1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1.5 Update is out!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by VTX, Mar 31, 2016.

1. tabis

tabis Simracer

Oki doki, lets go for DDays :eek: :D

2. Did I said something wrong or why the quote? What I actually meant was exactly the opposite. Just pointing out the discrepancy behind it. :)

Minolin likes this.
  3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I have to say that oddly, collisions have been really good for me for a long time... WTF pinball moments haven't been an issue for me, recently. This however looks amazing. It's a new level I'd say and I need to crash someone in the next MP race. Sorry @V8_KB :p

The visible damage on top...marvellous. Fantastic job Stefano.

4. :eek: Eeek!!! Back to the cage you coderbeast! *whipcrack*
    Instead of dutch coffee, we need to get you on a cup of calming jasmine tea for few days. Your stress is bad for all of us. :(
    While you're at it with your tea, watch a pretty dutch lady sing in front of an amazing Finnish metal band. Works like a charm, everytime.

Last, but not least:
    Ignore the ignorance! Time for a break from the forums mister. Save the sanity!

ps. Spectator mode confirmed! :oops:

That is the reason that we have Assetto Corsa as it stands today; Simulator that is not only made with creative passion for the sport, but a simulator that also breeds the same passion in it's fans.
    Maybe being hot blooded is a virtue and fault at the same time, in either case, I think the passion sprouts out of the woodworks in Assetto Corsa, and that is not an easy thing to achieve on purpose when creating something.

Indeed! ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. It would be nice thought to know ping between the clients in that video, is not the same 30ms than 250ms

Sent using Tapatalk

6. I didn't know she was Dutch.. what a great song.

7. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

No, no, a promise is a promise, so....
    Spec mode confirmed.
    :D

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Uh oh... well we'll see who will get who! :cool:

Not sure if I'll be able to race tonight tho. I'll try to be on for the KS test server, but not sure otherwise... eh OT... Sorry.

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. Well, the standard BMW M3 E30 now feels completely different to the S1. I can feel the "stiffness" in the latter, whereas the standard car is now much more unstable through corners. A quick check has revealed that the rear negative camber values for the standard car are now much higher than the S1. The cars felt almost identical prior to this update, so has this been changed?

10. Racert46

Racert46 Simracer

Great work on the 1.5 updates, it is really good! Thank you guys for the ongoing support.:D
    The A.I. cars are getting really nice to race against but there is one thing that has been bugging me.
    Why do they always start with the steering in full lock? it looks so odd when starting the race.
    Is there a reason for this and could it be improved?

Looking forward to the 18th of May, I saw a small advertising billboard on the black cat track:)

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

One less positive thing I noticed with 1.5 so far is this, and I'm not certain if it is the game (I had to revert to Nvidia's 362.00 driver due to the stability issues mentioned in another thread):

[​IMG]

However, surprisingly this is now possible for me - running a full grid of 36 cars (with the additional pits mod, more than the game supports stock on official tracks of course), randomly chosen by the game from all official GT2/GT3 cars currently ingame:

[​IMG]

No 99% CPU load warning and slow down in cockpit view while staying above 30fps. Granted, I'll not play like that because of the increased input-lag due to the framerate/frametimes - but while I might experience generally slightly lower performance previously it wasn't possible for me to run 36 cars at once without that warning and that 'slow motion' effect. Only some mod cars and tracks do that now. Given my dated CPU that's seems pretty good to me.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Seria17hri11er likes this.
  12. really loving the update and polish all around! Love the Mustang, Abarth and the new track! ;) The reverb effect could be further tuned though...

13. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Reminds me of the early 80's hard rock - at least she's a real woman.

Freddy sounded more like a man than they do (did).....

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm the only one who thinks

is huge? Brake light flickering is off, steering looks really credible now. Combined with the new pace at nurburgring layouts the AI is really enjoyable now.

15. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Blamer likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

At least its not me this time :D

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yup, I just had a longer race against the AI and it's hugely improved now IMHO.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  18. Nao

Nao Alien

Oh boy, the 1.5.5 collision changes are pretty sweet, nevermind the back of the filed wrecking themselves less... tactical bumps are now a thing at the front of the pack, got schooled twice today already :p . I foresee a steady decline of MR for people that race in no downforce cars haha (when MR gets unfrozen). Idk if i should be happy or cry in a corner :D lol

Seria17hri11er, Ace Pumpkin and TDS like this.
  19. Sean

Sean Simracer

- MODDING: BRAKE_POWER_MULT setup option is now correctly expressed in % and can be used for modded content
    - Fixed typo on Lotus 98T soft compound slipangle value
    - Fixed Lotus 98T engine limiter sound for higher rev limiter than default
    - Fixed bad naming on Lotus Exos S1 medium and hard heat curves
    - Modified Drift cars steering lock.
    - Bugfixing and optimization on Imola, Silverstone, Vallelunga, Spa, Black Cat County circuits
    - Improved smoothness of AI driving style

- Improved collisions in multiplayer
    - Improved AI fuel planning strategies
    - Fixed tatuusfa1 at vallelunga hardcoded achievement
    - Added bonnet and bumper internal/external sound switch on Volume App

Thanks very much for this, quite a big improvement! Tested this evening.

TDS likes this.
  20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Code that decreases the penalty for lower relative speeds is in the forge.