto corsa console version!

Assetto Corsa was nearly dead for those that looks forward to good competitive racing leagues, and now it's alive again..

In one month our "virtual team" grown up from 0 members up to 18 and getting more and more request to join us.

Also, one of the leagues we are participating in, like i mentioned, got above 160 drivers allocated in 12 categorys (full lobbies)

Public lobbies are only worth a play if they got a rating system as Iracing.
    So You set a open lobby with a minimum drivers level requirement and then you can enjoy a simulation game as it should.

Meanwhile, best place to be are private lobbies with people who loves simracing and take it seriously.

Have fun outside there in public lobbies with kamikazes,dive bommers, children and no sense lobby configs ;)

3. IllestD

IllestD Gamer

Please can I join if you have space?:)

4. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well, we are all Spanish, but yes why not!
    I will pleased to help you in language terms if you want to join us.
    Send me a PM and we talk about it :)

IllestD likes this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I also play on leagues, but I also like to play on public lobbies because you cant play on the leagues whenever you want to. And not having an online rating it's no excuse for having the public MP neglected like Kunos have done: half of the lobbies with stability control (with all kind of cars that dont have it in real life), 5-10 of 30-40 lobbies that can be raced in less than half an hour, GT3 lobbies with the 911 GT3 cup (people confuse it with the 911 GT3 R), cars with unrealistic aids... And like we see, Im not the only one complaining.

The public multiplayer will be always a little useless without rating, but can be at least pleasant. Kunos should retake the control of the public lobbies (like before the patch), then should update the lobbies very frequently with standard configurations (like before the patch) while changing only the track/cars configuration (with the aproval of the community with some kind of weekly poll or something) and added to that, could create the same lobbies with no aids at all (because it seems it is the best way to scare off rammers).

Either that or adding filters, puting some order and giving us the ability to find lobbies we want quicker. Something must be done.

IllestD likes this.
  6. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

No one is saying you're lying and no one is saying your intentions were bad, we're simply pointing out that you are unjustifiably certain about your conclusion (that players must be in the pit box for a race to start). It happens to all of us. Don't sweat it; just recognize when you've made a mistake and own it or move on. Pretty simple, really.

The "Race Delay" setting configures the count down timer that you see after qualifying session ends, and everyone is on the grid. This problem is different. The session remains in "Qualifying" indefinitely. As SimCharles has pointed out, it has something to do with the game not recognizing the end of the qualifying session, regardless of "Qualify Limit" setting. Possible reasons are:

- Server is waiting for someone to finish a valid lap
    - Server is waiting for all players to set a qualifying lap
    - A player joins late (after the qualifying time is 0:00, but before the qualifying session ends)
    - Some other unidentified reason

All we know for certain is that the servers frequently get hung up in qualifying limbo, and there's no consistent solution that can be implemented in a public lobby where you cannot enforce cooperation.

In short, there are too many variables to say conclusively what conditions might contribute to the problem, or to work around it. I am 100% certain that being in the pit boxes is not required to start a race.

SlimCharles likes this.
  7. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Why i did a mistake? Give my opinion a try with people you know and figure out what causes the problem.

Like i mentioned, on our private leagues and daily trainings we don't get once the problem.

Only in one race the start bugged and we all started from inside the pitlane and we see the remaining lap counter.

We vote reset and no problem.

So i dicide to move on and keep enyoin the private lobbies.
    Like i mentioned, i hate public lobbies, Don't touch them in GT6,Project C.A.R.S, assetto, Driveclub, F1 2016,Dirt rally...
    And didn't touch assetto online until last patch because even with lobbies from assetto team set it was unpleasant and unplayable with dive bommers, kamikazes or people that don't know how to drive, quiters or that doesn't know a racing etiquette.

And slimcharles, if you really want you can participate in private leagues every day.. Just has to search.
    I play practically every day in private lobbies and with some good fun. :)

8. bradleyland

You don't understand the difference between a fact and an opinion. A fact can be proven correct or incorrect. You're so concerned with being right that you're willing to make a fool of yourself to remain convinced of your correctness.

9. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I came here to give my OPINION with the FACT that ME and MORE than 160 players from a racing league DONT gets the bug /issues with THE settings i Mentioned in first instance.

Also in the first page i said GIVE IT A LOOK and in the last post i said GIVE IT A TRY with people who you knows TO FIND OUT THE PROBLEM.

That is an opinion in fact.

And also i just came here to put my experience and opinion and try to help.

Didn't hear see here anyone who tried out what I've said, and that is also a Fact.

If you guys want to make a good bug / issue report, first find out what causes the problem and how to reperoduce it every single time.

Because like i said in my opinion given and what is a fact is that i don't gave encountered the issue mentioned on single time.

So, if me and 160+ people who after a qualification session stays in box and the race start normal... It's a fact that you guys should try out with a group of friends that and other things in my opinion.

See you around :)

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Nobody has to try out this. It's a fact that on open lobbies this bug appears almost every time, and I proved it already with the video.

The race finally started even with people on the track, so I doubt that "qualifying limbo" has something to do with the people staying or not on the box.

The fact that in that limbo you can not set laps and that this problem happens very erratically (sometimes more time, sometimes doesnt even apear) definetly makes me think it is an issue from the servers.

bradleyland likes this.
  11. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

You even don't know what provoked the race start delays...

How can you report a issue / bug without a way to replicate it every single time.

If you don't try out nothing with a group of friends trying different lobby configs.
    With people in box, with people on track, entering and exiting the lobby..

In the video you just proved nothing.. Only that the race start don't start when it should.

But not a maner to replicate the issue / bug every time.

And that is a fact if you don't try things out you don't gonna achieve to find out what causes the problem.

Its also a Fact that me and a more than 160 players in a racing leagues with 12 lobbies full and at same time the race start normal with all players staying in box once qualy session time ended.

If you guys replies every person like me and Don't listen an opinion or someone who wants to help some users.. Well, man,what an intoxicating forum it became.

Like i said, let childish behaviour at home, and if you want to report to kunos a issue/bug in conditions make sure how replicate it every single time.
    And the way to achieve this is trying out.

Like they say in Spanish
    "bájate del burro hombre"

Example of a good report.

Game and platform :
    Assetto corsa V1.14 PlayStation 4

Issue / bug:
    Online race doesn't start when it should after the qualifying session in a public set lobby.

Screenshot of lobby config below :
    (lobby config screenshot)

Way to replicate this issue:
    (Xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxx)
    Videos with the way to replicate the issue every time below as extra information.
    (video)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    @P73 likes this.
  12. bradleyland

Last night I spun around in my chair three times and the qualifying limbo went away. Until you try that, your argument is invalid ;)

SlimCharles likes this.
  13. bradleyland

Please just stop posting. You claim to be trying to help, but you're not helping. You're just frustrating SlimCharles.

Not every problem can be easily reproduced. As a customer, it's not my responsibility to reproduce bugs. It's a nice thing that community members can do to contribute, but when a bug is difficult to reproduce, it ultimately becomes the developer's responsibility to suggest test scenarios so that we can provide useful feedback.

You've said, repeatedly, that you do not race in public lobbies, and are therefore not subject to the kinds of conditions that produce qualifying limbo. Yet you persist in posting to a thread wherein the topic is qualifying limbo. Ipso facto, you are unqualified to participate in the discussion.

SlimCharles likes this.
  14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Let's collect the facts and be clear. I want this problem solved.

Everyone in this thread and the thread of the bug section I opened reconize this problem (almost all the times the qualifying takes much more time than it should).

You say it doesn't happen to you. You also say you only play on private lobbies. You also say this problem can be solved if all the people stay in the box when the qualifying time ends. This is one, impossible in an open lobby (even less without a chat box or something that allows you to comunicate with the rest of the drivers) and two, it's probably not true because if it was true the qualifying time would never end (and like I showed on the video, the race started with people still on the track).

What could be true is that the "qualifying limbo" gets solved magically if all the people stays on the pit. Like I said, impossible to do on a open lobby.

My experience is that this happens almost every time on open lobbies. In nordschleife takes much more time than in the rest of the tracks. And it appears mostly when the driver list is full. So there you are: the longer the track the longer the driver list, this issue is more noticeable.

The video I posted shows that the qualifying takes 30 minutes more that what it should, with people still on the track.

Conclusion: whatever the f*ck it is, this problem must be solved by Kunos ASAP.

bradleyland likes this.
  15. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

That is why you should try out.

You are the first that knows that Kunos is a real small team, and the console version team even smaller.

So why not to try to replicate it every single time and so help more the development team ..

This game works like that on PC...they launch an update, players try and play, reports bugs issues and then they fix.

And yes, i know, the difference in support is huge between platforms and really bad in console without 505Games doing their job as it would.

But even, it's worth to try and find out so you can report good to the development team.

That is also why i said to open a PUBLIC lobby With KNOWN people or a group of FRIENDS.
    For full lobby and be able to communicate effectively with 16 players/friends you have Discord app free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...app&pcampaignid=APPU_1_M7xeWaqFM8PegAarrIHwBA

You can also try to open a PUBLIC lobby With KNOWN people or FRIENDS
    Configuring to be only 8 cars available. (so only 8 players can enter)
    And use the PlayStation voice chat application.

I offer you my help to do this if you want so...
    Like i said, i just wanted to help you out.

Now it's up to you.

16. bradleyland

You're out of your mind if you think this is a reasonable customer expectation.

Your suggestions aren't helpful because, as it has been stated many times before, qualifying limbo does not always happen. No one is sure how to make it happen. It only happens sometimes. Therefore, even if we engage in your contrived test scenario where everyone stays in their pit box, it won't prove anything, because we cannot reliably cause qualifying limbo to begin with.

17. bradleyland

To be clear, I'm perfectly happy to participate in testing myself, but this issue is more complicated than any reasonable person would expect a player to test. Especially considering no one even knows how to cause qualifying limbo. It just happens sometimes.

18. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

Hi guys. I have never tried consoles but I think the reason for race not starting is probably the same as on pc. If a new player connect, the session cannot change before connect is completed. I think sometimes a user disconnects or lose connection while joining game and then the server has to time out. This is probably something kunos should look into.

19. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

If you don't try things out you don't will find out what causes the problem.

I didn't say neither that the only thing to test is strictly staying in box...
    With a group of FRIENDS you can TRY DIFERENT configurations.
    And no one is sure how to reperoduce the qualifying limbo because nobody has taken a time to TRY THINGS out.

Man you got a really negative mind.
    Open it and be more positive..

20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Could be, because the system to open servers (public and private) is quite the same as on PC, with the difference that it's implemented in the main game.
    But netcode could be practical the same.

That is why i suggested those two guys to give things a try with a group of friends so that the cause of it can be found or not.

But seems that they are a bit closed mind.
    It's more easy to whine around here instead do some research and testing and then do a report in conditions.