1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

I've entered my current times and will update as needed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Totall Wrytoff and Lewisxbone like this.
  2. Thanks LG!
    Oh no, I'm going to have to try again!!!:D
    I spent HOURS getting to a 24.2 for the Supersports!

Moody's finished all 12 sectors across all three classes already! In sim mode!

I've done a column for total lap time.

I used the Norton for the Classics. All thoughts welcome....
    I tried the Norton for the Superbikes too, simply because it looks so excellent. But it seems more difficult to control. The 2019 BMW was effortless in comparison.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  3. Laughing Gravy

As far as the Classics are concerned I've only tried the Agusta and the Norton. Likewise my Superbike experience is limited to the Suter and the BMW, though I'm looking forward to sampling more choices from the tasty menu.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  4. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Those times I put in are simply what is listed on the leaderboard.

Struggling with the helmet & onboard cameras.

When I let off the brake the rider tucks back in behind the bubble, regardless of my control position input.

This results in my avatar bouncing up and down like zebedee on whizz.

I'm not completely blameless. I have the brake sensitivity turned way down. I've now realised that when I still have some light pressure on for trail braking, the game is not registering it, and the rider hunkers back down.

I need to change my style and increase the brake reaction a bit.

Even so, just give me manual tuck control. I'd like to get back in that bubble when I'm good and ready thank you.

Laughing Gravy and Lewisxbone like this.
  5. upload_2020-4-24_23-4-50.png
    Supersports, sector 2! Posting this because I don't believe it either. Took two massive gambles and got away with them.:p

Having seen Lewis' av. speed, I spent ages fiddling with the transmission.
    Top speed I've seen is 184mph, although I'm probably not looking at the display at the optimum times....:eek:

Took quite a while to manage the extra 10-15mph. Exponentially bally scary.
    Phew.
    Onto the big boys and some even faster, more shocking, mind wrenching images of sudden collisions with walls and lamp posts. That foetal position is excruciating!:)

Lewisxbone and Laughing Gravy like this.
  6. moodyryder

20200426_212832.jpg

Well, I wanted to get under 100 minutes for the Superbike TT.

The pit stops take about one minute each, so that means the laps have to be 16:20 or less.

My pb was 16:23 so it seemed unlikely.

I got a lap under 16 on lap1 off the standing start. Managed to keep the pace consistent around 16:10 or 17:10 for the outlaps. Nervous Nelly on lap 6 with the front tyre gone but kept it shiny side up and through with 51 seconds to spare.

For me, that was hard. I'm happy with 39th on the leaderboard.

Nearly seven and a half minutes off the top though.:)

Lewisxbone and Laughing Gravy like this.
  7. Belatedly -
    Sector 1, Week 1 results
    1st Lewis
    2nd Moody
    3rd LG
    4th Wrytoff

It is a bit apples and pears in terms of the un-level playing field:

Lewis - not to detract from his enormous talent, but clearly got some decent upgrades for all classes and good set-ups. Assist level unknown.
    Moody - upgrades unknown, but riding in full sim mode, so many, many layers of difficulty higher - what would you do with assists on...?
    LG - as ever a very dark horse!:D
    TW - the DLC upgrades which are only for the 600, but with stock settings (this week only.) Multiple assists on - Racing line, combined brakes, auto trans, TCS, auto tuck and Chase 2 view. I've now worked out how to tune the transmission, which is paying massive dividends for sector 2.

I've had an afternoon riding with helmet can and all assists off, just brilliant, but I'm not (and may never be!) up to speed like that for the time trials!!:rolleyes:

On the spreadsheet:
    Apologies if the "Supersports" sheet has looked a mess recently, I'm trying to inset a function in the Overall/ Totals/ Lap column (C).
    I can't get the times to sum... anyone got any ideas? It doesn't like/ won't recognise the 00:00.000 format. If someone could help or share with a boffin that would be great.

A way around would be to enter the sector times in seconds so 01:15.007 would be 75.007.

I've got the Av Speed column to work for all classes.
    This now shows the average of the average speeds, where entered. :)

Moody's row shows his whole lap, the rest of us, the av of times we've entered so far. **

Final thought - Sector 2 is just insane.
    I see they've put a thin foam pad (red) around the lamp post at Ballagarey!
    I approached it directly at over 120mph and briefly saw it in very close detail, just giving me time to think "that's not going to....":D

**EDIT -
    I've adjusted this, so it shows average speed for sector 1 and 2 only, to square us all up, by av speed.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Lewisxbone likes this.
  8. RE Spreadsheet
    All sorted!
    I've now got the sector times to sum. All by myself!:D

It wont accept the form we are using - 00:00.000
    It will accept 00:00:00

So please, when inserting a time, could you drop a decimal place and use 00:00:00.
    I'll revise the layouts so we are static in our rows and take out the name columns.

Please join in, if anyone else is reading!:D
    --------

Congrats Moody!:cool:

Lewisxbone likes this.
  9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Question for Moody, have you picked up Motogp20?
    If you have, what are your thoughts on it?
    I’m really tempted but not sure if it’s an improvement over last years.

10. moodyryder

I haven't got it. I barely played '19 so I don't see much point.

Try looking on YouTube.

Robo46 does reviews and gameplay videos. He had had a bit of Milestone sposorsorship in the past but is still pretty objective. He's Xbox as well.

Pistol73 posts video of gameplay. He's a quality player but doesn't take it too seriously these days.

Also try One Racer, Njirk5211 and Wallydj. Not actually sure if Wally has it yet.

They've played all the games for years and know them inside out.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  11. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

The wife came home from essential shopping Monday, asked me to help unpack the bags, luckily I agreed and guess what ..... MotoGP 20 was in there underneath the Loo roll.

So far I’m really enjoying it.
    It seems a lot less understeery than last years and more realistic.
    Also the tyre wear and fuel now feel more sim.
    The career is much much better too with a lot more things to think about and do with the R&D department.

12. moodyryder

Good man.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Hopefully it might be a return to form for the franchise.

I think I'll save my coin for ACC though. I've had every Milestone bike game since Sbk 08. Some of them for both xbox & ps.

Sbk11, motoGP15 and Ride2 were fun. The Rossi game had a lot of content but I don't like Rossi. :)

The rest have just been reskins and random physics tweeks. Offline modes & careers never interested me.

I think I've given that frustrating Milanese developer enough money.

Rome spends whilst Milan earns they say. It's time for the Romans of Kunos to earn the money with ACC.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  13. How have you lot found the second one. Ive barely played it. I dont think the devs did a great job of making it playable to everyone by making you play through career to have an upgraded bike to be competitive online. In the first i still am fastest on the supersports (xbox) and was fastest on the superbikes until a few weeks back fore the second was released. Now without playing career i can barely keep up online. Ruins it for me

14. moodyryder

I prefer the 2nd game, it's a bit more accessible. I can concentrate on racing as opposed to just trying not to crash.

The bike upgrade thing is a bit weird, but there's a game update coming on the 26th of May apparently which will include changes to the online.

Hopefully a bike upgrade removal option will be one of them.

I have to admit it doesn't really make that much difference to me. Then again, I'm no where near the top of the leaderboards so I simply don't care.

When I go online, I want to run nice clean laps wth no crashes and I finish where I finish.

I'd like to see the hard-core mode implemented online. If you crash, you're out.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. Yea that would be good to see. If you have one or two crashes a lap due to going too fast you tend to have made that time up anyway when youve been lucky enough not to crash lol. Its a shame i think the game could be alot better and had high hopes for it and it is better than the first but still doesnt grab me enough to want to play it

16. Laughing Gravy

There was an update last week that fixed the issue with only being able to participate in one TT race for the season. Now you can race the Supersport, Superbike and the Senior at seasons end.
    Hopefully the upcoming update is more comprehensive.

17. Laughing Gravy

18. Just completed my first TT on the Supersport.
    And just delighted to finish.
    upload_2020-6-16_21-44-55.png

Laughing Gravy and moodyryder like this.
  19. moodyryder

No Sunday ride out as it's pouring down outside.

The Mrs. asks "why are you playing that garbage again?"

Indeed, my lover.

If only her name was Shirley.

20. Last night I took on the SuperSports TT, followed by the Superbike TT.
    These represent my 2nd and 3rd go at the TTs.

On reflection, it was probably a little bit too much!:rolleyes:

In the SuperSports, I finished 11th, best lap 18:26.
    So annoying, I crashed several times on the last lap.
    It could have been a top ten finish. Total time was around 74mins
    Still, a good improvement on 38th, my first go.

I then took on the Superbikes TT, fairly well refreshed, and was running well (one or two offs per lap and only overtaken once,) until I missed the pit entrance on the 2nd stop and had to reverse for about 30 secs, screaming at the thing! I then went to pieces on the 5th lap, crashing in every sector. I finished 31st, with a best lap of 17.56.

So I'm getting towards being competitive. but I think it's down to the very intensive evening with Moody on Thursday, where we did 4 x 1 lap TTs in a row! Thanks again Moody!

I've got the Senior TT to go and the 2019 BMW with all the bits fitted. If I can keep it upright, I can finish well. I'm building myself up for The Senior, this afternoon, I reckon. The target for a TT win is still August, but now I'm going to say, by end of August 2020!:D
    What an excellent game it is.
    Great fun and extremely tiring!:cool:

moodyryder and Laughing Gravy like this.