1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discuss rFactor2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I don't have enough experience with the "E" cars to have any prejudice at this point so I'll have to spend some time with them or just go by what the majority reports. As long as rF2 gets some more quality content in the long run, I see it as being a good thing and hopefully, it ultimately leads to more quality content overall.

Mostly, I'd like to have some Touring & GT4 class content to fill in some of the gaps going forward but, Classic Race Cars are always a plus too.

2. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

You mean watching or sim-racing?

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Racing, I've never watched a GT3 race in my life.

4. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

I'm not big fan of GT cars either.
    But how dare you to compare F1 and GT3/GTE? :p
    F1 is something special. Speed, sound, quick reactions...

Generally I love open wheelers but I am sceptical about these FE cars. Youtube onboard real life videos don't look promising
    But we'll see. If the cars are done well then I could get joy out of them.
    There were several times when I was pleasantly surprised with mods that I thought I wouldn't like .

Andy-R likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Closed wheel prototypes capture my imagination more. Of all the open wheelers in RF2 the classic F3 is most enjoyable to me... I couldnt be bothered to plug my wheel in to try modern F1 :p

6. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I was all about F1 when I first got involved in Sim-racing but, now it just "too fast & furious" for me. :p:D

8. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Same with me but I always go back to F1 (of an era) when I feel a need for speed.
    Sometimes I get bored waiting for a corner to come in some low powered vehicle playing on my laptop with cheapest logitech wheel. In those moments uncontrollable overpowered beasts that need focus and make me sweat help with immersion.
    I guess in VR with DD wheel, shifter, good pedals and motion rig driving 50 hp car alone on oval track would be fun.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I think i'm probably unusual in that I find a better sense of speed in slower cars, in AC anyway. I remember being blown away in iRacing by the sense of power/speed in the 2 classic Lotus F1 cars and the Williams as well. In AC I find I'm more aware of speed when I'm urging the car to gain an extra mile per hour rather than when I'm flying along at warp speed... I dont feel like I'm going faster (obviously) but I'm enjoying the gain in speed more and am more aware of it.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Formula E pack is out: https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/7g5a2e/rfactor_2_formula_e_energize_pack_2018_now/

A bit pricey for me as I am not interested in Formula E to begin with… Reading the comments on Reddit and on Studio397 website the pack also feels not as polished as I hoped either (reused keybinds of other functions, AI unable to finish full length race, ability to "add fuel" in pit).

Also finally there are some people who realize AC is not the only sim that doesn't allow you to race against cars that you don't own.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Oh, you have to pay for the battery formula cars?
    It's a joke

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, the Formula e DLC feels and drives good!
    It’s a deal blokes.

DaveS78 likes this.
  13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Nah I still think other open wheelers drive equally good or better, and they are more charm.

nate likes this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

OK, good to hear your opinion.

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I watched Jimmy Broadbent's FE stream yesterday, and I must say I'm not impressed with the racecraft. While I image it being a change gameplaywise going for appropriate efficiency instead of max speed and that maybe adding a layer of tactics, the accelerate - coast - brake dance ist just not very appealing to me. Neither is the track, nor the price point. The whole concept seems to be a bit like those classic rallys where old british people drive around france in their Jaguars trying to average a certain time. Top Gear had a special about that once. Here you have to average a certain energy output per lap.

What I do like is the model of the car, and it's drivng behavior, which seems to be very true to reality, going by grip, torque curves and so on. The infrastructure around it certainly needs to accomodate the oddities of the FE better (car swaps, dedicated key bindings, etc) and also needs some polish (refueling :D). I also like that rF2 is now a step closer to implementing hybrid tech.

All in all a big step in a good direction imo, just not my cup of tea.

16. St3fan

St3fan Alien

My taste for openwheelers is quite ruined, or maybe spoiled is a better word, by my recent purchase of RSS mods :p

magzire and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  17. Anyone tried the hotlap competition ? Did some laps today, car's pretty good tbh.

18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Is it worth buying? Track price seems pretty high considering it's small, pretty much noname and non universal/usable track for other series.
    Looks like they are trying to cash out, like with mclaren competition.
    While I am here sitting & waiting for new UI and a proper fullscreen micro stuttering fixes.

19. Jack Bancroft

Jack Bancroft Simracer

20. emha76

emha76 Gamer