1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari DLC & 1.15 - Discuss Away

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Schnipp, Sep 19, 2017.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Thanks @matz_AUT

I was looking for Q times but couldn't locate them. One of the problems with my '67 mod is that most cars are now very close to each other with the new AI. So it seems the Ferrari being 1.5s slower is realistic, but I need to tone down other AI cars even further.

Apologies to Kunos then. I didn't expect such differences in the real cars between Lotus and Ferrari.

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The Ferrari 312 was an amazing F1 car for the time...
    Unfortunately for Ferrari, the Lotus with the Cosworth engine was an incredible chassis/engine combo for the next 10 years... and let's just not throw Jim Clark in the equation...

xystof, Ferdi, AC_RAF and 10 others like this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

With Ferraris 1967 driver nightmare going on I think it's hard to work out just how good or bad the 67 312 actually was.

John Surtees leaving in 66 left Ferrari without an experienced team lead then Bandini was killed at Monaco, Parkes badly injured at Spa. Surtees left as he thought Enzo was preoccupied with sportscar racing which seems to have been the case.

xystof and Aristotelis like this.
  4. Yeah, when its just damped if you can manage to keep heat in your dries you'll be fine. So drive harder :D

Mogster likes this.
  5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Chris Amon was relatively inexperienced but is generally considered an excellent driver, if not perhaps at Clark's level and incredibly unlucky (in terms of reliability - he did survive this lethal era). His view of the Ferrari was its chassis was very good but the engine didn't live up to its power output claims in race conditions.

6. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

The Superfast made Black Cat County fun to me, pretty much the only car that can do that.

LeDude83, paul_wev and Orne like this.
  7. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Still loving the 288 GTO. Taming its understeer with a little trail-braking, then getting on the gas early to spool up the turbos is endlessly amusing. It's really making me work on my left-foot braking.

After getting competent with the 288, the F40 feels like a GT3 racecar. Going back to that car is a real treat.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Luis Branco likes this.
  8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm starting with the 288 GTO but surely is my emotional side working (it's my dream car since teenager) because as soon started driving it I stopped to tell my wife I finally have the car I wanted.
    She just looked with a funny face, probably thinking that finally I lost whatever reason I still had and went way mumbling "oh my god, what I have to live with.".:D

But as being fun is the word of the day, if you want to have great fun (seriously :D), set your time of day and weather of choice and take the 312 '67 to Nords (still didn’t try it with the GTO, but have to)
    Don't even bother with lap times, just drive as if there wasn't tomorrow and I have no doubt that you'll have a blast of fun.
    I had some friends to dinner at home last Sunday and one of them (tifosi) asked if I could take a spin with the 312 '67 at Nords (never tried before) and, I say, amazing fun.:cool:

SlimRacer, chksix and arthur666 like this.
  9. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Why medium tyres are better than soft tyres for F2004 for some tracks for hotlapping?

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Because tyre compounds have a certain optimal temperature (and optimal pressure) window and on some tracks under certain conditions with certain setups and depending on your driving style you might be able to keep the tyres in that window better = be faster with a harder compound?

Keep an eye on the tyre app.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

It happened....
    I finally enjoyed Silverstone GP! In a modern F1 car!
    Driving the SF70H there without great expectations I for the first time managed to notice this circuits great flow. How the lines come together very naturally. Never ever did that in my preferred but slower cars. In fact Silverstone GP was always a no Go for me. Not this time. :)
    And the 2017 F1 Ferrari is a gorgeous car in it’s own right. Finnacky and demanding and quick as hell. Not nearly as on rails as the 2004 version. Ok let’s not talk lap times here as I will never be competitive in those, but lots of fun to be found where I never expected it.
    Thanks to all those who voted for the SF70H ;)

Jebus, mms, arthur666 and 4 others like this.
  12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

The SF70H is a damn cool car, but the aero gadgetry looks a tad stoopid ;)

But, just to consider: With the same pack we got a F1 car from 1967, and 2017. 50 years of Formula One development bookended. Pretty cool. Now all we need is a '87 Ferrari and a '97 Ferrari.

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually even more, there is now cars from almost every decade of F1 and in most of the important configurations.
    There is only one decade missing completely and that is the 90s.
    Fortunately there was the 643 mod on RD, which was pretty good, but unfortunately, it's no longer available for unknown reason.

14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

True, we have the earlier 60s Lotus, the Maserati from the 50s, the Turbo Lotus from the 80s. The V10 and V8 from recent decades too. Indeed a pretty solid mix. There's also a good MP4/4 around somewhere. To me as an open-wheel fan the licensed content in AC always has been exceptionally varied.

The 643 Ferrari is still available for free at the ASR Formula website. I guess RD demands that all mods are exclusively hosted there, that may be the reason. If ASR ever came about to finish their four or five 1991 cars THAT would be a race worth having.

15. 1.15.2
    - New Spearhead design liveries added for the Porsche 991 GT3 R and 991II GT3 Cup cars
    - Ferrari SF70H improved turbo spool and less turbo pressure loss at coast
    - Ferrari SF70H improved turbo boost ers aid to balance power delivery on lower gears
    - Ferrari SF70H improved linearity on ERS "Balanced Low" and "Balanced high" modes
    - Ferrari SF70H new ERS "Linear" mode. Total linearity, might finish the battery and or energy per lap, sooner.
    - McLaren P1 GTR improved Electronic Brake Bias values
    - Mazda MX5 adjusted front suspension bumpdown travel.
    - Ferrari 250 GTO improved grip and handling
    - Various cars have been updated in their suspension bottom bumpstop values.
    - Rebalanced "Like no Other" and "Unusual Sounds" special events

Topuz, LeDude83, neddyie116 and 6 others like this.
  16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Actually thinking about the cars that went into 2nd to 9th place:
    - 512M
    - 488 GTE
    - 1984 Testarossa
    - F50
    - F12 TDF
    - Enzo
    - 575 GTC
    - 1991 641 F1

That's 8 cars with a pretty decent and balanced collection (street/race, old/new cars) that would make for a very nice second Ferrari pack.
    Would also (apart from the F12 TDF) complement the current pack very well.
    Not expecting a second pack, just saying. ;)

Also, on another note, did you guys notice that they added "FP" to the Ferrari Pack owners in the DLC overview?
    Not quite sure why that is there, but not the R2R pack.

17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Oh yeash !!! Here we go, gonna be jumping and driving 250GTO a lot !

18. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

No, the guys from ASR had a spat with another user on RD and the moderators didn't do anything to stop the user although they thought something had to be done and reported him, so ASR threw a hissy fit and deleted all their mods from RD.
    You can also get them at http://www.drivingitalia.net

19. Orne

Orne Alien

250 GTO is dat butta now !! Wooooooooooooooo, fresh Gucci linen ! I improved my best historic Zandvoort time by 3 plus seconds (94% grip) Car is considerably more planted and controllable in 2nd gear. In hindsight it almost felt like 250 GTO v.1 had more HP and was overpowering its chassis.

To my laymen brain the 250 handling in v2.0 seems more logical. The initial version was harder to drive than the Maserati 250F which didn't make much sense, although I enjoyed its handling and accepted it if that was truly how it was.

Version 2.0 is more like a Shelby Cobra which makes more sense, at least to me

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    LeDude83, mantasisg 2 and AlleyViper like this.
  20. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Can't wait to try the 250GTO in the evening

mantasisg 2 likes this.