1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. This just got me thinking (and testing) - accordning to my theory the camber shouldn't make any or at least minimal difference to actual grip for these tyres in AC, so what is causing you guys to report that the Neg Camber is helping, because I know you guys are not bad or slow drivers so know what you're talking about.

Then I had a thought; just because camber isn't affecting grip, that doesn't mean it can't affect the way in which it 'drives' the car (I'm lacking the proper terminology here, hope you understand what I mean).

Think about a bicycle, when you lean the wheels, the bike will 'drive' in that direction.
    So if that theory works in AC, then yes, camber should add 'stability' as you guys are reporting, as its effectively like adding toe in; ie. the car wheel pushes in the direction of the camber.

Sure enough I just did a quick test using a vintage tyres, which will produce no more or less grip in any camber angle - but put the left wheels at +2 degrees and the left wheels at -2 degrees - and as predicted the car drives to the right even though the toe angle is pointing straight ahead.
    So in conclusion, I think you guys are definitely correct to use more negative camber even in these vintage tyres to improve stability, even if you are not actually gaining any actual grip as you would in a modern tyre.

Couple of pics of my test: In both cases I have camber set to +2/-2 at each side, and flipped for the other run. Toe is set to zero, and I just drove forward without steering each time form the pitbox - you can see the results are obvious:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

...o_O
    ...:rolleyes:

One step closer to ad to my special list...

:p

sissydriver likes this.
  3. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Camber thrust is the term you are looking for.

4. Thanks! Yup, knew there would be a proper term for it, I'm not just clever enough to know it :D

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thx, but I’m out...;)

6. I have just tested the updated Ferrari 250 GTO for the first time, and what a difference! The release version was a wibbly wobbly mess from fantasy nightmare land, so thank God that this has been corrected. I am now two seconds quicker @ Silverstone National, and the car is approximately one million times more enjoyable to drive.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    bgil66, Schnipp and liakjim like this.
  7. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I love it too, but I still find it to be a bit temperamental from time to time. However, that seems realistic to me considering we're talking about very early 60s technology & manufacturing. The Ford GT40 doesn't keep me on my toes quite as much as the 350 GTO, but she'll still kick me in the nads every now and again.

The Ferrari 312/67 is quickly becoming a favorite car of mine. I haven't done any proper testing as today is the first time I've had more than 10-15 minutes to drive it. I'm curious to see how it does against the Lotus Type 49. Does anyone already have the answer to that question? There is also that 1967 F1 mod to use as comparison, I suppose, but the Lotus Type 49 is my main interest. Whipping the Ferrari 312/67 around 60's Hockenheim GP is so much fun - it's such a high-speed track.

This is by far the best question I've ever read on this forum. THE BEST. :rolleyes: o_O

8. I'm sorry if it sounded harsh because that wasn't my intention at all. Just badly phrased.

It was meant to say that I think RSS Hybrid has the best and most natural feeling race car force feedback in AC and I wasn't sure have Kunos themselves driven any mod cars. The difference is huge.

ALB123 and magzire like this.
  9. magzire

magzire Alien

100% agree and the people I race with say the exact same, that's why I find it very hard to enjoy their new F1s knowing they could feel better. It's a huge step down in terms of feel.

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...c-1-15-discuss-away.47229/page-29#post-928521 (cant use "link function" atm here - firefox is getting nuts ...)
    page 28 is the beginning (you were involved ;))

11. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Thanks for the link...I don't know how I forgot about that post - I do remember reading Aristotelis' post before I made my comments above. I was running laps with both on the 1960s Hockenheim mod track. A nice, old, FAST track. I was 2 seconds quicker with the Lotus and possibly could have been 2.5s. I'm not a fast driver by any means, was but running at a good race pace (for me). I'll have to try a twistier track next. :)

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

On the few classic tracks I tried them, AC stock tracks, ofc, and Bridgehampton, Goodwood, Riverside, old Fuji and Thompson Road, the Lotus was always 1-2 seconds faster. As it should be!
    The 49 Lotus destroyed its competition like that...... if it managed to not fall apart. ;)
    This is something AC does not simulate. Adding reliability issues in ACE would be great imo. I only cannot imagine a way to implement this properly and foremost believable.

sissydriver and arthur666 like this.
  13. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I finally had the time to test drive the.. post-op 250 GTO. Hmm. Just a few laps at Magione to shave 2.5 secs off my previous best, and on a not so great lap. At Silverstone it doesn't feel that fun any longer. I guess I'll get used to it but

14. Orne

Orne Alien

Not fun anymore ? Reduce the track grip ! ha !

15. There was nothing fun about driving the 250 GTO in its original form. I prefer my simulated cars to behave like real world cars ;)

liakjim likes this.
  16. Orne

Orne Alien

It was fun like the Maserati 250F is fun, hahahah. Although I will say the 250 GTO in its original form was a great trainer. After 20 laps at 94% grip at Historic Zandvoort , I had no problems driving any other car in AC at speed with decent lap times. It was like running with a weight vest on for a week then running a race the next day without it.

I kinda wish the v1.0 250 GTO would return as a prototype version as it really helped me hone my car handling skills to a finer edge than any other car in AC. The next best car for this is the Maserati 250F

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

You stil can. Try to drive Lotus 98t with 100% turbo with hard tyres on dusty track.

Whitestar likes this.
  18. Orne

Orne Alien

While the 98t with max turbo and hard tyres, dusty track is a brutal combination. I'd argue that the Maserati 250F V12 on a dusty track is a closer approximation although passing through 1st and 2nd gear is still considerably easier than it was with the original iteration of the 250 GTO.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  19. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Heheh, that sounds like a proper recipe for disaster.

ALB123 and Trezoitao38 like this.
  20. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

NA engine cars suffer less with less grip situations. Can be harder, but compared to turbo engine cars is nothing. The Maseratis 250F are slower on less grip, but the handling remains the same. The Lotus 98t go another way, With much grip the car becomes easy to drive. But, with less grip the turbo lag is more evident, you have a situation when the engine is not making any power, and you have to put more throttle to not make the car slow down. Them, the boost come and you have a problem.

F40 S3 and Ruf CTR with 100% boost is the same.