1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

can we stop with million screenshots in this thread please.

there is screenshot thread in other section of forum.

nate likes this.
  2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I simply make sure that I focus most of the acceleration after the apex & try to keep that Gball on the deceleration phase before the apex.

3. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Nice lap, what is that app that shows the friction circle? First time I see it

Alexandr66 likes this.
  4. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Strangely I had (saw)those NEW DLC Special Events tuesday in my UI but since I did a few integrity checks and had a freeze moment including redownloading AC fully, the NEW DLC Special Events do NOT APPEAR anymore in my UI????
    EDIT : They're still there but just on(right arrow click) 'page 14' sorry. *shame*

Cheers
    Robin

5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

f_deutsch and Alexandr66 like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Can someone please tag the sound designers? I want to thank them because IMO the Ferrari pack is their masterpiece! The cars sound crisp, natural and powerful. Loving it.

7. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

The SF70H engine dies a bit easy? Example; https://streamable.com/k9w5x I know its realistic but most cars in AC can take a hit like this.

8. SimplyBanana

SimplyBanana Rookie

The external sounds of the F2004 were absolutely nailed. I would have bought the pack even if it were just the F2004.

bgil66, miky, LeDude83 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

Oh, so that's how you're supposed to drive it! No wonder I'm not feeling it: I can't counter-steer at all. If I start to lose the back, there's almost no chance I can catch it. So I have to baby the hell out of cars like that which makes them... unsatisfying.

I was even going to record a video of how it goes when I'm driving the 250 GTO, but it was too embarrassing to save. :)

10. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's more like how should drive in driving simulators. Feather the throttle a little bit before the apex(aka early on throttle) doesn't work & you end up driving the wrong line or exit massively slower because less traction to go forward.

11. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

The throttle pedal on old days was very profound, you can deal with the massive torque because from none to full throttle you have a big space and many tons of aceleration.

Using a normal pedal by Logitech or Thrustmaster is not the ideal way to deal with these old cars.

12. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

This is the best I can get out of the 250 GTO:

Did I hit any apexes? Maybe! (Though not on purpose. ;) ) But I'm at least excited that I managed to keep the car at a reasonable speed without spinning it or otherwise crashing and that's good enough for me. :) (And, yeah, I totally cheated and gave myself ABS.)

And, hey, 0:08.429 seconds off the top RSR time (106.05%) is well within the norm for me in any car. :D

13. Maybe it's just because it's shiny and new, but the 812 Superfast is quickly becoming one of my favorite flappy paddle cars.

[​IMG]

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

They should call it 812 SuperPlanted. :D It is probably good fun in the wet track.

458 is the best PDK car IMO :)

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That's like asking which tropical disease is better, Malaria or Cholera …

16. Didnt know Ferrari stole Porsche's transmissions.

LChaves and nate like this.
  17. slopps

slopps Simracer

i have to say the more i play the F2004, the less I'm impressed with it. .

1. Force feedback, circa Race 07 - when you turn in over the slip angle point the steering immediately lightens up suggesting a very defined front slip angle. That's fine - at least its communicating it, but the amount by which the steering lightens up doesn't make sense and its completely different to the way the SF70 (and the other f1 cars in the game) convey understeer. ANd because of that looseness, if you plant the throttle to send weight rear and ride the traction control, its difficult to be completely precise with the oversteer you try and induce using the weight.

I need to do a proper stint in it but my first impressions are primarily because of that feel issue, it makes it an odd car to drive.

2. The onboard sounds, i duno why people are raving on about them, i think maybe because we've got so used to the horrid V6 hybrids that this takes us back to the glory days. In reality - if you want a decent sound job, just go and look at any of VRC's f1 mods.
    They sounds incredibly 'tinny' and 'flat', like the audio has just been recorded off a bad youtube video and mixed in.
    And there aren't anywhere Near enough spluttering, backfire type crackling noises under braking and downshifting, which was a normal characteristic of the v10's in that time.

Infact just listening to any of the onboards of the F2004 on youtube now - the sounds Suck ingame. They really do. But i'm not surprised as this is traditional at Kunos (sorry, its true - i worship them when it comes to physics and understanding feel but their sound guy needs firing - even though he did a surprisingly good job with the Superfast).

I think the SF70 is excellent - and it compares well with the F1 2017 Hybrid car - Ignoring the serious throttle map issue to one side which i'm sure theyll fix soon - its feel on corner exit where you can really balance the car properly with inputs, the way the FFB weights up in a precise way as the speeed builds, its excellent and drives as i'd expect it to. (i use a direct drive small Mige wheel so i really do get the full 'bandwidth' unlike you poor folk on the consumer garbage :))

But the F2004 is almost the opposite, its difficult to hustle and throw around like Michael did, Because of that weird ffb on the front slip angle you basically have to drive it 100% smooth to get the best out of it. Now that could, COULD be setup and maybe if i can tune it to get the car planted, then fine, but Unlike the SF70 where i really feel its driving like what we see on TV when i'm at the cars limits, and where i can do things in it like what i see on TV - i don't get that impression with the F2004 at the limits.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

There is no FFB problem with the F2004.

19. slopps

slopps Simracer

If you are going to respond to my post - Quote directly what i said - Then respond and explain why what I have said is wrong.
    Otherwise your comment is worthless and i'll ignore it.

I might as well respond to you with "There is a FFB problem with the F2004".

i'm sure that will be conducive to a good discussion (sarcasm)

thanks