1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

0.7 Update - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you for your kind works... we are a bit burned down from work, but feedback like this, keeps us going!
    Regarding AI, we do work behind the scenes and deep into the code, both in terms of collisions and performance. You might not notice big improvements but we slowly laying groundwork and improving.
    We are also working on two main issues of the AI, namely aggressiveness and race start awareness and we're pretty sure that soon™ you will see some big breakthroughs.

A little bit more patience and we will deliver, thanks for supporting us.

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

OMG the sound of the S1...Much power, such cool!

3. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

THE CAR IS -------F A N T A S T I C---------.
    Steering feel it`s mind blowing,the speed, the sound, the track it`s superb...if the new F1 official game isn`t gonna be made by Kunos i`l be very disapointed ( i know it wont :( ) ...but Codemasters got NOTHING on this...can`t even touch it.
    Awesome job guys !

Shaddix, Anuj, Ethan Dean and 3 others like this.
  4. insertcoolname

insertcoolname Simracer

I´m loving this new car! The only problem is every time I break is a smoke festival :D I´ll have to adapt to it :)

Hanzales and alex72 like this.
  5. Thank you Kunos staff... absolutely brilliant work as always.

Hanzales likes this.
  6. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Simracer

Love the new Lotus and the fact that there's a new track to drive on! I noticed that with the new Lotus @ Imola, the car starts rolling down the hill right at the menu in "Hotlap" mode, before driving/car adjustments. So if you make adjustments to the car, you might find that it's already in the beach when you start to drive.

Thanks for the update!

barrelbreak and AugGust like this.
  7. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Disappointed with the lack of apparent AI updates, the closer this gets to 1.0 the more work in this area is required especially as they have seemingly not changed much in the last couple of updates (Erractic behavior being one of the major flaws for me).

Nurburgring looks good and the new car is nice but AC is still yet to give me that itch to constantly play it. Was kinda hoping I'd be "there" with it by now but I'm not, no biggy as there's still a long way to go yet and I'm still hopeful it will ring true and I wont be able to put it down....not "there" yet though.

8. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Good update I love the new track! Just made a run with the evora S2 and I note that the FFB is really stronger and the wheel seems to move faster. Am I the only one with this feel?
    Also had a little performance improvement

9. Eric

Eric Simracer

Wow. Thanks KS

10. This is the very best update so far - thanks to the whole team :)

11. alex72

alex72 Alien

Car and track = magnificent! Awesome work Kunos! :cool:

Man that car have to be treated with respect. So alert and powerful. :D

Jason Madigan likes this.
  12. deepblue

deepblue Racer

Thank you so much guys for this update!

AC is my favourite sim, I'm enjoying it every time when I'm driving around with a car from that great choices of already available cars. And now my most anticipated track is also available, a laser-scanned Nürburgring! During the year I'm almost every 2nd Weekend driving to the Nürburgring, so I'm sure it will be a blast driving on this track on the best sim available today (imho). My biggest dream will come true in September, with the release of a highly accurate Version of the Nordschleife! On this announcement near Christmas last year I almost danced in my room because I was so happy!!!

Keep it going Kunos, I'm sure you will do it!

13. 1. Nice track!
    2. exos 125, for me a bit dissapointing, the ffb is so weak, the car feels very loose, the dash to me it is useless prety much the rpm leds on all the time,
    and also i find this in all cars when you have a powerslide it allways bounces to the opposite direction and end up doind pendulum, or saneke dance, even if i did not apply any countersteer at all, i had not this issue with nk pro, i find the ks2 miles better than this in terms of feel, i hope you can improve it.

Lorimer likes this.
  14. Colt Rogers

Colt Rogers Simracer

Wow the stage 1 or F1 version of the T125 is a shock for sure...howls the T125 feeling as far as steering FFB with FANATEC wheels? I am so curious and so working for a few more hours....on the bright side I will be playing ALL weekend! Thanks Kunos for making this Friday even better than it was already! GOB BLESS KUNOS

15. Darren Blythe

Darren Blythe Hardcore Simmer

Well i dunno if it's just me but i'm feeling significant improvements in the AI. They are kinda more assertive but less dangerous. Maybe i'm imagining it, or maybe i just got lucky but i'm impressed nontheless.

Oh and the Exos is sublime, as is Nurburgring GP. Magnificent job guys, whenever you're feeling burned out just take a step back and look at what you're achieving. I know it's tough - and us lot don't make it easy lol, but piece by piece you are rewriting the sim rulebook. It might not seem like it sometimes, but everyone of us is very grateful for your work. Just keep doing what you're doing ;)

Jason Madigan, geg, Fat Rich and 5 others like this.
  16. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

Oh, eh, don't know what to say. Really more then I expected. I thought you guys are working on it behind the scenes and I'm fully aware that it's a lot of work, effort and it will take more time, but your response made me even much more happy offline simracer! :) I'm maybe too much into finishing last, rather then hit anybody and make him crash so that is why I always enjoy AI races more, but with MP later I'm sure I will jump in again as well. Learned a lot of things about clean and safe racing and awareness last year so I will give it a chance again for sure. At least it's impossible for me to not enjoy all of the aspects of your great sim! Still enjoying alsmost all of the other titles too, but much less then earlier and with much less driving joy factor. I.e. my wheel really smile at me each time I'll start AC finally at the end :) For which I'm really grateful!

Jason Madigan likes this.
  17. alex72

alex72 Alien

Kunos said in posts above you that there are improvements to the AI, but under the hood, foundation for whats to come. Cmon man be happy of the things we do have that is awesome. AI will be good - just give it time. ;)

18. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

yeah did'nt see his post (did'nt read the thread before I posted), as he says though more to come and that's fine with me, I'll be back when that happens :)

19. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooo

I can't play till sunday night :'( Everyone is saying how awesome the T125 is and with the s1 upgrade i just so want to play it on the new track!! Argh, so very jealous of everyone playing it!!!

Keep up the amazing work Kunos!!!

EDIT: So want to race the T125 at Silverstone, think it will be awesome on that track, its great with single seaters

20. Temeter

Temeter Gamer

Btw, has someone else small problems with resolution/image quality since the patch?
    I'm using 1920x1080, but the screen looks a bit blurred, especially in the distance. Most notably the aliasing is more visible, as if i'm running at a lower resolution and the upscaling 'exagerates' the steppings - even though i'm using 8xAA and no FXAA.