1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

458 Trofeo is freaking bumper cars

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Oct 7, 2016.

1. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Why would we make this up??

I for one don't race on line (because my internet is too slow).
    I don't compare or complain about lap times.
    So why would I make all this up to get yelled at and made fun of??

Larryf1951 likes this.
  2. First off, this is the console section so they don't have multiple choices as far as system setup goes. Secondly, the ai doesn't rubber band. (it would need to be a baked line/time AI for that to happen and it isn't)
    Stefano himself has lightly mocked you previously, that should be reason enough to quit spreading the same misinformation.

Epistolarius likes this.
  3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There's absolutely no reason a simulation racing game should employ rubber-banding AI. It's not in the game, AI is set to a certain AI level (which mostly affects braking distances) and drives their laps, the end.

Kunos could be more detailed about this as devs ofc but they'd tell you much the same.

4. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I can only tell you what I experienced. I'm pretty sure you guys know I'm not trying to cause trouble. It's just hard to not say anything when I see others experiencing the same thing and saying AC is crap.

I am willing to give Kunos any information they want. I will run experiments if they need.

I get annoyed when I see others being made fun on this subject, but I will do my best to stay quiet.

I wish everyone good luck and peace.

Larryf1951 likes this.
  5. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

And, in an earlier reply, I conceded that the AI may not be rubber banded. It may be that I am not always hitting the best racing line and am losing time. That still does not explain why the AI does not react to a collision. If they slam into me, then decelerate, fine. But they don't. The AI continues on, accelerating and increasing your wipe out, making it impossible to recover. That is and was my primary issue. If it was another driver, they would attempt to avoid the collision, but if unable to, would at the very least react afterwards.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

This is getting really silly vega. But, have your way. Paint the people stating facts as bad guys, not my concern. If you have something to report then report it, make bug reports, please. Help make the game better. Not leading arguments over that you're in the right. Because unless the code for consoles is somehow suddenly completely different than on PC there is with absolute certainty no rubber-banding in any version of this sim. On PC you can easily check that yourself with the AI dev tools as well as the switching to other cars' cameras and replays btw.

7. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I believe and respect you. I'm doing my best to understand.
    You guys are high tec and I am old hotrod very low tec. I do understand you guys yelling at me. That's usually when I get the best answers.
    No disrespect intended.
    I am probably AC biggest fanboy. I stayed through some very broken driving (mostly caused by my lack of computer skills) for one simple reason, Kunos is trying to make the most realistic driving experience.
    This is not about coming in first every time. That's what video games are for.
    This is a driving simulator.

8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

You guys are not the bad guys. I respect you guys.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Sorry if you got the impression that people are yelling at you, but that wasn't the intention. This isn't about talking you down, it's just stating a fact. You and others might have gotten the impression that the AI has rubber-banding but one can just tell you that this isn't supposed to be the case. If that makes you guys go into defensive then sorry, but that leads to nowhere. Now, anyway, it's best that you guys provide a detailed report of your findings and let the devs check that.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  10. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

@Epistolarius

I did give a log last year but my tech skills were too poor to make much of it. There were a lot of guys helping, I'm sure you were one of them, thanks.
    If you never experienced this I can understand your doubt.

I just want these guys know they're not crazy it will get fixed.

What ever it is it only happens to a small number of us. I was surprised to hear someone from PS4 experiencing the same thing I did.
    Mine doesn't do it anymore. I think I can get it to do it again. Not really high up on the things I want to do. I would try for Kunos if they want me to.

11. Leave your system alone Vega.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  12. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Thanks. It's a beautiful thing.