1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. So glad rf2 has that license instead of AC; would have been the first dlc that I would have either skipped or only bought when it went on sale to support the devs. Heavy open wheel cars with no sounds on chicane infested street tracks; no thanks.

3. Cars that are too slow (and uncapable) to race on proper racing circuits. Wonderful DLC. I'm so excited. :p

nate likes this.
  4. Whilst it may not be the most exciting to drive (IRL or even more so in a sim), its a great championship to follow. Great calibre of drivers, close racing throughout. Tracks are forgettable, but they promote close racing which is good enough for me.

Will be interesting to check out the regen stuff, see how much management it takes throughout a race stint.

marmagas likes this.
  5. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

The 2017 Ferrar F1 also has "no sound" and everybody wanted it for AC.
    I remember the past as sim racing games has no good sound and still some of them has no good sound and people still drive them cause of the nice car or physics.
    But for sure, the Formula E is the most controversial racing series of all time, ppl love it or hate it. But for the pure driving experience of the car, the power management and the street circuits and believe it or not, also the very nice sounds, its unique and very promising!

VinceSchulz and marmagas like this.
  6. SunBro

SunBro Alien

You're doing the sounds, aren't you? :D

miky and Cote Dazur like this.
  7. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Doesn´t matter :) its my personal opinion about the Formula E

8. chakko

chakko Alien

Quoted for truth. :p

Guess it's the only stuff they can afford to license...

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Didn't we see a lot of vids of an ugly and buggy RF2 FE version? That the RL drivers mistook for Destruction Derby?

SunBro likes this.
  10. SunBro

SunBro Alien

My mind still hurts from watching that stream. Many people criticized the graphics etc. I was fine with all of them. But the drivers.... oh my f'ing god the drivers.... so clueless...

11. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

rF2 or AC??

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  12. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

They can make them attend the event, but can't make them give a rats ***.

13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

A few shots from that trailer makes the track look okay in graphics. I tried some FE esports event earlier doing some hot lapping, but the environment was modeled really ugly (street circuit, rough surroundings, bland and bad texture overall, etc) that I didn't want to spend time in the game. I'm not particularly picky on graphics, but I hope that this time their track can look better.

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Maybe they thought it was just a video game, the irony. :D

15. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I just noticed that SRS now supported 3 RF2 series, but it seems that no one has joined the race so far. Would love to see more people trying it out.

16. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

This season will start today 27/11/2017 and end on 07/01/2017 and feature 2 road series and 1 Oval series.
    Hope to attract new blood,good move though!
    Current rf2 drivers are already fixed in leagues.

17. chakko

chakko Alien

I was considering doing a race in the USF2000. Damn fun car.

Just wondering but... will there be wet races in SRS?

18. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

From RD:

"If you are interested to know what the new Formula E DLC feels like out on circuit we have something that might interest you... On Wednesday 29th around 20:30 GMT we will be streaming a talk and drive interview with Marcel Offermans as we check out the new cars and tracks. Keep an eye out at RD in the next day or two for more details..."

http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ation-of-formula-e-dlc-drop-next-week.144250/

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think this is a great opportunity Studio 397 gave the undecided to correct their pagan views of worshiping the fire god. Soon FE will be flooding the puplic servers with converted aliens seeking salvation for their gasoline infested souls. Or something like that. :D
    I, for one, am really looking forward to the Formula e DLC

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Hmmm... Formula E, slightly more interesting than F1, GT3/GTE but slightly less interesting than everything else.