1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I should have quoted the post above my own.

2. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Comparing two different cars dont make any sense.

It is like comparing the SF-70H with other else car on the F1 2017 grid. Behaviour will be different than Red Bull, Mercedes-Benz or other car from the grid.

Comparing a real car with a fictional, make less sense.

One question here. If you think the Assetto Corsa cant simulate well a F1 car, what Lotus 98t you think is the best on all sims on the market?

In my opinion, there isnt a Lotus 98t on the makert made so well compared the version of Assetto Corsa.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Of those that I tried the AC version is definitely the best. :cool:

Ok, it's the only one I tried … but it's still an amazing car. :D

Trezoitao38 and mantasisg 2 like this.
  4. Certainly our F1 isn't more accurate, since it's not based on any car. We just pretended to make a generic 2017 car with somewhat believable performance (btw it will be updated soon-ish). Anyway, usually Kunos F1 cars lack downforce, it's not just the 2017 car but many others. For instance the F2004 has the downforce levels of the Ferrari F1 2000 (and I have very precise data about that car). There are setup sheets on the Internet proving this as well (I once posted it on RD). You don't have to trust me, but there is evidence.

Then again, this is by no means any attack or anything like that, I am having a lot of fun with the SF70H. Way more than driving the historic Ferraris :D

5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

98T 4ever

Shame it is too much to ask for online racing

Once I got into one kool server, but because reasons I couldn't hear the engine at the Acque Minerale, and it was over : (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

: (((

: (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( : ((((((((((

6. Psit

Psit Alien

Yeah for some strange reason that you really dont know eh? :p

7. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

While i do doubt it's downforce numbers, they seem strange and i even spotted something inconsistent (you can read about it here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ferrari-sf70h-physic-car-is-correct.47318/page-3) in them, i enjoy driving it.

I am slower to compared to the real laptimes when compared to where i was with the 2015 car however.

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It was TV with nearly full sound on. You can not drive such car without engine sound.

Orne likes this.
  9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I had my scariest moment in AC in the Lotus 98T. Was pushing it around Nordschleife when suddenly the driving belt of my old Fanatec wheel snapped.
    So there you are in your car and suddenly you can feel that your wheel is not connected to the car anymore and the car just goes straight into the wheel …
    Even though it was a sim, that triggered a bit of a "omg, that's bad!" feeling. :D

And yes, I was still pulling the steering wheel around even though it was obvious that it didn't do anything anymore. A bit like Buemi:

:D

10. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Well downforce is not only one peak value, it's the whole aeromap that needs to be looked into, aeromaps are certainly not the same, but they do follow some general rules ... maybe kunos openwheelers simply do not follow them, which can change the experienced feeling completely.