1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

458 Trofeo is freaking bumper cars

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

OK developers, why is the Ferrari trofeo like playing bumper cars? I am playing on easy and each time it take the lead, the number two cars gains and spins me off the track. I am careful with my racing line, I do not try to block, but every single time, I get spun out. If I bump the AI, they correct and drive on. I get nudged and I slide into the barrier. What gives?

Skemekos123 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Career mode -t2- monza 458 trofeo ai issues Dec 17, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 wiper issue Dec 4, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Graphic issue with wipers on Ferrari 458 GT2 on VR Dec 3, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition - Not recognized (XBoX) Oct 2, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel and pedals not recognized Jun 28, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Tmx 458 AC not able to turn all the Xbox One Jun 6, 2020
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 458 GT2 Interlagos 1.32.692 Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia no ffb Dec 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 458 italia steering wheel Dec 2, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Periferica Ferrari 458 racing wheel Oct 14, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Ayuda! Sobre giro Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Jun 8, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster non ffb Ferrari 458 italia issue Feb 12, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Ferarri 458 Gt2 - Nurburgring GP 1.56.544 World Record Feb 7, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Epic Come Back - 458 GT2 on Nurburgring GT Jan 23, 2018
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Intense Battle (Replay) - 458 GT2 vs Z4 GT3 on Nurburgring GT Jan 23, 2018

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The AI in Assetto employs that artificial stability control setting, to avoid ruining your day if they'd ever spin out I guess - that's (besides the faster reactions) why they're less likely to spin than you if you don't use it (and you shouldn't, it's not a realistic drive assist and you don't really need it). The devs mentioned testing to allow some more mistakes for the AI and disabling stability control in some situations in the future but nothing concrete yet. We'll see. Reasons why the AI might ram into you could include you blocking or unintentionally brake checking them, them trying to stay on track or their racing line, them braking too late or locking up... lots of things. As for that particular event, no idea.

4. Larryf1951

It was suggested in a different post that the player be more aware of their driving line, for the reason you hinted at. I have been hyper aware of my driving line. I pass on straights when possible. If I pass on a turn, I try to take the inside. And I am stressed about not bumping the AI, because I always lose. So, when I pass, take the lead and have a reasonable lead, it sucks to have P2 come zooming in and blast me into the wall. Being overtaken is not my issue. I can regain lost positions. But not if I get spun every time I get out front. Other races have been bad. This trofeo is wearing me ragged.

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I had the same problem. I got my hardware setup and now AI is a bit timid.

There are setup tips throughout the forum.

6. Without a vid there is no way to know what it going on, unfortunately.

Gunja and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

This is PS4. Didn't notice, sorry. I'm sure there's updates coming. AC is good for fixing things.

8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I know OP, have the sample problems as you've. AI's are sometimes retards. But how slow can u be when P2 runs you off the track m8? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Larryf1951

That's the issue. I overtake and gain a decent lead, then the AI somehow gets a boost and is on my tail. I may flub a turn or not carry the right speed every time, but it just seems a bit off that the AI can gain so quickly, then blast into a turn and spin me. I accept that I am not hitting every turn exactly right and I have no qualms with being overtaken. Its getting slapped off the track that kills me.

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, there's no rubber-banding for the AI.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

When it was doing that to me I would drive defensively by staying tight to the inside corners. It didn't make for the fastest lap times. But it made me less of a target and slower speed made it easier to handle when they did hit me.

12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I feel you. That's what's happening to me all the time. 8 lap Race I lead 6/7th lap dude hits me from behind I spin, race over. And the retarded part is he didt even spin or slow down he just keeps full throttle going
    Forward though but when I accidentally hit a car in front of me I get instant spin!!!

Frustrating I know but when you've the less try to hit every corner right and look constantly behind where the opponent is. I look back like every 10sec.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  13. Larryf1951

Even if that is so, and I am losing time by not exiting the turn fast enough or whatever, the AI should not be able to spin me off the track with a tap. It seems unrealistic that a driver could do that without penalty in a true race, so why is it acceptable here? As said earlier in this thread, if you hit the AI, you get spun. Seems jacked to me.
    Oh, I bought the Jap pack today and raced the Miata cup quick race. I got nudged, bumped and jostled from both sides and never got spun. The Ferrari is either unstable or the AI has to much stability.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  14. Larryf1951

Well, I finally battled my way through all of the races, managing to take first place in each one. It was exhausting, to say the least. And, I have entered races in the Formula Abarth Trofeo and the 599XX Evo Trofeo and have so far not experienced the same issues with the AI. I think the code for the 458 Trofeo has a glitch.

Epistolarius likes this.
  15. McGregor

McGregor Gamer

Huh, and here I thought the AI was intentionally dumbed down to simulate the real world Ferrari Challenge races ;)

Epistolarius likes this.
  16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Interesting - might be. Congrats btw.

LOL

17. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Good for you! I know how it feels. I finally got my wheel working good enough to get 25 000 points with the X Box drift. That car had this nasty plow steer. Setting the ffb stronger gave me the needed detail.

18. Larryf1951

So, now you see what I was experiencing? Miss the proper turn in once and P2 (or Position 2) comes up and wham, you're in the grass.

iwanchek likes this.
  19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm driving that stupid *** formula Taurus or something like that event and it kills my joy for the game.

I was driving almost 3h Nurburgring, got second and the end, now Imola, last night played 2h and I'll do today my best to finish the event without AI takes me down.

Ridiculous

20. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That really depends on how your system is working. That's the problem with discussing this. Your system works one way and someone else's is working another.

I'm sorry I haven't figured out how to upload videos of AI pounding me through the corners before I got it fix.

Now AI is too easy.

21. [​IMG]

Larryf1951 and Rudski like this.